JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    My goodness... don’t come back the next morning and you get 5 PAGES behind!!!
    JFT Tues. April 30:
    1. Track everything/stay in the green ✅
    2. Mindful eating practice - lunch ... forgot ❌
    3. Early planned supper (salmon/rice/salad) to prevent unnecessary after work snacking ✅
    4. Running group 7:30 PM ✅

Yesterday went pretty well... got everything accomplished but forgot to eat mindfully... funny how hard it is to change old habits!

I’m a bit late in posting my intentions for today as it is now 4:30PM, but they are as yesterday.
    1. Track everything/stay in the green
    2. Mindful eating practice
    3. 20 minute walk after supper

Going out for supper tonight, so have been v. Careful with my eating today.

@MaryRobinson40 - thanks as usual for the uplifting and inspirational words!
    @PackerFanInGB - Wow, sounds like you have a lot on your plate! Taking care of yourself, as you say, is the best way to be there for everyone else but it is understandable that you may not hit all your goals every day with so much going on... I hope you cut yourself some slack on those days. Hugs to you!
    @cschmitz110515 - I’m new here, but can so relate to that “day of reckoning” feeling when you realize that daily attention to your goals makes a difference! Been there, will be there again, I’m sure. Welcome back :)
    @HEGoddard0928 - glad you and Matt finally have some answers to what has been making him feel so unwell... best wishes to him as he recovers and manages the diverticulosis.
    @Snowflake1968 - lol to the falling down pants... a very real reminder of all the work you have put in with your goals :). We got snow here in Ontario too. Blustery cold rain today. Feeling pretty down about having to wear a turtleneck on May 1. Spring just HAS to be around the corner soon, no?
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 1 May

Log accurately >:) not yet, I need to catch up
    Stay in the green probably just
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :) plus a mile swim
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :) beautiful weather today
    April challenge stunning sunset and a lovely meal with our neighbours

I've not swum in ages so the mile was not as easy as I'd have liked. Our neighbours from the south of England are visiting us on Skye. They arrived this evening and it's going to be a challenge not to over eat and under excercise!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Today was a pretty decent day today though I done wore myself out with my workout! Tomorrow will have to be a little lighter.

JFT 5/1
    1 hour of intense exercise :) Power walk, and HIIT run
    30 minutes gentle exercise :) Gentle walk
    stay in the green :) All that exercise!
    5 servings fruit/veg :)
    all meals at home :)
    Stretching/hot bath/self care :)
    no alcohol :)

@Snowflake1968 It definitely takes two in a marriage. I'm not religious but I'm so glad you find comfort in those words and they help you navigate. Marriage is so hard sometimes! And good for you on the studying! Managing money is a challenge and it definitely takes awhile to build good habits around that just like health. Good analogy!

@ZizzyBumble I'm going to look up Isle of Skye too! It sounds pretty. :) I have always lived super close to 'stuff' and can't imagine having to drive far for things. I'm sure that has it's benefits but you'll definitely have to be a planner!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Good morning all!

@maryrobinson40 Big hugs to you! Thank you so much, you are always so uplifting!

@PackerFanInGB I'm so sorry for everything you are going through right now. Please don't beat yourself up about slip ups, there is only so much weight one can carry on their shoulders.

@Bex953172 Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you.

Yesterday 4/30:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Workout after work😁
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    6. Relax😑 kind of

JFT 5/1:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Figure out dinner
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    6. Relax

Awh thank you!
    Are your dogs alright now after their big escape? X

They are great now, thanks!! 😊💖
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I love you Sister. My faith carries me through my trials. My view is I deal with
    issues, but the issues don't have me. I choose to stay above the things that I face. Initially,
    many things come unexpectedly and knock me for a loop. But after collecting myself and
    having great supporters such as yourself and my other sisters... It all helps me bounce back.
    BTW... THANK YOU TREMENDOUSLY!. Also the same can be said for you as well. You're a strong,
    encourager on here.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

Positive thought: If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up.

Love it! Your response to the various challenges faced are great ones in terms of just moving forward instead of giving in to the issues in the moment.

@lafayettenana "Just read an insightful article on what Vitamin B-12 deficiencies can cause. Anxiety, fatigue, aphasia, misdiagnosis of fibromayalgia and multiple sclerosis and more. The Wall Street Journal article went on to say that 5-20% of women are deficient and it can take years to get a diagnosis. It's especially found in vegan and vegetarians. Eggs, milk, tuna are all listed and non-red meat sources of B-12. "

... this really impt for older members as it is not uncommon for the body to stop assimilating B-12 properly as you age. My sister ended up quite sick and had to be hospitalized because of an undiagnosed B-12 deficiency.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options

So, just for today, Tuesday, my goals are to:
    * Journal every bite that goes in my mouth, even if its an entire truckload of Twinkies :)
    * Drink at least 40 oz of water :)
    * Spend 15 minutes outside :)
    * Calm App - meditation session :# / Spend time in prayer :)
    * Take a real lunch break today. Leave building. 🙂 Done. Went to Fresh Thyme Market for lunch. Salad bar and soup. Cottage cheese for snacks (serving size containers).
    * Spend 10 minutes writing in my Daily Dialog journal, whatever comes to my head. Just get it out. :#
    * Log on tonight and read some posts. :) Update my goals. :) Be accountable. :)
    * Early bedtime: Gratitude Journal :s / Inspirational Readings :s / Read until lights out :s / Calm sleep story :)Had a terrible time sleeping. I think I got 4 hours of sleep.

JFT/Wednesday:
    • Journal every bite :)
    • Drink at least 40 oz water :)
    • Take a real lunch break today. Leave the building. :)
    • Listen to Joyce Meyer podcast :) / Half Size Me podcast :)Started. will finish tomorrow. / Optimal Living Daily :) & Optimal Health Daily podcasts :)
    • Spend 15 minutes trying to catch up on JFT posts :)
    • Early bedtime: Gratitude Journal / Inspirational Readings / Read until lights out / Calm sleep story (Heading to bed now so will update this one tomorrow....)
    WOY 2019: TENACITY

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    My goals for tomorrow are
    1. log all food :)
    2. mindful eating :)
    3. 8+ glasses of water :) More like 12 glasses of water today!
    4. go to the gym ... going to try and see if I can do the boot camp class! :):s We had a guy from the water company ring our doorbell at 7:15 AM!! And we don't go to bed until after 1, so almost a hour before we normally get up. But once I am up... might as well stay up! So, I got to the gym by 7:45... did almost a hour on the treadmill, and was going to go home. But I got talked into doing the boot camp again! What a workout ... I am sore all over! But I loved it. It costs an extra $99.00 though for 20 classes, but we get 4 free classes. So I just have one more free class, but I am going to try and incorporate these into my workouts. And tonite ... even got hubby to go for a short walk with me.
    5. work on business bookkeeping. :) Got a lot done today ... more to do, but at least it is started.
    6. get back on here.... try and read all the posts so I can respond better! Sorry ... I've been so bad at this! :)
    7. positive thought :) Had a wonderful day today ... took things to goodwill, got caught up on business stuff, had a good workout. So thankful everyday for my health ... that I am able to do all these things. Just to be able to walk around is something we take for granted.
    8. concentrate on protein with each meal and snack. :)

JFT, THurs, 5/2
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating
    3. 8+ water
    4. going to book fair tomorrow nite, so try and just walk around a lot while hubby looks at record albums
    5. go to the gym
    6. go to the nursery .... I am trying to get ideas for our subdivision entryway to get some pretty things planted. Hoping that whatever I come up with, trustee will give me the money to do!
    7. positive thought

• mytime6630
    Options
    Okay, first the procedure.

So Matt has diverticulosis.

Second, I signed up for my first sub job tomorrow. I am TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!!!!

Thirdly, I pulled out the outline of the book I was going to trash and am going to revamp it.
    13. Bed by 11

I am so glad that you finally have a diagnosis for what Matt is going through. One of my good friends husband has this also ... he has to be very careful of what he eats. But it is totally manageable ... as long as Matt watches what he eats.
    Congrats on the sub job! You will do great!! And ... I am so happy your are going to finish your book! You have been through a lot also .. and glad to see that hopefully you can see that light at the end of the tunnel.
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Can you guys believe that we are now in the month of May already! The year is going by so fast.

But that still means we have 8 months left to this year.

Just ONE HALF pound a week ..... 2 pounds a month ... would mean 16 pounds by Christmas!! ONE pound a week, which is also doable if we are careful, would mean 32 pounds by Christmas!

So lets give it all we have!

May Challenge:
    For the month of may, whenever you are sitting down watching TV, or in the bathroom, or have 5 minutes to spare, try and do FIVE of something. Five jumping jacks, 5 squats, 5 arm circles, 5 burpees, anything that is moving your body for a little bit of extra exercise. Do this as many times a day as you can!

Here is a reminder of previous challenges. I try to incorporate each of these every day ... all are habits that eventually I am trying to do without even thinking.

January Challenge - drink 8+ cups of water a day. Try and put a red cup, or something to remind you to drink water
    February Challenge -- limit your nite time snack to just ONE snack. Then brush your teeth, call a friend, do something to stop from eating the rest of the evening
    March Challenge -- get outside for a minimum of just 15 minutes. A quick walk around the block, or even just sitting in a lawn chair. Fresh air and sunshine do a lot for our spirits
    April Challenge ... one positive thing. Write down one positive thing each day to be grateful for
    May challenge = 5 somethings.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    4/30

Yesterday did not go at all as planned! Did manage to add a good 30 min walk after dinner since I missed health club workout.

7. Come back here to read posts and respond. It is nice to see such an active thread, but having some problems keeping up and getting to know people.

Great job in getting that walk in! And as for reading the posts ... I have the same problem. While I am happy this thread is so active, it is hard to keep up, and especially respond. But just keep coming back ... posting goals. We all help each other .. just reading how others are doing, and motivating each other.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Wow, I need to get off here and start my reading on financial planning again. One thing I read in the book yesterday that I thought suited this group was this. He says, "it is said that it takes 21 days to build a habit, but in my opinion when it comes to learning to save money that it takes 21 months to learn this". I think he might be onto something about weight loss too. His wife is a nutritionist so he compares counting calories and watching your weight to saving and spending a lot. It's an interesting read really.

So true ... I think losing weight is so hard when lifetime habits are so hard to break. And even changing a bad habit to a good one might take 21 days. ... but it is so easy to go back to the habits that were our comfort for so many year. I think finances would take even longer.
    I've gotten far behind reading the posts ... how is the job hunting going?? Praying that you will find something you love!
  • mytime6630
    Options

So, just for today, Tuesday, my goals are to:
    * Journal every bite that goes in my mouth, even if its an entire truckload of Twinkies :)
    * Drink at least 40 oz of water :)
    * Spend 15 minutes outside :)
    * Calm App - meditation session :# / Spend time in prayer :)
    * Take a real lunch break today. Leave building. 🙂 Done. Went to Fresh Thyme Market for lunch. Salad bar and soup. Cottage cheese for snacks (serving size containers).
    * Spend 10 minutes writing in my Daily Dialog journal, whatever comes to my head. Just get it out. :#
    * Log on tonight and read some posts. :) Update my goals. :) Be accountable. :)
    * Early bedtime: Gratitude Journal :s / Inspirational Readings :s / Read until lights out :s / Calm sleep story :)Had a terrible time sleeping. I think I got 4 hours of sleep.

JFT/Wednesday:
    • Journal every bite :)
    • Drink at least 40 oz water :)
    • Take a real lunch break today. Leave the building. :)
    • Listen to Joyce Meyer podcast :) / Half Size Me podcast :)Started. will finish tomorrow. / Optimal Living Daily :) & Optimal Health Daily podcasts :)
    • Spend 15 minutes trying to catch up on JFT posts :)
    • Early bedtime: Gratitude Journal / Inspirational Readings / Read until lights out / Calm sleep story (Heading to bed now so will update this one tomorrow....)
    WOY 2019: TENACITY

Look at all those smiley faces ... taking care of YOU! So proud of you! Great job. Hugs
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    5/1/19 Wed.
    Weight: 151.6 lbs
    Stay in green :)
    4 8 oz. glasses of water :)Drank 6 !
    Exercise :)Did push-ups, Triceps Dips, and back exercises including crunches & planks.
    Bed by midnight :)But closer, tonight.

JFT 5/2/19 Thurs.
    Weght:
    Stay in Green
    4 8 oz. glasses of water
    Exercise
    Bed by midnight
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday 2 May

Log accurately