JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 2-25-19

1. Log all food :)
    2. Drink at least 4 bottles of water :(Only 3 and a bit but I did have a big cup of tea...so that counts right?
    3. Go over M's :)Didnt spend nearly as much time there as I thought I would which is actually a really good thing because it gave me time to do a whole bunch of other things.
    4. Clean bathroom(yes that means the shower!) :DEverything BUT the shower. Lol. I need to go buy a squeegee so that I can really clean it with minimal effort. Our shower is very poorly designed but this should help a lot!
    5. Try out new drain stopper in the kitchen sink/DO DISHES :):):)The drain stopper was amazing! Best $7 I spent on a kitchen related item! And I got all of the dishes done in a reasonable amount of time! Including the frying pan I used! Lol. I didn't leave anything soaking...is it strange how good this makes me feel? LOL
    6. The gym at some point! :)Spent 40 minutes on the treadmill reading my friend's story. I didn't realize how long I walked until I looked up at the timer and it said 39:45. I was shocked! Lol.
    7. Figure out dinner! :DWe attempted to have honey sesame chicken with broccoli and rice. But I royally screwed up the chicken/broccoli part. Matt is a love and ate it all and didn't complain! There are leftovers but I don't know if I am just going to chuck them or not. Lol
    8. Spend time with Matt :)Hung out on the couch for a while and then went to bed.
    9. Bed at a reasonable time! :)Was definitely an early night. We were in bed with the light out by 9:15 and I was asleep probably by 9:30. Lol.

So it's 7(or will be when I finish this). I got up at 6:10. Made Matt lunch and sent him off to work and now I'm sitting here on the couch wrapped up in a blanket and enjoying a cup of coffee. I'm in the blanket because it is FREEZING in the house. We left one of the heaters off accidentally and the temperature got down to like 25F last night. It's back on now so hopefully, it'll start to warm up soon.

So yesterday I went over M's to talk about the Community Acupuncture Clinic she wants to open. Pretty much it boils down to a clinic that focuses mostly on lower/lower middle-class income people. To the marginalized and traumatized. People who have had bad experiences with medical doctors and such. M gave me homework last night that I was reading. It sounds like a really awesome thing. I can attest to the wonderful things that acupuncture can do. M has been doing treatments on me for years. So pretty much my job is going to be the first person the clients encounter. I smiling friendly face who is genuinely glad to see them and tells them so. Someone who can make them smile and let them know that they are in a safe place and that we want them here. I'll also be doing the books and making appointments and things. The clinic will run on a sliding scale price wise. We will charge anywhere from $13-$35. And that means that a person can pay anything they want in that price range for treatment. There will also be packages for people who need to be seen often and we will give them a deeper discount. We will deal a lot with clients who live on a fixed income or who don't have an income at all. It is our job to love them and to treat them like they are awesome people that we are happy to see...because they are and we are. So today we are getting back together and are going to make steps of the things that we need to do to get this thing rolling! I am beyond excited! This really sounds like the perfect job for me!

Okay! Enough rambling! Onto goals! Lol

JFT, 2/26/19

1. Log all my food
    2. Gym!
    3. M's
    4. Buy squeegee/Clean shower
    5. READ
    6. Dinner/Dishes!
    7. DH time
    8. Early to bed(most likely)
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I hope everyone is having a good week so far. My time management is not great right now so I'll be quick again..

Yesterday 2/25:

1. Stay within calorie goal 😊a few over but nothing crazy
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    3. Leave work by 5:15😁
    4. Pickup and cook something for dinner😁
    5. Do a load of laundry😁

JFT 2/26:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Leave work by 5:15
    4. Workout after work
    5. Don't let stress get the better of me
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options

Monday- 2/25/19
    Weigh - 🙂 159.8 lbs didn't gain at least.
    Stay in green 😐 Stayed close, tho. So um pleased.
    Red cup challenge 🙂 4 8oz. Glasses. Yay!

JFT Tuesday, 2/26/19
    Stay in green or close-didn't plan meals today.
    Red cup challenge (4)
    Exercise??-not planned so anything squeezed in will be awesome.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Coffee! Log 1 item. Warm car. Update JFT by 7 AM. Post discussion.
    2. Before school: EMAIL LESSON PLANS. PRINT. Update class websites. Update WLGs. Offer hugs as students enter/leave.
    3. Class 1-2: Figurative Language. HW: Simplicity / verb phrases. Go to lab FIRST tomorrow and print before 8 AM.
    4. Planning: A - Draft essay. Call gastro. B - Write sub plans. PRINT. Print graphic organizers. C - Grade late work. D - Input grades.
    5. Class 4: Survey. Body paragraphs; analyze sample. Fill out graphic organizer. Chromebooks if needed for research. Check on Works Cited. Homework: Proof / verb phrases.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength 4:30. Zumba 5:30. If it stays nice, I might go for a run instead. Quiz. Put water flavors in school bag.
    8. Therapy exercises. Prep Tue lunch: Saag. Chop celery. Pack lunch bag. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00. Warm car.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Check WLGs. Update on board. Print rubrics for analyses.
    3. Class 1-2: PRINT WORK IN LAB. Present analysis. MARK AND ENTER. Class 2 choose sonnets. HW: Polaroids / compounds. (Review compounds)
    4. Planning: A - Read articles. Draft literary review. Call gastro AGAIN. B - MEETING. Grade classwork? C - Enter grades? D - Blog post - poetry lesson. Write sub plans for Fri/Mon and PRINT. Print intro/conclusion graphic organizer for 4th.
    5. Class 4: Grammar - compound sentences. Chromebooks - Intro/conclusion work.
    6. Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Park run. Aim for 3.5 miles. Lang8 post. Read 6 pages of Capital.
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads THURSDAY.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 190.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

I generally leave my power cord at school and this morning my battery was drained cuz I worked so hard. So I'm at school and plugged in now. Gonna be a busy day. Cross your fingers for me!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Hi all, pretty rough day yesterday. My older daughter was too sick to go to school so lots of scrabbling about childcare-wise and then I was rushing around trying to leave early to get home to her. Did not drink enough water, tired from her waking me in the night, plus stressed plus a squabble with my own mum = some poor decisions with food last night. Somehow managed to stay under goal due to activity but I didn’t sleep enough and didn’t hydrate or feel myself sensibly and feeling the effects this morning. Not sure if she’ll be well enough to go today but at least have a plan if she needs to stay off. So I’m starting today a bit unsure of the plan. Can only do my best!

Monday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Pack snacks, buy milk and coffee on way to work ✅
    - Water! ❎ forgot my bottle
    - Reply to emails @ lunchtime - medieval workshop?! ✅
    - Call potential party venues again - get something booked! ✅
    - Leave on time ✅ early actually as oldest still sick
    - early night ❎

Tuesday goals:
    - morning workout
    - Pack water bottle - use it!
    - Home lunchtime? Run?
    - Cancel hot yoga if P still sick
    - Eat proper meals, not just snacks
    - Early night (non negotiable)

Ugh! Fed up. Time to get my head back in the game x

Truly hope she gets well soon. And as for yourself.… sister, lighten up and give yourself breathing room.
    It's going to be ok. You're doing an awesome job and will continue to fight another day. Hugs.
    I love you. We got this👏🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    w0j3wedi1m6k.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    I hope everyone has a successful day! If you accomplish one good thing on your to do list
    today...you are a success! POSITIVITY...THE FUEL FOR EFFORT APPLIED..
    I AM POSITIVE THAT YOU WILL DO AT LEAST 5 THINGS TODAY...GET OUT OF BED,
    SHOWER/BATHE, PUT ON CLOTHES, USE THE BATHROOM, MAKE SURE SOMEONE OR
    OR SOMETHING GETS FED. GIVE YOURSELF A HUG TODAY...YOUR LIFE BEGINS IN YOU💝👏
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    I
    JFT Monday

- Get up early go to the gym - :(Nope up too late to get up that early
    - Work by 8:00- :)
    - Breakfast protein bar & fruit - :(Fruit and a Tagalong (Evil Girl Scout cookies)
    - Lunch under 300cal - :)
    - Don’t get thingsfrom vending machine - :)Just barely made it
    - Go for a walk weather permitting - :)Did the hills. Goal is to slowly start adding running segments. I may die, but it will be a productive death. In the past I have done hill repeats there, but I've never run the loop. Once I run it I will start riding it. Once again something I used to do. Just gotta work up to it physically & mentally.
    - Finish the laundry - :| Well I'm sneaking up on it, but new things keep showing up. Finish was the wrong word. Perhaps do 1 or 2 loads is better. That I did.
    - Forgive myself - :(I've been focusing on my mistakes way too often lately. Can't seem to get this one down. Guess I'll keep trying.
    - Bed by 10:00 - :(More like 11:00 or 11:30

JFT Tuesday

- Get up at 3:30 to go to the gym so I can get home in time to do things before work. :)Got up at 4:00. I'm calling that close enough. Upped my cardio a little today. It triggered my asthma, but it was a quick recovery so I was able to do a little core work.
    - Make bed and tidy up so that contractors can work on the new floors. :)
    - Take dogs to doggie day care - :)
    - Get to work by 8:00 - :|8:08, but close enough. Man I love flex time!
    - Drink 1L of water before having a soda - :)
    - Have protein bar and fruit for breakfast - :/Kind of skipped this. This morning was a blur
    - Stay away from the vending machine today.
    - Begin evaluation of 1st quarter data for Global Lab Unification project
    - Sort out responsibilities for Global LOD's
    - Begin writing a method for new testing
    - Leave at lunch to talk to the contractor about schedule and materials for stairs
    - Lunch under 300cal
    - leave work by 5:00 (if I sneak out at 4:00 I can get a walk in)
    - Pick up dogs.
    - Drop off kid at play practice. They find out what parts they got today. I'm excited for her and a little nervous she'll be disappointed.
    - Chicken tacos for dinner
    - No dessert! I have a weigh in Thursday I gotta be good. If I gain I have to pay into the pot.
    - Laundry
    - Bed by 10:00. 4:00AM comes awfully early when I get to bed late.
  • samanthaweaver1230
    Options
    Hey all! New here.. so yesterday started off so well. Then I went to the store with my oldest and we got donuts 🤦🏻‍♀️

Today is a new day though! Coffee w/ sugar free creamer and a chobani flip for breakfast. Lunch will be a low carb tortilla w/ turkey, pepperoni, provolone and a little bit of creamy Italian dressing. I’ll have a pickle on the side. Not sure about dinner yet. Some form of chicken and veggies I’m sure.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,811 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday February 25 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😒 2 but I had calories for it
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal -
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Tuesday February 26 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I have a busy day planned. I am going to go help a friend start packing up her house and decluttering to put on the market. I don’t 100% agree on her life choices right now but she knows my feelings and I’ve told her I would support her. I’m not really looking forward to the day.

My weight is up again. I think it is linked to constipation that I am frequently getting. I had talked to my doctor about it and she recommended some medications that would help. I have been hoping it would fix itself but it’s not so I will buy some of her recommendations today.

Like everyone else, I am getting very tired of Winter. This has been the longest cold spell in Edmonton since Jan 1998. I saw a report last night that it was the coldest in Calgary since 1979. I also saw a weather prediction that it will warm up a bit in The last two weeks of March, but then we will have a ferocious Spring going into late May. I am going to look up the swimming schedule and see if I can go get some swimming in during the day.

Well I should get off and go get dressed to head out into the cold.

Have a great day
    Tracey
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,811 Member
    Options
    Faebert- I hope your daughter feels better today and that the tiff with your Mom was very minor.

Clicketykeys - Dreams that are so real tend to stick around for hours. I have been having vivid dreams almost daily since Christmas. I feel I should buy a book to interpret them. Hope your soak was nice and relaxing.

Hegoddard0928 - exciting about your Godmother’s opportunity, is this going to be happening soon for you? Yay for clean dishes!!!! How do you read on a treadmill, I get so dizzy on them as it is!

Bex953172 - Good luck on the no carb day. Isn’t today Casey’s birthday?

Nlmackey98 - Great advice for 13ecca4, I was going to say the same thing!

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Been MIA for a bit. DH decided to splurge on a ski trip for us. We stayed with a friend on Saturday, skiied Sunday and stayed overnight and returned home yesterday. It was a 6 hour drive home from Maine to Mass! DH made some comment about me "not lasting all day on the slopes" so I basically tortured him and stayed out til last chair in brutal weather just because I didnt appreciate being underestimated. Then I remembered that was one of my big goals for the year, to kill it on my snowboard! AND I DID! Things have been a little strained lately it seems relationship wise. Everything is kind of catching up to us, buying a new home, work changes, the unknown of life. But the trip was really nice and we both managed to relax a bit. Need to work on making more positive and intimate connections every day though, sometimes its just hard, like anything else I suppose, just gotta put the effort in. We lost power when we got home yesterday, and had to get up every 2 hours to stoke the wood stove - thank goodness we have the stove, the house stayed around 58 and no damage when the power came back on around 4am. But I am exhausted! So keeping it very simple.

JFT
    1. Be kind
    2. One water before leaving work
    3. Leave work 3ish
    4. Cook dinner at home
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,106 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968
    Yes it is Caseys birthday, i just forgot to post it this morning!

Haha i forgot when i posted that i had already had 2 oat biscuits and some flap jack, so fro, that point on ive been carb free.
    Its been hard, ash just asked me to make him a sandwhich and i was sniffing the bread like some sort of addict!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 26 February

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Walk before work :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,106 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 26 February

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Walk before work :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)

Yay a full day of smiles!
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Use a positive thought process and log my food.