JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 202 Member
    Quick question for you all. I've noticed a few people say "stay in the green"

What does this mean?
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    yi7ttx8cd8fx.jpg
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00. Warm car.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Check WLGs. Update on board.
    3. Class 1-2: Students return work. New groups. Character analysis; Socratic discussion Weds. HW: Hero-Villain showdown, Subject complements.
    4. Planning: A - Update Week 7-8 / Unit 3 plans and print. B - Lunch duty; grade classwork C - Enter grades. D - Blog post. Print materials for MLA practice.
    5. Class 4: Chromebooks - MLA formatting, research.
    6. Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Zumba 5:30. Lang8 post.
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. WLGs on board. PRINT SOCRATIC WORKSHEETS!
    3. Class 1-2: KEEP HW. Socratic discussion. HW: Language, subject complements. Thursday HW - story reversal.
    4. Planning: A - Review Week 7-8 plans / Unit 3 plans and update. B - Grade classwork at lunch duty. C - Enter grades. D - Call parents.
    5. Class 4: Medal of Freedom research. Practice paraphrasing. Choose nominees.
    6. Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Walk in park. Run 9 laps (~2.25 mi). Aim for <40 min.
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday. Blog post.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Thu lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Friday - check in with dr. about progress on ankle.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 185.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

I am REALLY jealous of my husband's ability to get up and be ready in about 15 minutes. I cannot adequately express the level of frustrated rage that I feel at the expectation that in order to be taken seriously as a professional, I have to wear makeup, jewelry, and have my hair styled. That nonsense is ridiculously sexist and classist. I hate it SO MUCH. But there's nothing I can do about it because we live in a capitalist society and if my employer decides I'm "uncooperative" and "insubordinate" they can dump me and I lose access to food, shelter, clothing, healthcare - you know, things that are necessary for SURVIVAL.

Capitalism is a rotten kitten. I love my job, but I am sick of feeling shackled to my employment.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!
    LET'S GET OUT OF OUR COMFORT ZONES AND DO ONE MORE THAN OUR BEST!
    LET'S TURN IT UP BETTER THAN YESTERDAY!
    MAKE ONE MORE STEP! DRINK ONE MORE OUNCE OF WATER
    SAY ONE MORE NO TO THE THINGS THAT HAVE HELD YOU BACK!
    SAY ONE MORE YES TO CHOOSE HEALTHY FOOD OVER THAT DESSERT
    SAY ONE MORE YES TO LIFE!! AND LIVING IT IN WELLNESS.

I LOVE YOU ALL LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
    MAKE IT A GREAT DAY FOR YOURSELF AND THE ONES YOU LOVE (disclaimer: if they let you)
    But BE GOOD TO YOURSELVES💖👏👏👏👏🔥
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    edited February 2019
    Good morning! I'm going to take it one step further and add a workout to my list today. I'm kind of cringing as I say that because "I don't wanna", but it NEEDS TO HAPPEN. There will always be a "tomorrow" or a "next Monday" that never comes, so I am deciding it is TODAY.

@Snowflake1968 you're right, we can do this!!!!

Yesterday:

1. Stay within calories 😁
    2. Go for a walk on lunch break😁
    3. Leave work before 5:30😁
    4. Cook dinner😁
    5. Work on a drawing for my friend😁

JFT 2/13:

1. Stay within calories
    2. (**Edited to remove lunchtime walk, it's raining pretty hard and I think it's supposed to all day**)
    3. Leave work before 5:30
    4. Do a workout after work
    5. Wash a load of laundry
    6. Set aside clothes for tomorrow night
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    JFT 2/13/19
    Weight
    Jan Red cup challenge
    Stay in the green
    Scan imp. papers
    Email them
    Look over other important papers
    Get things ready for tomorrow
    Look up a couple deadlines

I'm not feeling very committal to the following due to the last 3 items above. Waited to last minute & now very nervous... :
    Back exercises
    Other e exercises
    Into bed 1am
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,312 Member
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Tuesday 2/12
    - Up early for the gym before work - :( Just couldn't get up at 4:00am today. Even took a nap and went to bed early. I'll try to throw some type of physical effort in this evening.
    - Straighten up the house a bit before work so the flooring people don't know I'm a slob. - :)
    - Weigh. I usually only weigh on Thursdays for a work challenge. I wanted to see if the water weight from my high sodium, high fat meal Sunday night had leveled out. :) Down 2 pounds from last week.
    - Breakfast fruit and protein bar - :)
    - Yay, random drug test at work - o:) Done
    - Perform a few audits at work, and review/modify some tech documents. :)
    - Exercise in the evening, just do something for at least 30 minutes. :) Super proud of this one as I generally don't exercise at home even when I say I'm going to. First time I've pulled my trainer out in like 6 months.
    - Dinner with the family, high on veggies and protein low on grains/starches. :/ One kid ate at the dance. One kid wanted leftover spaghetti. Hubby didn't care. I ate a big bowl of cereal and called it good.
    - Stay awake and spend a little time with the hubby, he's getting needy. :) Made it until 11:00pm.

JFT Wednesday 2/13
    -Gym crazy early so I can make my 8:00 meeting. :) but the bowl of cereal for dinner didn't quite fuel the workout. Running on 5 hours of sleep didn't help either.
    - Breakfast before my meeting. :| Didn't happen, but I did take some water to the meeting. I ate shortly after it was over.
    - Eat a low cal high protein lunch.
    - Stay awake during my afternoon meeting.
    - Pick up dogs.
    - Pick up Kid.
    - Go to church
    - Eat a dinner that won't break the calorie bank.

Thanks all for giving me a little accountability. If I "write" it, I way more likely to do it.
  • pridesabtch
    @13ecca4 Being in the Green means staying within your allotted calories for the day. If you go over the display turns red.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    If I "write" it, I way more likely to do it.

SO MUCH THIS! (Also, I keep my JFT open so that I can check it from time to time during the day - I have so many little things to do that it's REALLY easy to forget about some of them if I don't have a list!)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    JFT - Tuesday February 12 - Determined
    2L of water - 😕 only 1.5 @ZizzyBumble I got busy and forgot.
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂2.5
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😕 2, but I still had 200+ calories left
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Wednesday February 13 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Today would have been my grandparents 78th wedding anniversary. They were married by the army chaplain in Kingston, Ontario where Grampie was training to go overseas. The train ticket for Grammie to meet him was 1.00 and change. She wrote meticulously in her diary what meals she had and what stops she made on the train.
    If memory serves they only saw each other one more time after their wedding until the end of the war. I have the only picture they had taken which was actually the day after the wedding as she was boarding the train to go home. I also have her wedding dress it is an emerald green velvet with matching hat.

I have about 70 more pieces to print and cut for Kaitlyn’s invitations and I ran short by 15 pieces of paper for the one part. I need to go to Michaels again.

Today is Grandkid Wednesday and I should make a Valentine’s Day card for them and for hubby too. Maybe I’ll do that while I wait for invites to print.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Maryrobinson40 - youvsure keep yourself busy. I need to set out more to do.

Mytime6630 - happy to read you spent some time with your daughter. It is dinner that I struggle with too. One of my goals for today is to think about meals for the next two weeks so I can attempt to spend much less on groceries. Thank you for the prayers, I’m still staying positive that I hear back from the one I truly want.

Faebert - good luck with the assembly today, what do you do at these? Our assemblies in school was usually a guest speaker or if there was a big announcement or something for the school or community.

Bookmeister86- good luck on the job. You have way too many stressful days at your current one.

Roundbutsound- I count some of my big cleaning days as exercise on MFP. Not my usual daily tidying though.

13ecca4 - when logging your food in MFP if you stay within your calorie goals the number stays green. If you go over it turns red.

Clicketykeys- I agree with you, women are expected to dress nicer and be more “made-up” than men. Maybe one day, we’ll get true equality.

Aubyshortcake- you are so right the “Monday” never seems to come, so we might as well do today.

elbee1- I’m not sure what’s going on, but you seemed worried so I’m hoping it goes well for you.

Nlmackey98- I feel the same. If I write it down here I don’t like coming back to say I didn’t do it, so I’m most likely to get it done. 90% of the time. There are other days that I still can’t do it though.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    So mad at myself! Matt brought home a package of peanut butter Oreos and I are half the pack. I was doing so well yesterday too!

Well today is a new day!

So for the rest of the day!

1. Stay calm and focused at work
    2. Double check all of my work as I go.
    3. Take a walk on my break
    4. Get up and move every hour
    5. Gym after work.
    6. Figure out dinner.
    7. Dishes!!!!
    8. Shower before bed
    9. Bed by 1030

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Gah!!! In the past 3 weeks I have burned 4 1/2 days of personal time at work due to snowstorms / severe winter weather. My routine is so screwed up by these days. Forecast is for more "normal" winter weather for the next 7 days & no storms ~ yippee!!!

Yesterday was another snow day that I didn't go to work & winter weather warning was extended to 3 a.m. from midnight. I never logged on computer, and only logged my food using phone. Spent a lot of time binge-watching shows on DVR. At least I shoveled snow while hubby snowblowed the driveway midday ~ that was my only workout. We got 10" snow, on top of 6" we got Sunday. Hard to believe mid-January I was complaining we had no snow.

JFT W 2/13 ~ Since hubby cleared driveway (again) when he got home from work at 12:30 a.m. I didn't have to shovel this morning. <3
    1) Awake for early alarm in case I had to shovel / treadmill 3 mi 50:52 + cool down + stretched = happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Will have leftovers for lunch & supper but haven't prelogged yet / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Evening: mail niece's bday card / reorg freezers / wash dishes / prep clothes for workplace snowshoe hike on Th / other to-do's?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set/verify alarm (no workout), bed & tv off 10:20
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Just hopping on quick. I'm at work trying to catch up and tie up loose ends before going on vacation tomorrow.

I will try to hop on when I can to check in but not promising. My husband deserves me to be present on our trip and so does my dad. So....my goals for Thursday 2/14 through Tuesday, 2/19, are to be mindful in my choices of food; drink plenty of water since it will be warm and I plan to be outside a lot; take a walk every day and get in at least 30 minutes of activity. My dad said there are fresh produce stands all year long there, so I'm excited about that! :)

We'll be in Arizona and I'm SO EXCITED! Never been there. Going to see both my family and two of husband's sisters. Should be a really good time, and I know at the very least it will be awesome for my husband and I to get away alone for a few days.

Love you all. HUGS and Prayers.

Tracie
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,193 Member
    Just hopping on quick. I'm at work trying to catch up and tie up loose ends before going on vacation tomorrow.

I will try to hop on when I can to check in but not promising. My husband deserves me to be present on our trip and so does my dad. So....my goals for Thursday 2/14 through Tuesday, 2/19, are to be mindful in my choices of food; drink plenty of water since it will be warm and I plan to be outside a lot; take a walk every day and get in at least 30 minutes of activity. My dad said there are fresh produce stands all year long there, so I'm excited about that! :)

We'll be in Arizona and I'm SO EXCITED! Never been there. Going to see both my family and two of husband's sisters. Should be a really good time, and I know at the very least it will be awesome for my husband and I to get away alone for a few days.

Love you all. HUGS and Prayers.

Tracie

You have a WONDERFUL TIME!!!! Don't worry about a thing ... just enjoy the time. You so deserve this!!!!!!
  • pridesabtch
    @PackerFanInGB Have a great trip. Be mindful of your choices, but don't be consumed by them.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @PackerFanInGB Tracie, I hope you have a lovely holiday in the warm! Relax and enjoy it, you can be mindful but set a goal to enjoy the break without guilt.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited February 2019
    Not going to have time to post in the morning, so getting this done now!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile: One extra hot chocolate, but that's tiny
    - Be in the green :smile:
    - 4 bottles water :smile: I'm on just over 3 and still have dinner to eat, so should do this
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Run to work :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :/ I ate my pre French snack whilst walking. That was a bit piggy, I could have waited...
    - Savour every bite :smile: so far!
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :/ Forgot this
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :/ Did not do this when ate my pre French snack early - I wasn't hungry, just wanted to eat it!
    - Give myself credit! :smile: I just avoided buying crisps even though it's 9pm and haven't had dinner yet. Impressed with myself

- 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Stay calm and positive :neutral: I won't say calm, I was very flappy and moany about my work issues.... But I was positive! (I moan in an upbeat funny way, or at least I think I do...)
    - Leave work at 5.15pm :neutral: A tiny bit late, but not much
    - DO NOT SKIP FRENCH CLASS :smiley: Yes!
    - Gratitude journal :neutral: I plan to....
    - Lights off by 11 :neutral: I plan to....

Tomorrow's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - Exercise DVD

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Stay positive!
    - Quality time with boyfriend
    - Gratitude journal

Weekly calorie balance: 1570 in red - managed to reduce it from yesterday!!

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday 13 February

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :) but only because I pre-logged and then had to rethink my choices!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)