6. Food shopping for the bank holiday weekend :smile:

:wink:

JFT 05/05/19 Sunday

1. I’ll come back here in the evening
    2. Log everything and be under calorie goal
    3. Take at least 5500 steps
    4. Make time to be mindful for me
    5. Going for a walk at the beach first thing
    6. Help elderly MIL (has dementia) with sorting & packing clothes for a little holiday she’s having

Have a nice Saturday night whatever you’re doing. And happy Sunday too 😃
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member

Just for Friday - TENACITY
    1. Journal every bite :)I idid. But it sure wasn't pretty. I'm really glad I did it though at the end of the day because I think it finally really hit me just how bad my choices have been.
    2. Eat only while sitting down :)
    3. Make mindful choices when we go out for dinner tonight >:):#:sI wish I could blame it on my husband for urging me to "just eat one more" over and over. Truth is, I am a grown-*kitten* woman who can say no and usually do if it's something I really don't want to do.
    4. Drink 64 oz of water :) I didn't quite hit 64 oz but I did get in more than usual so I'm giving myself credit for increasing from yesterday. Small steps turn into big habits.
    5. Be kind. Be patient. Don't take your feelings out on others. :)I had a real good day yesterday. I tried to just let go of what I cannot control, and I think between my prayers and getting back to a routine (posting goals on here and reconnecting), it really helped me a lot.
    6. Update bullet journal for the month of May :) I love doing this. It's such a mindless thing to do where you don't have to think much. I write goals for the month and make shopping lists, etc. I also listen to podcasts while doing it. Just a nice bit of quiet time!
    7. Gratitude Journal :) / Joyce Meyer reading :) / Simple Abundance reading :) / Calm app :)

Happy Saturday! I'm having a putzy kind of day today--one of those days where you're busy doing stuff but it's all small stuff so it feels like you're getting nothing done but really you are...? Did that rambling even make sense? LOL!

I had a few eye openers today that really gave me the kick in the pants that I needed to get back on track. Letting my health go is not going to help my dad, my mom, my stepdad, my stepdaughter or the rest of my family. Letting myself go does not make me feel good or happy. Letting myself go does not increase my odds of stayng healthy. I don't like the way I feel or look right now. Only I can fix that. This is one thing that IS in my control right now.

JFT: Saturday
    • Journal every single bite, good or bad.
    • WATER / TEA: Aim for 64 oz of water and 2 cups of pomegranate green tea without sweetener
    • Read first phase of 17-Day Diet book | Meal plan for first 7 days | Make grocery list for plan | Aldi's run to pick up ingredients (This one is will likely be spread out between Saturday & Sunday)
    • Drug Store Run: Pick up Rx | Ask about recalled med | pick up probiotics
    • Update April goals and write out May goals
    • Get outside! Rake or plant seeds or do something!
    • Look up the church I heard about from J & L and plan to attend service tomorrow morning
    • Clean jets in bathtub
    • Watch Kentucky Derby (LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!)
    • Body Groove workout
    • Podcasts: Joyce Meyer | Phit n Phat (Thank you to whomever suggested this one! She's hilarious! I am married to a truck driver so I'm used to that language. Haha! :smile: )
    • 30 minutes of self-care (Pedi? Bubble bath? )
    • Household chores
    • Devote a bit of time studying for Epic CEE exam on Tuesday.
    • Unplug by 7:00 p.m. and be present with husband for Saturday night movie time.
    • Gratitude journal | Joyce Meyer reading | Simple Abundace reading | Calm app or read

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,914 Member
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    @nlmackey98 I hope you start to feel better soon. I battled anxiety for much of my life and it can be debilitating. As far a the movie goes...I don't think I am capable of going to a movie and not eating their popcorn! Sometimes I find a movie for us to go see JUST BECAUSE I WANT SOME MOVIE THEATER POPCORN

I sometimes go buy a tub of popcorn an bring it home for movie nights!

I have heard of other people doing that too! I didn't know they would let you in the door to buy it without buying a ticket! I'm going to have to check into this...or maybe I shouldn't? Hahaha! I did go buy some regular popcorn to pop on the stove, rather than microwave. Maybe just making old fashioned popcorn will take care of that urge?

I was at a friends house last week that made popcorn on the stove with a light drizzle of butter. I had forgotten how delicious it is and am buying some this week to start snacking on in the evening. Even with the butter it will be less calories than my regular snack.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    azulvioleta6: Ouch! Four miles in heels? Yea, I would need a day off too!

@ZizzyBumble My in laws say the same! They are busier now after retiring! But full of fun things, rather than boring work stuff. :)

@PackerFanInGB I totally get those days! I love a to do list where I can cross stuff off and then relax after, even if it's small stuff.

@nlmackey98 Marriage is such hard work! I think the big thing for us (and it sounds like for you too) is that both halves of the couple have to be willing to do the work.

@MLHC1 Our counselor years ago had us read The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, by John Gottman and it really helped us a lot. 10 years was a big turning point for us as well. But we continue today to work on our relationship every day, and we still have fights, misunderstandings, hurt feelings, etc. We have a strong relationship but a big part of that for us is constant open communication, forgiveness, and occasional therapy. That's not to say that he and I don't want to wring each others necks sometimes but I personally believe you can't live with someone and not want to murder them occasionally. :D
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Morning all. I am up at the bf’s place having had v little sleep. I drove over here having forgotten to bring him back the bike he lent me despite numerous requests over the past couple of months. So when I woke with my usual insomnia at stupid o’clock this morning I decided to drive home and get it. He is still asleep even though it’s gone 10 and I’m contemplating a run but I’m a bit tired. Might head out and see how I go...

Saturday goals recap:
    - laundry ✅
    - Girls pack for dad’s place ✅
    - Warrior class 9:30 ✅
    - Groceries ✅
    - Tanning ✅
    - Wrap present and write card ✅
    - Quick house clean ✅
    - Pack for bf’s house ✅
    - Drop present ✅
    - Head to bf ✅
    - Try and stay awake past 10pm 😉 ✅ ✅ managed 1am watching a v scary movie 😱

Sunday goals
    - go home early and pick up bike ✅
    - morning run?
    - groceries
    - breakfast and chill with bf
    - arrange kids pick-up
    - home and put away laundry
    - bed by 9

Hope you’re all having a good weekend and enjoy your Sunday. Bank holiday for us in the UK tomorrow so at least the pressure is off for this evening! X
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday 5 May

Log accurately
    Aim to be close to green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge
    May challenge
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Walk to 10k.
    2. Head to RC for 4:00 paperwork.
    3. Dishes? Finish essay. Choose a recipe. Update grocery list.
    4. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:40.

JFT Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Park run: 8 miles.
    3. Groceries. Recycling. Wash car.
    4. Write intro & conclusion for essay. Submit.
    5. Write a blog post. Email K&D about availability for next Sunday.
    6. Draft week 5 discussion post. Update plans. Update first directions. Update class websites.
    7. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. Did NOT get to the Y, hahaha.

Positive thought: 8 mile goal. I can do it. It IS possible.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    JFT: Saturday
    • Journal every single bite, good or bad. :)
    • WATER / TEA: Aim for 64 oz of water and 2 cups of pomegranate green tea without sweetener :)
    • Read first phase of 17-Day Diet book | Meal plan for first 7 days | Make grocery list for plan | Aldi's run to pick up ingredients (This one is will likely be spread out between Saturday & Sunday) :s
    • Drug Store Run: Pick up Rx | Ask about recalled med | pick up probiotics :s
    • Update April goals and write out May goals :s
    • Get outside! Rake or plant seeds or do something! :)
    • Look up the church I heard about from J & L and plan to attend service tomorrow morning :sI forgot I have a brunch date with my daughter this morning!
    • Clean jets in bathtub :s
    • Watch Kentucky Derby (LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!) :)
    • Body Groove workout :s
    • Podcasts: Joyce Meyer | Phit n Phat (Thank you to whomever suggested this one! She's hilarious! I am married to a truck driver so I'm used to that language. Haha! :smile: ) :):)
    • 30 minutes of self-care (Pedi? Bubble bath? ) :)
    • Household chores :)
    • Devote a bit of time studying for Epic CEE exam on Tuesday. :s
    • Unplug by 7:00 p.m. and be present with husband for Saturday night movie time. :)
    • Gratitude journal :) | Joyce Meyer reading :) | Simple Abundace reading :) | Calm app or read :)

Heading out for brunch with my daughter in a few minutes. It's my belated birthday present. :) I will try to stick to protein and not a lot of carbs. Day got away from me yesterday. I made my list too big to be realistic for me.

Just for Sunday:
    • Journal every bite
    • WATER | Pomegranate Green Tea x2 cups
    • Activity
    • Drug Store
    • Study for Epic CEE test
    • Podcasts: Joyce | Phit n Phat | Half Size Me
    • Sew on quilt
    • Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    • Bed early | Gratitude Journal | Readings | Calm app or read
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Saturday May 4 - DETERMINED
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    Plank Challenge - 80 squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Something on commercials - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 🙂

JFT - Sunday May 5 - DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

It is such a difference having just Michaela here, she is different being here alone too. We did some crafting and she played some games she never gets to play because her brother takes the iPad and doesn’t share it.

I watched the Diane Sawyer special Friday night about screen time and I want to try to change some habits around here. It will be hard to get others involved but it was a real eye opening show. I have been thinking about reducing mine for a bit now.

Rodger starts a new schedule tomorrow for the next two weeks. He will be working from 430 am to 1230 pm. It was supposed to be 5-1, but the guy he was training with thought this time was better.

I am going to visit a cousin today she lives about 40 minutes away. It should be a nice visit. We don’t visit often but we always enjoy ourselves when we do.

• Snowflake1968
    Elbee1 - I think it’s wonderful when people go to counseling. I have tried off and on over the years to get my husband to go and he refuses every time. I think some issues could have been resolved much easier if he had.

Faebert - I hope you get some sleep soon. I watch my girls suffer from insomnia and I see what it does to them.

Clicketykeys - it’s funny what our brain registers sometimes, I saw “email K & D” and wondered how and why you would be emailing KD. It gave me a chuckle this morning.

PackerfaninGB - enjoy your brunch. I read in the books I’ve been studying about financial goals to ensure the goals are SMART specific - measurable - achievable - realistic and within a timeframe. I think that helps with weight loss too.

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Jft Sunday
    1. Atleast 6 waters - keep a cup next to the sink
    2. Cook at home
    3. Shower tonight, not tomorrow morning
    4. Wash towels, sheets, and comforter
    5. QT with DH
    6. Bed by 930
    7. Review list PM and AM

JFT Monday AM
    1. Smoothie
    2. Fish oil and vitamin
    3. Up by 555, no snooze!
    4. Work by 7
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    So, I was soaking in the tub after my long run. Eight miles today. WHEW! Husband paused his video game and came in to check on me, cuz he's a sweetie.

Him: Legs feeling wobbly?
    Me: Ahuh.
    Him: In pain.
    Me: noooo... just questioning my life choices.
    Him: ME TOO!
    Me, confused: Why are you questioning YOUR life choices??
    Him: No - questioning YOURS!

Ahahaha... apparently he also thinks eight miles is a lot. He found out about "ultramarathons" a few days ago and his response was "why would anyone DO that?!"

<3:D

8 miles is amazing! Hope you are very proud of yourself and that the leg pain eases. X