JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Had a really good day again!

@AJB1014 Yay snowboarding! And I've heard that marriage (or long term relationships) take A LOT of work. I know that mine does. But I've also never be more fulfilled in my life. I'm glad that you guys got to get away for a few days!

@Bex953172 HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASEY!!! She looked plum tuckered out! How sweet! Good job cutting off the carbs early and surviving the temperation of the sandwich!

@Snowflake1968 Do you enjoy decluttering other people's houses? I have a friend who gets really overwhelmed looking at messy and cluttered tables. So I usually go over once a week and help her out and visit with her. Am I strange? Lol. I hope you enjoyed your time with her.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Monday:
    Well, it snowed this morning and it is still snowing, so I am just now posting from work at lunchtime. I am guessing that going to the pool tonight is not going to be safe, so:
    1. weigh :)
    2. get in steps at work and take a short walk in the snow after work :)
    3. 8C liquid :)
    4. one salad :)
    5. no social eating/snacks at work :)
    [/quote]

Late goal-setting today!

Tuesday:
    1. weigh
    2. walk on work breaks
    3. swim a mile
    4. 8C liquid
    5. one salad
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,811 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 - woohoo for proving him wrong. Yes relationships can be hard and take work just like everyone else.

@Bex953172 - happy Birthday Casey. She is my 6th person to wish a happy Birthday to today! My Godson was the first baby I fell in love with born this day 33 years ago.

@hehoddard0928 - I do enjoy helping people decluttering, maybe I should hire myself out for that.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,353 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Been MIA for a bit. DH decided to splurge on a ski trip for us. We stayed with a friend on Saturday, skiied Sunday and stayed overnight and returned home yesterday. It was a 6 hour drive home from Maine to Mass! DH made some comment about me "not lasting all day on the slopes" so I basically tortured him and stayed out til last chair in brutal weather just because I didnt appreciate being underestimated. Then I remembered that was one of my big goals for the year, to kill it on my snowboard! AND I DID! Things have been a little strained lately it seems relationship wise. Everything is kind of catching up to us, buying a new home, work changes, the unknown of life. But the trip was really nice and we both managed to relax a bit. Need to work on making more positive and intimate connections every day though, sometimes its just hard, like anything else I suppose, just gotta put the effort in. We lost power when we got home yesterday, and had to get up every 2 hours to stoke the wood stove - thank goodness we have the stove, the house stayed around 58 and no damage when the power came back on around 4am. But I am exhausted! So keeping it very simple.

JFT
    1. Be kind
    2. One water before leaving work
    3. Leave work 3ish
    4. Cook dinner at home

I could swear I remember you saying you wanted to do this! GOOD FOR YOU! I'm so excited for you! Nothing like our men saying something derogatory to give us the kick in the butt to show what we're made of, right? :wink:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,353 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CASEY!!!!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3

Love,
    Auntie Tracie
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Longest day ever...
  • ghsimon1
    ghsimon1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Pass two days not so good. Working 12 hours shifts and it’s hard to stick with the plan. Today was better I did not eat out my range. Still did not work out. Tomorrow is my 7th 12 hour shift and I’m off. I hope to work out for 30 minutes and stay in my calorie range.
    Good Night all
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY little Casey!!!!!! I cannot believe you are one year old already!!!

I hope your mommy and daddy gave you a fun fun day!!!!! <3
    Aunt Joan

xzxotul8873p.gif
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFT, tue
    1. make my smoothie ... and that is it tonite :)
    2. concentrate on drinking water!!!!! :/
    3. brush/floss my teeth after my smoothie ... no more food :)
    4. take my daughter to Michaels craft store tonite. :) AND went and bought her some new clothes and makeup. (Had to buy me some more workout shirts also!)
    5. think positive thoughts :)

Our daughter had her doctors appt, so that was good. The doctor increased the meds a little, and told our daughter that at least 2 nites a week she wants her to stay with us ... just so we could watch her incase the meds need increasing again. But ... at least our daughter has opened up quite a bit with not only us but the doctor, so I am trying to think positive thoughts.

Saturday will be my first official weigh-in with weight watcher ... and I am not down at all. But ... I am trying to be positive. I know I am eating better, but I am probably still eating way too much. I am trying to log calories also, but I really don't like the point system... and I know a couple days I was over 1500 calories. Yes, apples, oranges, hard boiled eggs still have calories ... even though WW considered these "free" foods. I guess they call them "free" because according to them, no one got overweight eating fruits and healthy foods.

My goals tomorrow again ... simple
    1. get to the gym.
    2. log all food
    3. mindful eating
    4. concentrate on drinking more water. I don't know why this is still so hard for me to do!
    5. going to quilt meeting tomorrow evening ... no snacking

• mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Today is a NO carb day!

Now how did you do that!! Didn't you at least have some birthday cake for Casey LOL!!!! But ... good job!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Someone partied too hard LOL

l9xc8z939bon.jpg

Aw --- Love this little girl! A baby Bex!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    Longest day ever...

I hope your days goes better . Hugs <3
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Casey! I can’t remember when I first joined this group but I do remember @Bex953172 was pregnant so this really shows how fast time flies! Congratulations on your beautiful girl’s birthday.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Had a good day with goals yesterday, but to be honest I’m not feeling great. It’s a bit of a shock to the system being back to exercising in the dark to get it done before work! This morning I’m up but just not feeling it. Planned to go for a long run and I know I will feel great if I just do it. Hamstrings are a bit tight and sore though so slightly dreading the first 15 minutes or so until I’m warm and in my stride. Must just keep remembering the joy of the end of it!!

Tuesday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Pack water bottle - use it! ✅
    - Home lunchtime? Run? ✅ yes, short run but ok pace and all uphill! 😅
    - Cancel hot yoga if P still sick✅
    - Eat proper meals, not just snacks✅
    - Early night (non negotiable) ✅

Wednesday goals:
    - morning run
    - Prep morning sessions for cover teacher
    - Morning planning session: sort reply to J, some work on digital resilience programme and confirm party arrangement for P
    - Online grocery shopping?
    - Put away laundry
    - Bed by 9:30.

Have a good day everyone x
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    A pretty successful day yesterday! Now to have another.

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - 3+ bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile: I thought about grabbing some ham out of the fridge whilst cooking but resisted
    - Savour every bite :neutral: Ate dinner too quickly, though showed process as at least remembered I was supposed to eat slower and attempted to do so for 2 bites (before giving up and eating at normal speed). It's tricky at dinner as I'm always hungry, having not eaten for around 7 hours or more
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :neutral: I did after lunch, but not the others. Might give this one up soon, not sure how much difference it makes anyway
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :neutral: Not sure this came up
    - Give myself credit! :neutral: Not until writing this! I have to say this checking in is good for giving myself credit

- 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Stay positive :smile:
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast :smile:
    - Leave work at 6.30pm :smiley: I left at 6!! Was shattered and I knew I was not going to do anything productive if I stayed anyway. I think this was good progress
    - Finish finances :smile: Yes, and results were not good.... I have been overspending and need to stop doing so! I need to get around to doing a budget, the budget I use is totally useless as it's kind of based on my lifestyle before I lived with my boyfriend, so is totally unrealistic and doesn't really tell me how much I can actually spend
    - Tidy/clean something :smile: I finally got around to cleaning the Christmas tree stand which had been sitting on the side for about a month! Now the side is nearly clear
    - Read about journaling :smile:
    - Look up knee strengthening exercises :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Run to work

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: 120 in the green

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 27 February

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Walk before work
    January challenge
    February challenge
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Meditate when I get home👍
    4. Gym👍
    5. No chips👍

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Workout at home
    4. Meditate
    5. At meeting yoi know is going to be frustrating, don’t let know it all men boss you around. Keep your cool.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00. Warm car.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Check WLGs. Update on board. Print rubrics for analyses.
    3. Class 1-2: PRINT WORK IN LAB. Present analysis. MARK AND ENTER. Class 2 choose sonnets. HW: Polaroids / compounds. (Review compounds)
    4. Planning: A - Take magazines to collage supplies. Read articles. Draft literary review. Call gastro AGAIN. B - MEETING. Grade classwork? C - Enter grades? D - Blog post - poetry lesson. Write sub plans for Fri/Mon and PRINT. Print intro/conclusion graphic organizer for 4th.
    5. Class 4: Grammar - compound sentences. Chromebooks - Intro/conclusion work.
    6. Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Library - pick up books. Park run. Aim for 3.5 miles. Lang8 post. Read 6 pages of Capital.
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads THURSDAY.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00. Warm car. Pack tea!
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Print simple sentences worksheet.
    3. Class 1-2: Select groups for poetry project. Simple sentences worksheet. Winter Sundays, Love Is Not All. Fill out graphic organizer for sonnet. Create Works Cited for sonnets. Homework: Creativity. NOTE - if they can finish the graphic organizer AND have correctly-formatted Works Cited entries, no homework tonight, Thurs, or Mon.
    4. Planning: A - FINISH LITERARY REVIEW. B - Grade classwork. C - Enter grades. D - Blog post - poetry lesson. Finalize sub plans for Fri/Mon and PRINT. Have C. check them to make sure they make sense.
    5. Class 4: Grammar - compound sentences. Chromebooks - Fill out research organizers. If EVERYONE can finish their graphic organizer by 3:00, we'll do tonight's homework early and there will be no HW Thurs OR Mon!
    6. Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Park run - aim for 3.25 miles. Read 10 pages of Capital.
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday. Comment on 2 blog posts. SUBMIT LITERARY REVIEW.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Thu lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Update Goodreads THURSDAY.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 189.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

So the last couple of days have been busy because the students have been working really hard (which means *I* have to work harder to keep up!) and there have been meetings taking up plan time and assemblies requiring me to adjust lessons. Overall good, though; the meetings have actually been useful and haven't taken long. It's stuff that might have been hard to follow if they'd sent directions in an email instead. So for once, I'm glad we had the meetings!

And it's also busy because we're making plans and packing for OUR VERY FIRST CRUISE! We leave home tomorrow after school and our ship leaves Friday noonish. It's just over the weekend, but I'm excited. Mostly. Right now I'm feeling a little heart-wrenched because one of our cats is being especially cuddly as I type this. He's curled up next to me, purring REALLY loud, and looking up at me with big eyes like "why you clicky that thing? U SHOULD PET DA KITTEH!" Awwwwh. I feel bad about leaving them behind, even if it's only for a few days. Oh well. We'll have someone come check on them, and it'll be fine.

@AJB1014 - WAY TO GO on that snowboard! You kill it, you awesomesauce you!
    @mytime6630 - Sounds like good news with your daughter. Logging is where it's at. I'm crap at it too ;) but it does work!
    @Snowflake1968 - Hehehe... did your mom tell you whether those molasses cookies were as good as the ones she used to make? We had them every now and again and I can eat them just about endlessly. Starbucks had some great ones, YEARS ago, and when they quit selling them I quit going there because that was the only thing I was willing to pay their ridiculously inflated prices for ;D
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Yesterday went pretty well except that I was over my calories by about 60 (I usually consider it a win if I'm within the 20 range lol) but it was because of a big bowl of fruit so not the worst thing in the world. I'll try and offset this over the next couple of days.

Yesterday 2/26:

1. Stay within calorie goal 😞
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    3. Leave work by 5:15😁
    4. Workout after work😁
    5. Don't let stress get the better of me😁

JFT 2/27:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch - weather permitting (might be raining today)
    3. Leave work by 5:15
    4. Cook dinner
    5. Put away laundry