JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    tuddy315 wrote: »

For whoever started this thread, I say "thank you". Seeing my daily goals on paper has made me more accountable and has paid off this week. I have lost 5.2 lbs this week!!! I love seeing what everyone else is doing daily.

Great job!!!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    There is no way to measure the joy a pet gives. ...... and dog (tater).

Love the name of your dog!!!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    It's worse. Both of the loaves were a white/wheat/rye mix for the dough. One was a seed bread with pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, and chia seeds. The other had dried fruit - apricots, sultanas, raisins, and dates. The fruit one pairs SO WELL with the fresh ricotta.

We had a friend over for the weekend so I sent half of the fruit bread home with her. Unfortunately, her husband has Crohn's, so we HAD to eat the seed loaf ;D

Up early for my morning run; let's see if I can manage a mile and a half. Goal was 4 yesterday afternoon, but the forecast lied, and I headed home early when I saw lightning in the approaching clouds. Still got drenched, but at least I didn't get electrocuted!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Gym👍
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. Meditate 👍

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Workout at home
    4. One healthy post dinner snack
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 I am not a mum, so I don't think I know better, on the contrary, I admire all mums how they manage to do things when I can't deal not even with my own sh**.
    Having said that, have you considered adding some responsibilities to kids, appropriate to their age?
    Like putting their toys in the box, making their bed, tidying up their rooms/corners etc.
    Sometimes we think it's cruel, but I think it's actually good for them. While I myself have grown without any obligations, I always admired my little nephews on their skills because my sister never took any responsibility on herself that they could do.

Regarding husband, I agree, family dinner is not your mess unless that's how you shared responsibilities.
    But even if you shared it like that, it doesn't mean that you shouldn't re-discuss it or change it - like increasing his time in household jobs and yours in your job.
    But that can be hard sometimes. In many ways, marriage is based on constant negotiation and diplomacy. I think you have the biggest chance of understanding if you open that subject with a calm and friendly tone.
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My goals for today (I'll start small):

- take a walk
    - implement new status and new comment screen on the app I've been working
    - make 20 squats
    - shower and dress up
    - eat light, veggie-based dinner and nothing after it
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    I'm probably not the one to ask for advice on that, Bex. IMO your OH needs to get over himself. Raising children is a full-time job PLUS SOME. Housekeeping is a full-time job PLUS SOME. If your OH expects you to clean the house and do all the laundry and cook the meals and take care of the kids his expectations are unreasonable.

You managed your emotions better than I think I would have.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Checkin in from Monday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Coffee! Log 1 item. Warm car. Update JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: find and print stretching exercises. Update class websites. Print unit plan for 1-2.
    3. Class 1-2: Review body paragraph structure. Graphic organizers for those who want them.
    4. Planning: A - Revise & print 4th unit plan. Call dentist - April 11 or 18? Call library - guests for silk painting? B - Grade late work and homework. C - Input grades. D - Update lesson plans. Poetry for 4th.
    5. Class 4: Song Analysis project - Chromebooks.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Y after school for strength and Zumba. Send D for groceries.
    8. Therapy exercises. Prep Tue lunch. Chop celery. Pack lunch bag. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Update Goodreads Friday. Tuesday - French meeting, writing meeting. Department meeting after school.

JFT Tuesday
    1. AM run: 1.5 miles (9 laps). Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. find and print stretching exercises. Print sample essay for class 1-2.
    3. Class 1-2: Introduction and conclusion notes. Return worksheet from yesterday. Essay work. No checks.
    4. Planning: A - Grade 10 projects. B - Grade 10 projects. C - Input grades. D - Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Grade 10 projects. Print ballads.
    5. Class 4: SUB. Poetry project continued. Read ballads?
    6. Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Meeting after school. Bodypump 5:30. Lang8 post. Read 6 pages of Capital. Read 10 pages of Ivanhoe. Weigh and prep celery. Pack lunch.
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday. French meeting? Writing group?
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 188.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. I love teaching, but I'm frustrated with how much my job creeps in and takes over other parts of my life. It's difficult to do anything else, because even when I'm cleaning or meditating or relaxing, it hovers in the corners, reminding me that I have parents I need to try calling again, student work that's waiting to be graded, lessons to revise, posters to hang, extra worksheets to put away...
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I don't have a lot of time as I've been stalling getting ready today. I'm back to work today then off one more day tomorrow. I went over my calories again yesterday by more than 600 so I'm kind of disappointed, but today is a new day and I need to just get back to it.

Yesterday 3/25:

1. Stay within calorie goal😞
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps😁
    3. Do workout😁
    4. Relax😁

JFT 3/26:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Finish work at 5:15
    4. Be positive
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    daneejela wrote: »
    @Bex953172 I am not a mum, so I don't think I know better, on the contrary, I admire all mums how they manage to do things when I can't deal not even with my own sh**.
    Having said that, have you considered adding some responsibilities to kids, appropriate to their age?
    Like putting their toys in the box, making their bed, tidying up their rooms/corners etc.
    Sometimes we think it's cruel, but I think it's actually good for them. While I myself have grown without any obligations, I always admired my little nephews on their skills because my sister never took any responsibility on herself that they could do.

Regarding husband, I agree, family dinner is not your mess unless that's how you shared responsibilities.
    But even if you shared it like that, it doesn't mean that you shouldn't re-discuss it or change it - like increasing his time in household jobs and yours in your job.
    But that can be hard sometimes. In many ways, marriage is based on constant negotiation and diplomacy. I think you have the biggest chance of understanding if you open that subject with a calm and friendly tone.

@daneejela
    Good response to Bex...

• maryrobinson40
    Options
    Good morning all! I don't have a lot of time as I've been stalling getting ready today. I'm back to work today then off one more day tomorrow. I went over my calories again yesterday by more than 600 so I'm kind of disappointed, but today is a new day and I need to just get back to it.

Yesterday 3/25:

1. Stay within calorie goal😞
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps😁
    3. Do workout😁
    4. Relax😁

JFT 3/26:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Finish work at 5:15
    4. Be positive

Gooood Morning @aubyshortcake
    You're doing a great job!👌 👏👏👏
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    5n4y5jooi9rq.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    abo0j7rnps7i.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    I have a 9a.m. appointment this morning for my swollen chin and knot on my face.
    I'll update you when I return.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    I'm probably not the one to ask for advice on that, Bex. IMO your OH needs to get over himself. Raising children is a full-time job PLUS SOME. Housekeeping is a full-time job PLUS SOME. If your OH expects you to clean the house and do all the laundry and cook the meals and take care of the kids his expectations are unreasonable.

You managed your emotions better than I think I would have.
    I'm in agreement with your response. Had to chuckle a little. and agreed with aubyshortcake's response as well. You
    Ladies Rock!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,093 Member
    Options
    daneejela wrote: »

Okay well from Marley (2 year old) i get a simple No. Shes doesnt even look at me or protest, just a simple No. And she just has to pick things up. However she is starting to listen a bit a d will occasionally pick stuff up, like normally whdn she has a yogurt, she will throw the pot and spoon on the floor? But if i tell her straight away, no sink and bin, she will pick thdm up and just put them both in the sink lol ill take that!
    But when she says no the eldest 5 starts moaning, no, whining "but Marleys not going to help me!"
    Or if i say "marley can you pick up the remote" if she goes to do it, Saskias will jump in and try do the dxact thing shes doing (even though i specifically asked Marley) and then a fight breaks out, then the tears start thrn jm wasting my time reasoning with them both.

Saskia does occassionally dry the pots for me whilst i wash, and she had a high bunk bed at the old house that we couldnt even make up but now shes in a normal bed, so i just have to show her, but on weekdays she spendx that much time just mucking about its a rush to school despite getting up early enough, she should have enough time for bed making and 15 mins of telly but that never happens.

Haha just writing this makes me see how ridiculous it is!

I dont think im very good at teaching them discipline 😂
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    GAAAHHH MFP is seriously annoying me this last like week. I had this whole long post about my new job written out and it just booted me back to the community page! GAAHHH

Okay, so to summarize.

I got a job. I am now a Substitute Paraprofessional. I work hands on with high spectrum special needs students who are in mainstream classes. Pretty much I shadow them as they ago to their classes and help them as needed. I also act as an aide to help the teachers of the classes that my student is in.

There are a lot of perks but I think my favorite one is that I can put money aside from every paycheck through deductions that will act as paychecks during the summer months so that I can take the summers off.

I have a whole list of things that I need to do before I can start working though. One of those things is getting fingerprinted which apparently is this big to do. I already filled out all the paperwork and paid the rather large fee but my appoitment isn't until next Tuesday and then it takes about 2 weeks for the background check to be completed. So I have at least 3 weeks before I can start.

But I have a whole bunch of places that I need to run today so I may as well get started.

JFT, 3-25-19

1. Log all food!
    2. Ignore the chocolate!
    3. Call Dr office re TB test
    4. Go to OCC re transcripts/degree
    5. Start on training
    6. Get Matt to take picture
    7. Upload documents re Dicks
    8. Barnes & Noble
    9. Mail package
    10. Walmart
    11. Figure out dinner
    12. QT time with Matt
    13. Bed at a reasonable hour.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 - Good luck! My husband is a one-on-one parapro. It's definitely challenging, but also rewarding.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,508 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Recap M 3/25 ~ Rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 8,977 steps, 250+ 13/14 and 34 floors :smile:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water = I don't know why I posted net cals zero, that rarely happens on my rest days... then after supper, I had a snack attack due to tiredness (me too @Faebert) and ate dry roasted peanuts straight from the jar! >:) Logged my guess, probably low, but net cals -1,121 >:) ACK, sodium -1,375 >:) whoopsie, sugar -30 :# . At least fiber & protein excellent & 15c water ~ yippee?
    3) Search & update weekly JFT w/i = :)
    4) Remember to take projector & box for AO to pick up in evening :smile: / make chicken salad for hubby :smiley: / wash dishes :smiley: / declutter family room = started :)@PackerFanInGB @Elbee1 I am a crazy lady magazine & newspaper hoarder ~ hubby would be so happy if I just stopped them all!
    5) Unplug 9:00 :) / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :D it helps that the receiver in our bedroom is malfunctioning

JFT T 3/26
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / NO snacks after supper / 14c water
    3) Walk dog after work
    4) Evening: put away clean dishes / fold hubby's work shirts & take upstairs (he washes his own but does not put line drying away ~ his philosophy is why, when he's going to wear them this week one day at a time ~ I pick my battles & this is not worth it) / boil eggs / continue to declutter family room
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:15

@Bex953172 I grew up with four younger siblings, and we always were made to do "chores," even at a young age. Things like picking up, making our beds, washing dishes on "our" night, etc. I don't ever remember when I didn't do chores. I think it's good for kids to have some responsibility. I agree with @clicketykeys @daneejela totally.

@daneejela Welcome! I love your avatar and Agnes ~ she's my favorite!

@bookmeister86 I think a celebratory beverage is called for upon good news occasionally! You know that pay raise is not going to happen every day.