JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday 2 May

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green ;) on the edge, I don't normally have bread at lunch time ...
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :) 2 nice walks today including one around the castle gardens; beautiful flowers
    April challenge :) it was a beautiful day, some blue sky and warm sun. Skye is a special place!
    May challenge >:) mostly forgot this one !

• wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thanks @nlmackey98 & @Snowflake1968 I’ll try over the weekend to make things easier for myself on here 😀

JFT 02/05/19 Thursday

1. I’ll come back here in the evening :smile:
    2. Log all food & drink :smile:
    3. Take at least 5500 steps :smile:
    4. Make time to be mindful for me :smile:
    5. Enjoy my afternoon crocheting and listening to my current audiobook :smile: nearly finished an order for a custom baby blanket 🧶👶🏼💙

Enjoy your Friday eve 😀

JFT 03/05/19 Friday

1. I’ll come back here in the evening
    2. Log everything and be under calorie goal
    3. Take at least 5500 steps
    4. Make time to be mindful for me
    5. No major plans, see what family wants to do. In the morning I might do housework but I’m not promising 😉

Be the person you want to have in your life 🌸
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    JFT, THurs, 5/2
    1. log all food :)
    2. mindful eating :) Went out to eat with hubby tonite ... had a margarita, and only drank half of it. Had a chicken chiangiana ... and skippedthe beans and rice, and only ate half of it! I was hungry tonite, and had a protein shake. So a much better day with mindful eating!
    3. 8+ water :)
    4. going to book fair tomorrow nite, so try and just walk around a lot while hubby looks at record albums :):)
    5. go to the gym :):'( Went to the gym, but a very emotional hard day. A very good friend at the gym... she and her husband are both good friends who come to the gym often. She came in today, and I could tell she looked like she was crying as she walked up to me. Here her husband passed away on Holy Thursday ... 3 days before their daughters wedding. It was such a shock, as I had just seen him a few days before. We noticed that they had not been to the gym this past week, but just thought it was because they were tired from their daughters wedding. So this was so unexpected. I came home, and just wanted to hug my husband all day. So many things we take so for granted, until something like this reminds us of how short life can be, and to appreciate, and enjoy every minute.
    6. go to the nursery .... I am trying to get ideas for our subdivision entryway to get some pretty things planted. Hoping that whatever I come up with, trustee will give me the money to do! :/ Going tomorrow, as he was off.
    7. positive thought :) Hugs the ones you love everyday. Tell them you love them. We never know what tomorrow might bring. I was thankful I went to the gym this morning... to be able to give my friend a long hug.

JFT, FRIDAY
    1. go to weight watcher meeting ... no matter the outcome. I don't think I have lost, so all the more reason to go and be accountable. (I'm sure the half margarita I had will not help with my weigh in, but it was worth it anyhow).
    2. concentrate on water
    3. go to fish fry ... eat only 2 pieces of fish, and count out 10 french fries
    4. mindful eating
    5. work in the yard ... if it is not too muddy! We have been getting tons of rain!
    6. go to the nursery to see plans for subdivision entryway... hoping trustee will go along with it!
    7. help daughter clean her apartment
    8. jan challenge = 8+ water
    9. feb challenge = only 1 nite time snack
    10. mar challenge = outside 15 minutes walking, etc
    11. april challenge = 1 positive thing
    12. may challenge = 5 somethings.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    V quick post on way out to work. Had a lovely time with my friend last night and cooked up a storm of healthy meals for her post baby freezer! Chicken in satay sauce, bolognese sauce and chicken in leek and mushroom creamy white wine sauce. Tired today though and this morning’s run was hard!

Thursday goals recap:
    - morning warrior class ✅ 💪
    - Take baguette and cheese to school for France lesson ✅
    - Water ✅ loads already!
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - leave by 4:45 ✅
    - Cooking with N ✅
    - Girls hair wash ❎ they really wanted to just hang out with my friend and reminded me they have sports on a Friday so shifted this goal to Friday instead
    - Bed by 10❎ not far off though

Friday goals:
    - morning run (10.4k) ✅
    - pack snacks for work
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - do GaG before leaving
    - Pick up kids on way home
    - Eyebrow threading
    - Cafe for kids dinner and homework
    - kids hair wash
    - bed by 10

Happy Friday gang! X
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I am very grateful to be retired. Managing household, children, relationships and work is so much work and then to add taking care of yourself - WOW it's impressive. All of you in this thread are doing it! My days are mostly spent caring for family (grandchildren and elderly mothers) and getting outdoors for sanity and exercise.

Snap @lafayettenana , I'm also grateful to be spending more time at home, and am amazed at how much some of the posters on here accomplish (Faebert, who ticks everything except "get to bed on time" lol)

It's a case of doing what you have to isn't it? Now I have more time I can stretch jobs out. Until last year I was self employed, started work at 7am, worked until the job was finished, any time between 3pm and 7.30pm, depending on how busy it was. For years I did it 6 days a week, yet had no problem fitting in kids, house etc. I just cannot imagine doing all that now! I'm too young for a pension so still have a little business to bring some cash in. It keeps me busy May - September but is quieter in the winter. I love having spare time for grandchild and parents.

@Snowflake1968 , Rodger's rookie mistake, you don't say you don't like food in front of children! Is he willing to discuss what he *does* want to eat? It's tiring, being the person who always decides the meals.

@mytime6630 , how sad for your friend and her family, and a shock for you too. :'(

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 972 Member
    Options

JFT 2nd May

Log everything no, I couldn't be bothered to weigh cheese, and then didn't continue
    Stay in the green really don't think so
    Back exercises YES, at last! Took the book upstairs and did proper exercises
    Clear rest of paperwork almost, why don't I finish it?
    Bathroom floor! yes
    Dishes, they are multiplying again yes
    Phone insurance company. I cancelled with them and got letter today saying thanks for renewing for another year, aargh! decided to wait a day to see if I got cancellation letter. It came today
    Plant out the hardy plants which aren't affected by frost yes, under big black rain clouds
    Put tender plants in shed yes, frost forecast for the next week

I don't intend leaving the house today, so should use the time to get on with things. DO NOT SIT ABOUT AND WASTE TIME! Got lots of extra stuff done in the house

Positive thought - I felt very happy and content yesterday. Pottering in the garden is lovely.

JFT 3rd May

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Finish the paperwork
    Shopping (again, food disappears quickly now son is home!)
    Laundry
    Get cot out of attic, grandson has grown out of his basket, so is going to sleep in his Dad's old crib :)
    Wash then paint old flowerpots for the garden
    Start by getting showered and dressed :)

• promisesstandin
    promisesstandin Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Get ONE thing done on my list of about 45!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Gym👍
    2. Log all food👍
    3. One healthy snack after dinner 👍
    4. Don’t eat any of the donuts in the breakroom 👍

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym
    3. Healthy dinner and one healthy snack after dinner
    4. Meditate
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am so frazzled right now! I have so much to do over the next week that it's overwhelming me and I need to do some meditating but the only thing that would actually destress me is to get *kitten* done! It is incredibly busy right now but I am not going to focus on that. I am going to focus on the fact that my job allows me to stop what I am doing and pick up my child from school when they aren't well and take care of them which I was able to do yesterday. Today I will take deep breaths and tell myself that it will all get done, and it will be fine whenever I feel my anxiety racheting up.

Positive thought: I did not use my anxiety as an excuse to make bad eating decisions yesterday. Except for that one cookie-which was still within my calorie goals! :D

JFT 5/3

1 hour intense exercise
    Breathing exercise x 3
    Stay within 1400 calories
    Get through today's to do list
    Lunch Date with husband-RELAX AND ENJOY-DO NOT TALK ABOUT WORK!
    Shut everything down by 6:30 and relax

Hoping to catch up on everyones posts tonight or this weekend. Hope everyone has a great day!

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: Update first directions. Update class websites. Pull Likert scale and chapter 1 questions. Check grading.
    3. Class 1-2: Likert scale; discussion; chapter 1 reading & questions. Return work while students work.
    4. Planning: A - Grade & enter homework. B - Grade one-pagers and enter. C - Meet with J about uploads. D - Enter presentation grades. DRAFT ESSAY.
    5. Class 4: Illiteracy / Scarlet Ibis reading guide.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. SL A-day. Run to 10k on TM. Pack lunch. Read 6 pages of Cafeteria, 10 of Cross-training.
    8. Pizza? Check grocery list.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00. Alarm set for 6:40.

JFT Friday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: Update first directions. Update class websites. Print sub plans for 4th. Set out ch 1 and 2 questions.
    3. Class 1-2: Likert scale reflection. Chapter 2. Set out sub plans and roster. Update Goodreads.
    4. Planning: FIELD TRIP! Take grading.
    5. Class 4: Finish Scarlet Ibis.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Grade one pagers. Review essay directions, articles, draft essay. Saturday: Y? Head to RC for 4:00 paperwork.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 188.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. WOOOO Today is gonna be really interesting. I teach half a day before leaving for a field trip to the aquarium and Six Flags that will go until 3 AM with a 2-hr-plus bus ride back.

Maybe I should pick up some NoDoz...

Positive thought: I can do it. I can do it. I can do it.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Friday!! As usual I'm so glad it's Friday. I'm just worn out and I'm sure TOM isn't helping.

@PackerFanInGB I am so sorry. I just want to give you a big hug. You are a very strong person, never forget that!

Yesterday 5/2:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😑 a little bit over because my phone died and I did the math wrong
    3. Go for a walk at lunch if it's not raining😁
    4. Workout after work😁
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    6. Relax😁

JFT 5/3:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch if it's not raining
    4. Fully finish weekly report at work
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    6. Relax
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    5/2/19 Thursday
    Weight 151.6 lbs
    Stay in green 🙂
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water 🙂
    Exercise 🙂 Leslie Sansones Burn 30
    Bed by midnight 😔 very close: 12:20am

JFT 5/3/19
    Weight
    Stay in green
    4 8 oz. glasses of water
    Exercise
    Bed by midnight

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    JFT 1st May
    Visit parents yes, took the collie to visit parents, she got onto the bed and put her head on my Dad's chest, aw :)

Aww. Love dogs! It’s hard but whenever we take our 7 1/2 hr drive to visit my parents, it turns into 10 hrs with my 65 lb Catahoula Leopard Dog & my 23 lb. “pound puppy”. It’s especially difficult when it’s raining/storming as my parents don’t have a fenced in yard. But it is so worth it for smiles like your collie brought!

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    Recap 5/2 R ~ Forced myself out of bed after 2 snooze alarms & left later than I like for walk so no time to stretch after. Heard lots of turkeys and saw/heard beautiful cardinal singing in the tops of trees. Sure wish the dreary, cold weather would end. Yesterday our high temp was 20 degrees below normal. On walk, I remembered fruit to use up & once home made easy fruit salad for work food day. Big improvement over chips & salsa. Only put me 10 min. behind getting to work. :p
    1) Walked dog before work 3.23 mi 58:58 = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 14,729 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! & 42 floors :smiley:
    3) Be selective & small portions of food at work celebration & choir social this evening / net calories zero / 14c water = Did ok at work but gave in to many temptations in evening. Ack. Net calories -680 (that's probably underestimating cals) :s , sodium -909 :( , sugar -58 (yikes) :s , fiber low :( , protein good & 14c water
    4) Complete summary pages for O/I/SOP sections = diff than I remembered, so set up folders & in progress... at least I feel more comfortable with process :neutral:
    5) Evening: prayer service 6:00 :( no time / choir 6:30 :smiley: will miss these folks during summer / wash dishes :s home later than planned & tired / other to-do's?
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 :smiley: yay / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / set/verify early alarm, BED & TV OFF 10:20 (walk dog before work F) :s this is getting ridiculous

JFT 5/3 F ~ When early alarm rang, I almost decided to take a rest day, but I was awake so got up (thinking of my JFT goals).
    1) Walked dog before work 3.57 mi 1:04:41 = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Continue progress on GA-B FY19 (remember May deadline)
    5) Evening: clear leaves off rose garden & hostas / wash (some) dishes
    6) Floss / retainers
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday May 2- DETERMINED
    2L of water - :)
    Calories in green - >:) My plan was to do a walk after my swim lesson last night, but I was exhausted and didn't do it
    Walk 1 Mile - :)
    Plank Challenge - 80 Squats instead
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - :)
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - :)

JFT - Friday May 3- DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I had a hungry day yesterday and I'm not sure why, but I think it was because I was tired. I had a nap after I had eaten too much and it seemed to help.

Last night was my first swim lesson I am supposed to be doing with my friend, she was sick last night though and couldn't attend. This is a stroke improvement class, and the instructor really pushed and gave me some good ideas. For those of you that followed along last year, you know my breathing was a big issue. He doesn't think it's my breathing as much as my endurance. He says he can almost see where my arm doesn't go as high, my legs don't kick as hard and then I stand up. He gave me some things to try and I was able to swim from one end of the pool to the other and halfway back up again. I did the back crawl for part of it, but I hadn't learned that until last night. I was also in the deep end for the last 10 minutes of the class. I really enjoyed the instructor and I think I'll learn a lot from him.

Sarah from the job I'm hoping for didn't email or phone me yesterday. I'm trying to decide if I should follow up with her or just leave her be. I don't want to seem pushy, but I find it odd that she didn't follow through on the phone call since she has been so present for the last two weeks. Maybe I'll give it a few hours this morning and see if I hear from her.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Cook dinner at home - meatballs and ravs? :)
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Empty dishwasher >:)
    5. Load of laundry!!! :)
    6. Realtor @ 6:15 :)
    7. Bed by 9:30 >:)

DH got an invite to a friends house at like 7:30 last night and he really wanted me to join him so I (a bit reluctantly) went. It was nice, he was happy and I'm hanging in there today despite the late night.

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Water with lunch - more after appointment
    3. 1:45 Facial
    4. Order pizza by 4:30 latest
    5. Meet Meme at her house at 5:00
    6. Relax tonight
    7. Bed by 10:30