Options

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Drink 2 waters before noon, another 3 after. >:)
    3. Pick up Sambucol at Walmart on way home :)
    4. Cook dinner at home :)
    5. Be positive and kind :)
    6. Leave for chem training by 11:40 :)
    7. Empty dishwasher :)
    8. Wipe down counter tops :)
    9. Load of laundry :)
    10. Put away clothes on dresser :)
    11. Update this list later. :)
    12. Bed by 9:30. >:)
    13. Pick out clothes :)
    14. Move laundry to dryer :)

JFT Tues
    1. Up by 555 :)
    2. Smoothie :)
    3. Fish oil :)
    4. Elderberry :)
    5. Zinc :)
    6. Pack lunch - Thai salad :)

JFT Tues
    1. Log all food
    2. Water!
    3. Wash water bottle
    4. Eat packed lunch
    5. Cook dinner at home - salmon cakes
    6. Empty dishwasher
    7. Load of laundry
    8. Shower, dry hair
    9. Update this list later
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Thank you @maryrobinson40 you are too!

@HEGoddard0928 congrats on the new job!
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,348 Member
    Options
    tuddy315 wrote: »

For whoever started this thread, I say "thank you". Seeing my daily goals on paper has made me more accountable and has paid off this week. I have lost 5.2 lbs this week!!! I love seeing what everyone else is doing daily.

JFT 3/25/19

Log everything o:)
    Drink 8 waters o:)
    Clean out work bus o:)
    Walk 1/2 hr on treadmill :'( having so much trouble getting this done
    Iron his jeans (he's funny about that) o:)

JFT 3/26/19

This is my long day at work. Won't get home till 9:00pm probably.....started at 6:30am
    Log everything
    Drink 8 waters
    Get work orders filled and ready for delivery tomorrow
    Get to bed by 9:30
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    Awhhh sorry @snowflake1968 it must be hard after all you had to do to prove yourself!

Its their loss!! You would have been a great asset!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Recap M 3/25 ~ Rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 8,977 steps, 250+ 13/14 and 34 floors :smile:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water = I don't know why I posted net cals zero, that rarely happens on my rest days... then after supper, I had a snack attack due to tiredness (me too @Faebert) and ate dry roasted peanuts straight from the jar! >:) Logged my guess, probably low, but net cals -1,121 >:) ACK, sodium -1,375 >:) whoopsie, sugar -30 :# . At least fiber & protein excellent & 15c water ~ yippee?
    3) Search & update weekly JFT w/i = :)
    4) Remember to take projector & box for AO to pick up in evening :smile: / make chicken salad for hubby :smiley: / wash dishes :smiley: / declutter family room = started :)@PackerFanInGB @Elbee1 I am a crazy lady magazine & newspaper hoarder ~ hubby would be so happy if I just stopped them all!
    5) Unplug 9:00 :) / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :D it helps that the receiver in our bedroom is malfunctioning

JFT T 3/26
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / NO snacks after supper / 14c water
    3) Walk dog after work
    4) Evening: put away clean dishes / fold hubby's work shirts & take upstairs (he washes his own but does not put line drying away ~ his philosophy is why, when he's going to wear them this week one day at a time ~ I pick my battles & this is not worth it) / boil eggs / continue to declutter family room
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:15

@Bex953172 I grew up with four younger siblings, and we always were made to do "chores," even at a young age. Things like picking up, making our beds, washing dishes on "our" night, etc. I don't ever remember when I didn't do chores. I think it's good for kids to have some responsibility. I agree with @clicketykeys @daneejela totally.

@daneejela Welcome! I love your avatar and Agnes ~ she's my favorite!

@bookmeister86 I think a celebratory beverage is called for upon good news occasionally! You know that pay raise is not going to happen every day.

Ahhhh i didnt think of set days for chores!

I cant recall my parents having set chores when i was young, or if they did they didnt enforce it very much, i think when i was a bit older i got extra pocket money for extra chores like 50p for 1 load of washing, a quid for polishing and hoovering and a 5 quid for washing the car, things like that.

They always gave me choices, which i think is where they went wrong because from 15 years old til about 20 my bedroom floor got referred to as the "floor-drobe" i certainly had no discipline when it came to cleaning
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928
    YIPPIEEEEE! Congratulations on the new job!!! YESSSSSS 👏👏👏👏😀🙌 I'm totally elated. Wow! You Go Girlfriend!!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Hoping to stay well and not have any distractions this week!

Monday:
    1. weight in :)
    2. drink >8C liquids :)
    3. 10,000 steps :)
    4. go to the darn gym :( bad Violeta!
    5. cardio/weight workout :(

I am having a hard time re-building the every-day exercise habit. On the plus side, I hit a major milestone at work today, and successfully completed Really Hard Thing which I have been training to do for nearly 6 months. The problem now is that I have to do Really Hard Thing every day. Anyhow, that feels like a bit of a motivation boost...maybe I will actually make it to the gym today!

Tuesday:
    1. weight in
    2. drink >8C liquids
    3. 10,000 steps
    4. go to the darn gym
    5. cardio/weight workout
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Sister... It's their loss and the way I see it, THERE'S A BETTER DOOR WAITING FOR
    YOU TO WALK THROUGH. One that fits you and won't end up feeling like a burden.
    Just like making that quality decision towards better health, you made a quality decision to go after
    this job... I want you to take out a pen and paper and rehash who you are as a person, what you really
    want, and consider if you could possibly start your own business and be your own boss. Maybe give it a test
    run just to see if you get any bites. But my darling sister, you're an awesome woman. Give yourself a fresh
    breath and don't doubt yourself based on one no. What if the Wright Brothers gave in to the "Nos"
    One no, leads to more chances for yes! Woman! You've got what it takes! Chin up! Head up! Eyes on
    The Better. 😀 👌 👏👏👏👏
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Good Evening... Update on me... Lymph node swollen and an infection is going on...
    I'm on antibiotics, and a follow up in a week. Doc says if this thing doesn't pop /ooze on it's own,
    then it will need to be lanced.
    OHHHHH YEAHHHHH! BRING IT ON! I'm digging in. Not stopping.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,763 Member
    Options
    Clicketykeys - I think you’ll get your marking done and be able to relax next week. Homemade bread sounds delicious. I have never had homemade cheese but it sounds wonderful.

PackerfaninGB - I’m glad you are keeping Maddie. I think she’s a wonderful addition to your health goals.

Mytime6630 - look at all of those smiles! You are doing it!

Zizzybumble - you own a B&B? I’ve always thought that would be a great thing to own. I would have to hire a cook though lol

Bookmeister86 - congrats to the BF.

Elbee1 - do you have to get up in the morning for a job? How do you ever survive through the day? I too love your dogs name.

Bex953172 - oh Bex, I don’t know how to fix your OH, I struggled with the same thing for years. I did and do all the cooking, cleaning, laundry. I did make my girls clean up starting at young ages. Consistency is key to getting the girls involved. One thing my husband did do was back me 100% with the girls. If they weren’t helping or causing more mess he stepped in and they towed the line. One thing I’m doing with Michaela right now because our place is tiny is she can’t start playing with something else until the other thing is put away.
    As for Marley saying no, take her by the hand and force her to do it if she still refuses, time out. I remember literally holding children in place in their time out. 1 minute per age. Time doesn’t start until they are quiet. It’s not easy to first institute it, but within a couple of weeks they’ll know when you say “do you want a time out” you’ll get one if I get to 3. Then 1-2-3, I always dragged the 1-2-3 out and after a month or so very rarely got to 3. It’s funny my girls were talking about this a couple weeks ago and they told me that they knew I meant business if I ever go to 3 and they were scared of the consequences.
    I never had chores growing up and wasn’t made to do anything. When I grew up I didn’t know how to do anything. I could only make kraft dinner and French fries. I wanted my girls to not struggle the way I did so I made them learn. The only argument my Father and I ever had after I became an adult was that I expected too much from my “babies”. My girls are very capable of doing anything that needs doing, Kaitlyn is quite the homemaker. Lauryn hates every bit of it, but is capable and does it.

HEGoddard0928 - congratulations! I did that job for 6 months is a past life. The NB government used those positions to help people that were struggling to find jobs to get enough hours to get EI. It was a revolving door and you could only work 6 months at a time, but I loved it! My special student actually came to my Dad’s funeral to see me, almost 20 years later and he remembered me.

Maryrobinson40- thank you so much, I am not letting this get me down. I just figure God has a plan and I just need to be patient for him to show me the way. My only concern is money. We just aren’t going to have enough for everything coming up.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 I am so sorry the job did not work out for you

@maryrobinson40 hope your aswelling is sorted soon

@bex953172 hugs for you, it sounds as if you do an amazing job juggling your responsibilities.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Tuesday 26 March

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :) very slow start to the day but got there in the afternoon
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :)

Our B&B guest will be joining us for an evening meal - I need to think of a suitable dessert to follow salmon :) Fresh fruit salad and petticoat tails.

• Bex953172
    Options
    So i had a word eith Ash and he put it like this.. "when i ask if you could help tidy the bedroom, what do you have to do?" So j was like i dunno, straighten the bed a bit, pick up a couple of pieces of rubbish and maybe hoover and polish if it needs it?"

And he said right so not much?
    But when i come downstairs to help, i would have to get rid of ALL the rubbish youve left out, scrape the pots, go to load the dishwasher to find i have to empty it first, so i need to put them away and then load the dishwasher, ghen move all the clutter to even get to the sides to wipe them and tgen handwash the rest of the pots because the dishwashers overfilled onto an already full draining board because you havent put them away from earlier. Then clean all the floors after ive moved that clutter.

He said theres a big difference in the amount of mess we each leave, he said hes nore than happy to help me every night but not if ive not kept on top of it.
    He said i dont have to come in the bedroom and start picking up his dirty pants and cleaning up his sides and put his clothes away and change the bedding and then go to the bathroom and find dirty towels strewn across the floor and soap bottles everywhere. Etc.

I see his point.

He said im right about the girls, thats OUR mess if it ends up with us having to clean it. And if the girls are distracting me constantly then put them in their room so you can quickly clean it, he said he wouldnt mind helping after dinner wiping the sides and table and taking tbe rubbish out whilst i do the pots or whatever but because i dont clean as i go its hard to do it all, theres just too much. Which hes right there is, he said he just wants me to learn myself how to properly clean up throughout the day rather than feeling like hes cleaning up after a teenager.

He did admit that after dinner he should be responsible for atleast his own pots and sort them out

Oh and someone must have replaced my kids with exact clones today because when we got back from school they helped Daddy unload the car of shopping, helped me put it away and then emptied the dishwasher for me! Without fighting!!

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @snowflake1968. We bought a house on the Isle of Skye in August 2017 as we intend to retire there. We still have a house in the south of England so we offer B &B on Skye to offset the costs of owning 2 homes. At the moment, I have work and have family responsibilities in the south so last year my husband was up on Skye for the summer doing the B&B. I am up on Skye for the week but have to go back south for April. Our cat is now on Skye and I will miss him when I go south! I will be back on Skye at the end of April. We don't normally offer evening meals but it's early in the season and we only have one guest so have invited her to join us for the evening meal.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the job, but I truly believe that just means there is a much better fit out there for you!

@maryrobinson40 I hope your swelling goes down soon!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday March 25 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    Plank Challenge - 👿
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 0/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Tuesday March 26 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I kept busy for about 5 hours straight yesterday. I washed all of my crystal and everything in my china cabinet. Ended up rearranging pictures on the wall which is continuing today. I noticed something on the wall that needed washed off, when I washed it I realized that that I then needs to wash all the walls. So today that is continuing. I guess I’m Spring cleaning.

I received an email today that I didn’t get the job. The recruiter has agreed to keep me in mind if any other opportunities open up that I would be suited for.

Im disappointed, but I can only think that it wasn’t meant to be.

I’ll check in and read all the posts later, I am in the middle of cleaning and just taking a break while my floor dries.

I'm really sorry to hear you didn't get it, was really crossing everything for you!

I agree with others that it is their loss. You would have been awesome!

But also, I agree with you. If it was meant to be, it would have happened.

Can you get feedback from them to help you improve for next time? I always try to get this, it isn't always super comfortable but improves your chances for bigger and better things!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,763 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 - I saw this and thought of you and @PackerFanInGB
    g1x3mjnat78v.jpeg
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Oh, Bex, OH NO. Where does he think all that mess came from? Like... does he think it's just from you making treats to eat while you watch television? He's complaining because THERE'S A LOT TO DO? Well jeez, maybe he should help out more often WITHOUT being asked instead of just leaving ALL OF THAT to you unless you ask for help. Grrr...

Did you know that you can set out paper towels, get out bread slices, put sliced ham and cheese on them, and voilà! There's dinner. AND NO DISHES TO CLEAN UP :) Just eat off the paper towels. Plus then you don't even have to wipe up the crumbs.

I guess what I'm wondering is - whose expectation is it that you have meals that create so many dirty dishes? If he's okay with having something simpler, then maybe you're pushing yourself harder than you need to.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 - *hugs* I'm so sorry :( It's hard to hear 'no' to something you wanted. I know! But there WILL be other opportunities. You are skilled and hard-working. You will be an asset somewhere - it's just a matter of finding the right fit. <3