JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Where are my goals .... I guess I didn't set any for today!

I went to my WW meeting. I thought I would be down at least 2 pounds, according to my scales LAST NITE. But this morning when I woke up, I was UP 2 pounds ... so needless to say, at the WW meeting, it said I only lost .2 of a #. I was so bummed, because I felt I worked really really hard. I even resisted eating even ONE chocolate cookie! But then, I realized that the scale will not always move. That once I get to my goal, I have to eat like this all the time. That I have to learn to be aware of what I eat ... not just so the scale moved, but so I can get/stay as healthy as I can. But I have to admit, I hope next week I can at least show a loss (after all, I paid $100 for the 3 months :s )

So today I took my daughter out shopping and lunch. We went to Panera bread, but since everything on that menu is pretty high in points, I just had a peach/blueberry smoothie. then after I got home, I made myself a chicken sandwich. Then hubby wanted to go out to eat at a mexican restuarant. First I was going to say no, but after a rainy stormy day, the sun came out ,and it was nice to get out. So , I had my margarita, but only drank half.I had my chicken chimigiana, but only ate half, and only ate half of my beans and rice.Still way over, but now the rest of the week, I will just watch what I eat. So I am proud that I am learning to at least pay attention to these things. (And, I left the basket of chips alone!). Baby steps.

SO JFT, Sun
    1. go to the gym
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate on water = 8+ glasses
    4. feb challenge - only one evening snack... if any.
    5. mar challenge ... if not raining, go out for a walk.
    6. take daughters stuff to the tax people. .. hoping she will not owe a lot
    7. do no give up. Keep trying ... one habit at a time, one day at a time. The scale is not a predictor ... stay off of it.

@mytime6630 well done on the bolded! You should be proud - that’s a great NSV right there. And the scale will catch up if you stick with it. Thanks for the WW insight x
  • Faebert
    Options
    @Bex953172 you have my sympathy. I hate packing! And packing up a family of five must be v hard work. Good luck, and at least you can enjoy some guilt-free exercise calories 😉
  • Faebert
    Options
    Had a good day yesterday (no sod-it Saturday for me!). Got in a workout and loads of chores so today will be a bit more relaxed. Throwing it down with rain so I’m not sure we will go anywhere but the girls have some homework to finish off and I have five loads of laundry to put away so stuff to keep us occupied...

Saturday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Kids hair wash ✅
    - P pack for party and sleepover ✅
    - Wrap gift and P write card ✅
    - Homework (at cafe?) ✅
    - Make plan for Sunday ✅ (see parents?) nope- bit of home time instead
    - Laundry and cleaning ✅
    - Drop P to party ✅
    - Quality time with L ✅
    - Groceries - fruit and veggies and coconut milk ✅
    - Cake decorations for next week’s party ❎
    - Bed by 9:30 ✅ in bed but not lights out until 10

Sunday goals:
    - morning workout
    - Pick P up from sleepover at 10:30
    - Put away laundry
    - Girls finish homework and pack bags for Monday (L swimming kit)
    - Buy gift for godson ✅
    - Order cake decorations
    - Buy sweets for cake topping (pound shop?)
    - Bed by 9, lights off 9:30

Have a great Sunday all! X
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Where are my goals .... I guess I didn't set any for today!

So today I took my daughter out shopping and lunch. We went to Panera bread, but since everything on that menu is pretty high in points, I just had a peach/blueberry smoothie. then after I got home, I made myself a chicken sandwich. Then hubby wanted to go out to eat at a mexican restuarant. First I was going to say no, but after a rainy stormy day, the sun came out ,and it was nice to get out. So , I had my margarita, but only drank half.I had my chicken chimigiana, but only ate half, and only ate half of my beans and rice.Still way over, but now the rest of the week, I will just watch what I eat. So I am proud that I am learning to at least pay attention to these things. (And, I left the basket of chips alone!). Baby steps.

This is fantastic!!! Progress, not perfection!!!! You knocked discipline out of the ballpark!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday March 10

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge - pay particular attention today as I been poor at drinking water on the last 2 days
    February challenge
    March challenge - hopefully the wind will drop later and the sun come through the rain clouds
  • mommymary
    mommymary Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Goals:
    Food diary
    Exercise 30 minutes/10,000 steps
    Drink at least 8 glasses of water
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I went to my WW meeting. I thought I would be down at least 2 pounds, according to my scales LAST NITE. But this morning when I woke up, I was UP 2 pounds ... so needless to say, at the WW meeting, it said I only lost .2 of a #. I was so bummed, because I felt I worked really really hard. I even resisted eating even ONE chocolate cookie! But then, I realized that the scale will not always move. That once I get to my goal, I have to eat like this all the time. That I have to learn to be aware of what I eat ... not just so the scale moved, but so I can get/stay as healthy as I can. But I have to admit, I hope next week I can at least show a loss (after all, I paid $100 for the 3 months :s ).

If before bed you weighed yourself, and then you weighed again first thing in the morning, and you didn’t get up and eat or drink anything during the night, your scale should not show an increase in the morning. It might mean you need to check the batteries if it’s electronic.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

@PackerFanInGB that is a great NSV, you should be so proud!! That discipline is inspiring!

@mytime6630 I commend you on being able to resist the chips, that is a physical impossibility for me!

Yesterday was fun, after my husband got home we went and saw Captain Marvel which was awesome and put me in a really good mood. 😊

Yesterday 3/9:

1. Stay within calorie goal😊 less than 20 over so I'm calling it a win
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps 😁
    3. Do workout😁
    4. Cook dinner😁
    5. Take time to just relax, maybe sit outside
    and read or play WoW..or both. This is the time in the week to decompress and unwind, do not neglect that.😁

JFT 3/10:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps
    3. Clean off bathroom counter
    4. Put away clean clothes
    5. Wash a load of laundry
    6. Remember to take some relaxation and chill time
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    I went to my WW meeting. I thought I would be down at least 2 pounds, according to my scales LAST NITE. But this morning when I woke up, I was UP 2 pounds ... so needless to say, at the WW meeting, it said I only lost .2 of a #. I was so bummed, because I felt I worked really really hard. I even resisted eating even ONE chocolate cookie! But then, I realized that the scale will not always move. That once I get to my goal, I have to eat like this all the time. That I have to learn to be aware of what I eat ... not just so the scale moved, but so I can get/stay as healthy as I can. But I have to admit, I hope next week I can at least show a loss (after all, I paid $100 for the 3 months :s ).

If before bed you weighed yourself, and then you weighed again first thing in the morning, and you didn’t get up and eat or drink anything during the night, your scale should not show an increase in the morning. It might mean you need to check the batteries if it’s electronic.

Thats what I would have thought ... but even the WW scale showed a increase! Hubby told me it was because I drank so much water the nite before.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Waters ever hour (stop for bottled water) :|
    3. Smoothie >:)
    4. Fish oil :)
    5. Move laundry NOW :)
    6. Leave by 11:30 :)
    7. Set up air mattress :)
    8. Mini meal plan :)
    9. Update this list later :|
    10. Log in again tomorrow, weekends are not free for alls :)

JFT Sunday
    1. Log all food
    2. Fish oil NOW
    3. Waters on the hour
    4. Make soup
    5. Be kind
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,785 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    JFT - Saturday March 9 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Maintenance - 🙂 in green
    Walk 1 Mile - 😂
    Plank Challenge - 😂
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 0/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 😂
    Write in Journal - 😒
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 😒

JFT - Sunday March 10 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I made it through my couple days away. Oh man, I ate too much junk and my stomach is not happy with me.

Scale is way up, but I know a lot of that is sodium.

Better day today.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Just for Saturday
    Log every bite, stay in the green. :)
    <29 g added sugar :)
    <75 g carbs :)
    64 oz water :( Closer to 40 unless you count coffee, then I'm definitely at the 64 oz mark!
    Eat mindfully and only when sitting :)
    Read another chapter of one of my nutrition books :#Nope. Went to ArtiGras and then came home and watched movies with my husband instead.
    Pack up Bex's quilt and get it ready to mail! So excited about this one! :)
    Begin March Bills / Budget / Taxes :# Absolutely HAVE to do this today.
    Enjoy the day with my husband. Be present. <3Definitely did! Was a nice relaxing day together
    Focus on positive. Think about how I can turn around situation at work to becoming positive. >:) I just couldn't do it. I was/am still feeling so hurt, I don't know how to move forward. I'm sure it will pass. However, I am definitely not looking forward to tomorow.
    Evening routine: Gratitude Journal :s | Calm App :) | Joyce :#

Had a nice time at ArtiGras yesterday with husband. I ended up buying 3 large wooden buttons to hang on the wall in my sewing area...one is green and about 10" across, one is red and about 6" across and one is yellow and about 4" across. I think they will look cute down there and brighten up my area of the basement a little. I also bought some earrings and a metal lawn ornament of a dragonfly. Well, my husbad bought these all for me. I pointed and he handed over the plastic and said "Happy birthday". ;) It was fun. Then we came home in the afternoon and watched movies on Netflix and Amazon Prime the rest of the day. Not productive day at all, but I don't really mind. I needed to keep my mind busy and it did keep me occupied. My husband deserves the best of me and work deserves the best of me for the 40 hours a week I am paid to be there. Period.

Today I am still sitting here in my robe at noon. Husband is making a ham and cheese omelette for our lunch. It snowed, sleeted and rained again overnight. Snowing right now again. I can hear my favorite wind chimes playing outside, and I do love that sound. But I cannot WAIT until spring! :flowerforyou:

So many of you I'd like to reply to. I'll try to hop on later. I do want to say that the picture that @Snowflake1968 posted is adorable! Love all that jewelry on your little princess!

Just for Sunday:
    Journal every bite
    Stay green
    <29 g added sugar
    <75 g carbs
    Protein in every snack and meal
    64 oz of water

Read some scripture today
    Listen to Joyce podcast
    Calm app
    Be kind. Look for the positives. Keep things in perspective. Can always be worse.

Prep veggies for the week.
    Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    Sew something. Anything. Make a potholder.
    Enjoy what is left of the day. Run to PetSmart for dog food and toys.
    Evening routine to include 1 self-care thing.

Have a great day, my friends! I love you all! xoxo

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I did have what I thought was an awesome NSV yesterday though....I normally would have eaten my feelings. I had candybars, tootsie rolls, saltwater taffy, etc, right by me for colleauges and did not touch one. I wanted to, but I did not. I did not go grab crap from the vending machines. And when I went for lunch at noon, I went to Culvers and bought a chicken cashew salad. When I got home, I wanted to dig into the ice cream, but I did not. This was a huge victory for me, seeing as I was still extremly upset. So I think as I manage to get through each day without eating crap, it gets a bit easier for me to stay away from it. !

You are AWESOME!
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Saturday

- Sleep in a bit. 😀
    - Take kid to theater workshop at 9:00. 😀had oldest take her so I could be lazy.
    - Gym or hike. 🙃oldest daughter joined me for a hike. I was bummed at first because that is my alone time, but it was nice to spend some one on one time.
    - Go setup and teach mom to use her medical alert system. 😌the reality of her dementia is difficult for me.
    - Get cleaned up and a little dressed up for date night. Dinner and a play. :) the dinner was good, the acting was awful, but we had a great time. Our relationship needed this.
    - Don’t worry able calories at dinner, but skip the bread and eat half of what is served. :) No bread lunch portion.
    - Enjoy the play. :) it was bad enough that it was funny.
    - Come home and enjoy my husband’s company. :) Win
    - Bed by 11:00 :( No but the evening deserved an encore.

Have a great day y’all!

Today I was supposed to get up and go to church. I felt such dread and anxiety I couldn’t even get out of bed. The family got home around 1:30 after running some errands. I was still in bed and hadn’t taken my meds. Hubby was worried and angry. I took my meds but went back to bed. The world gets to heavy some days. I’m up now and doing laundry. Hubby made a late breakfast. I guess my only real goal for today is to “do better” and be “present”. Those should be easy things, but sometimes they just aren’t.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options

Thats what I would have thought ... but even the WW scale showed a increase! Hubby told me it was because I drank so much water the nite before.

Well, water can definitely affect what the scale says... but if you drank the water before the night-time weighing and didn't drink more before the AM weighing, it shouldn't have increased.

But the previous weigh-in on the WW scale would have been awhile ago, sooo... yeah, that's why I log my weight daily! I also do peek at my weight the night before, sometimes, though I don't write it down. I generally "lose" 1-4 lbs overnight, thanks to various forms of water leaving my body, if you know what I mean ;D
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    @mytime6630

“So today I took my daughter out shopping and lunch. We went to Panera bread, but since everything on that menu is pretty high in points, I just had a peach/blueberry smoothie. then after I got home, I made myself a chicken sandwich. Then hubby wanted to go out to eat at a mexican restuarant. First I was going to say no, but after a rainy stormy day, the sun came out ,and it was nice to get out. So , I had my margarita, but only drank half.I had my chicken chimigiana, but only ate half, and only ate half of my beans and rice.Still way over, but now the rest of the week, I will just watch what I eat. So I am proud that I am learning to at least pay attention to these things. (And, I left the basket of chips alone!). Baby steps.”

I think this is a magnificent life change. Learning to have what we love without overindulging. Now most of us are here because at some point we decided we wanted to lose weight and be a better healthier version of ourselves. The weight will go as your changes become habits you apply to every aspect of your life. Cheers to you and your resolve to change your reality!

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    KInd of a lazy Sunday here. I often have to play the organ at a church on Sunday mornings with its accompanying practice, choir rehearsal, early rising, etc. Nice to have a change of pace, so I made a large breakfast of ham, egg, cranberry sauce, and toast, then read the newspaper, and now i"m planning to get out for a walk; it will stay light longer now that we are in DST!--
    Weight: 162.4
    Exercise 20" minute walk
    Water: 4 glasses
    Calories: 1600 or less
    Organ practice
    Daily meditation
    Tidy bedroom and kitchen
  • pridesabtch
    Options

I hope this doesn’t sound insensitive, but you say your scale isn’t trustworthy. Hopefully, fresh batteries will turn things around. Right now it just seems to cause more frustration than good.

Perhaps it’s time to find a new measuring stick. Maybe look at inches lost rather than pounds until you can get a new scale. The tape measured doesn’t lie. While you are going to WW, you can still get a weight you are confident in even if it is only once a week. You just have to trust the work you are putting in is enough throughout the week.

After WW, switch to measurements. You can track those on MFP as well. I just hate seeing you so frustrated and unsure about this. You are amazing and a great source of kindness & inspiration.

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday March 10

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :/
    Fitbit excercise goals :/
    January challenge - pay particular attention today as I been poor at drinking water on the last 2 days :) just!
    February challenge :)
    March challenge - hopefully the wind will drop later and the sun come through the rain clouds
    :) The afternoon was much nicer!

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Where has this weekend gone? Lol. It's Matt's birthday today. 36 years young! Lol. We did a lot yesterday. At least a lot of shopping. Lol. But the house is looking nice. And today was another fail at putting the desk up so Dad said that he would come down sometime this weekend to put it up for us. Lol. Matt and I are just not all that handy. Lol.

I dont think I hit more than like 4 of my goals for yesterday. And I didn't make any today at all. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day while Matt is at work. I have a whole bunch of things I have to do. I can't sleep until 11 like I have been the last week or two. I need to get back into a normal sleep pattern again. It's only 7:45 and I'm already exhausted but I can't go to sleep yet!

Anyway, sorry for the totally random update. Lol.

See everyone in the morning!