JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options

Warning - the following is a pity party vent session.

WOY 2019: TENACITY

Dear... Being overwhelmed in this situation is expected. Reaching out is a sign of strength not weakness, and it isn’t a pity party when you share your struggles with friends.

Each day take 30min for yourself. Take a warm bath, read a book, color, go for a walk. Whatever brings you peace and helps you balance. If things continue to weigh on you, talking to a professional can help.

You and your family are in my prayers.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,215 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone 👋. I just joined mfp this wk, so slowly finding my way around. Is it too late to join you're group? Posts are very uplifting and supporting. 😃

Hello!! Just "jump" right in!! Happy to see you here :D

SO happy to see you back!! We missed you!! Hope that little guy is doing well?
  • mytime6630
    Options
    So many new faces on here .... welcome!!!!

I've b een trying to get back on track again after my weekend with the friends. So frustrating that my weight can go up so quickly... but not giving up!
    Tonite it is storming out.. we are suppose to be getting 2-4" of rain! at least its now snow.

My goals for tomorrow are
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating
    3. 8+ glasses of water
    4. go to the gym ... going to try and see if I can do the boot camp class!
    5. work on business bookkeeping.
    6. get back on here.... try and read all the posts so I can respond better! Sorry ... I've been so bad at this!
    7. positive thought
    8. concentrate on protein with each meal and snack.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB That is a lot for anyone to handle! It sounds like your stepdaughter might need professional help too. So scary. Hope she is ok and I hope you find some peace soon too.

@lafayettenana I'm glad pre-tracking helped you!

@clicketykeys Ha! I am constantly doing silly things at the gym. You should have seen me trying to figure out how to use the roller thingys the other day. :D Glad you got it figured out!

@mcdonaghloretta5 Welcome! I'm pretty new here too but it's really helpful and very supportive. :)

@wannabeskinnycat Hope your team wins! :)

Heading to bed but wanted to check in and say hello! Thank you for all of you who are so supportive. I just love being able to come on here once or twice a day and hold myself accountable for the things I want to accomplish. My goals feel so attainable when I think about them on a daily basis.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Hi everyone 👋. I just joined mfp this wk, so slowly finding my way around. Is it too late to join you're group? Posts are very uplifting and supporting. 😃

Glad to have you join us! Never too late to join!
  • mytime6630
    Options

FORGET ABOUT WHAT YOU DID OR DIDN'T DO ON YESTERDAY!
    IT IS GONE!
    FORGIVE YOURSELVES AND OTHERS TODAY!!!
    FOR MORE MOMENTS AREN'T PROMISED!
    EMBRACE YOUR "NOW" MOMENT AND MAKE IT COUNT LIKE YOU WON'T GET ANOTHER!

JUST FOR TODAY! IN THIS MOMENT! FIND YOUR PLACE OF THANKSGIVING!
    FIND YOUR PLACE OF HOPE! FIND YOUR CENTER OF JOY! FIND YOUR UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
    FOR YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES.
    AND JUST FOR TODAY, DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE UNKNOWN OF TOMORROW, EMBRACE THE LIFE
    IN TODAY 🙏💕💕💕
    I love you, and we got this!
    L. I. V. E!!!

You are always so motivational Mary!!! Thanks for the wonderful post!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Good morning my friends! I'm 13 pages behind (250+ posts behind.) I feel so guilty for not being up-to-date with how everyone's doing, but I really need to post some goals before I go back and read. Just know that even when I'm MIA, I'm thinking of you all and hoping you are all well, wondering what y'all are up to...

Warning - the following is a pity party vent session.
    Life is kind of a *kitten* show right now. My dad's health is declining. My stepdad's bladder cancer is getting more and more symptomatic and my mom is trying to be strong and I'm trying to help from afar. And my stepdaughter is currently wanting to end her life. I spent the entire weekend trying to calm her down and keep her from giving up. I'm trying so hard to be supportive to everyone and help everyone as much as I can, but I'm now mentally crumbling. I'm stronger than this. I always have been. I've always been the fixer, and I'm trying so hard to do that right now. I've been not logging in and tracking my food. I've been not active in my groups. I've withdrawn a lot from the kids and husband. I'm eating crap. and I'm eating as much as I want of it. I'm not keeping track. I haven't taken a single walk. I even missed work yesterday because I was so mentally exhausted I could barely function. I need to snap out of it. And I'm going to try by taking baby steps beginning today. If I don't take care of myself, I won't be able to help anyone else. That is what I would tell anyone else, so I need to take my own advice.

So, just for today, my goals are to:
    * Journal every bite that goes in my mouth, even if its an entire truckload of Twinkies
    * Drink at least 40 oz of water
    * Spend 15 minutes outside
    * Calm App - meditation session / Spend time in prayer
    * Take a real lunch break today. Leave building. 🙂 Done. Went to Fresh Thyme Market for lunch. Salad bar and soup. Cottage cheese for snacks (serving size containers).
    * Spend 10 minutes writing in my Daily Dialog journal, whatever comes to my head. Just get it out.
    * Log on tonight and read some posts. Update my goals. Be accountable.
    * Early bedtime: Gratitude Journal / Inspirational Readings / Read until lights out / Calm sleep story

WOY 2019: TENACITY

**Hugs and prayers**
    Dont be so hard on yourself. Life happens!! Take it from someone who's been MIA for almost a year dealing with all sorts of family stuff. Take the time you need for yourself!! I know it is easier said than done. I've found that inspirational music helps drown out the negative thoughts, prayers are necessary, doing a personal devotion &/or journal daily helps....but most importantly; sometimes God is telling us, begging us to let go and hand it over to Him. That is difficult, I know bc I'm the same way; always trying to fix things. I am here for you anytime you need, whether it's just to vent, cry or ramble about whatever. Feel free to message me, post a status or JFT your feelings. Bc let's face it, hormones and emotions are a part of physical fitness, especially for women!! <3
  • mytime6630
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Hello!! Just "jump" right in!! Happy to see you here :D

SO happy to see you back!! We missed you!! Hope that little guy is doing well?

Thank you :blush: Just bc I was MIA, dont think for a minute you all were not on my mind, in my heart and my prayers daily, bc you all were!! I've missed you all as well. I'm happy to be back. I know it's going to get difficult to pull myself thru this journey of fitness but I'm motivated for myself!!

Lil' Update:

My little one has turned a year old and has the "healthy stamp of approval" from his doctors!! He is a little behind with the crawling / walking technique bc of all his medical handicaps that kept him from doing what babys normally do. But we are full steam ahead on working it all out!! I compensated with academics while he was unable to do certain mobile activities though, so what he lacks in motion technique he makes up for in intelligence!! The doctors are not worried one bit about his lack of moving around, they say he'll pick it up quicker than I'd expect and soon he'll be right back on track with little one's his age. I've been blessed to be able to be right there with him through everything this past year!!

Also, I've been in counseling for my marriage now for 8 months and I feel like some momentum is finally taking place. It is still at the "daily" level of working on things but I feel encouraged!! There is still a lot of work to do but I know God is here to help me achieve it!!

Thank you all for always being there!! You ladies are Angels in my life!! :innocent::heart:

So happy to hear the little guy is doing OK!!! And wonderful you are in counseling.. and feeling better. Have 4 little boys is a challenge for anyone! (If I remember right, 4, right?). But so happy to see you back posting!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I've missed you, and hope everyone is doing well. It's been two weeks since I posted, and I am 538 posts behind. It will take me a few days to catch up reading all the posts.

Long story short: I took some time off work before Easter, was very busy spring cleaning & prepping for Easter dinner with family at our house. I didn't want to spend time on the computer, just planned to break for a few days... logging had become very tedious for me and I really enjoyed eating what I wanted without logging. Then I developed a terrible cold, had numerous work/professional org. deadlines, and two seminars (with the food) so I just kept extending my MFP hiatus.

Since today was month end, I did my usual weigh-in and measurements, then reality sunk in about the consequences of eating whatever I wanted. Today I started logging again. Tomorrow I will post JFT ~ some habits, like 5 somethings & bed time routine, have really suffered during my hiatus. This thread is vital to me keeping up with my goals & habits, if only for me to see the smileys I give myself. :blush: And I really miss keeping up with you all! <3 I'm glad to be back!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Okay, first the procedure.

So Matt has diverticulosis. Pretty much it means that he has pockets on the sides of his intestines that can fill with things and get inflamed. There were also red spots that the doctor biopsied. Next step is to get the blood work done tomorrow and then I have to schedule an ultrasound of his liver because it was slightly enlarged.

So for right now, limit the caffeine to two cups a day. Which means that he finally has an excuse to get off the energy drinks. I've been trying for a while to get him off them. Because honestly, I think they had a lot to do with this. So he didn't have any today. He just had a cup of tea. I am going to set one out for him to make himself tomorrow morning too. So limit the caffeine, a high fiber diet, and no popcorn/seeds/nuts. I have to spend some time tomorrow looking up more about what he can and can't eat. So this should definitely help both of us get in the habit of eating better.

Second, I signed up for my first sub job tomorrow. I am TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!!!! I have NO IDEA what to expect or anything. This is a whole new world for me. So we'll see what happens. The job is as a Paraprofessional at a local high school that's about 5 miles away. It's not in the district that I graduated from though. That makes me a little sad. They don't use this system

Thirdly, I pulled out the outline of the book I was going to trash and am going to revamp it. I want to have it completely laid out by June 30th(so two months) because July 1st is the start of the next NaNo event. I am going to try and actually WRITE the book during that month.

And lastly, goals for tomorrow!

JFT, 5/1/19

1. Log all my food
    2. Up at 5
    3. Morning routine
    4. Outline 1 chapter
    5. Make lunch to bring to work
    6. Stay calm and roll with the punches at school
    7. Get Matt to Quest by 230
    8. Research what Matt can eat
    9. Make dinner based on what he can eat(as best I can)
    10. DISHES!!!!!
    11. FOLD CLOTHES!!!!!
    12. Night routine
    13. Bed by 11

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - big hugs to you. I wish there was something I could say to help. It’s not surprising that you feel overwhelmed, you have so much on your plate right now. And what you are doing for your family is so much more important than anything else so please give yourself some grace and kindness. Do whatever you need to do to keep yourself going, try and give yourself a few minutes each day to do something that makes you feel good and remember that this too shall pass. You can’t fix everyone and everything - all you can do is be there and listen, and you need to look after yourself too in order to be able to do that.

Sending you lots of love and strength. X