JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU BACK!!!! I missed you so much!!! I am super happy to read that LO is doing well and has a clean bill of health! And that it seems like your marriage is getting back on track. That is really important. I want to hug you so badly! Lol. WELCOME BACK, MY FRIEND!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I've missed you, and hope everyone is doing well. It's been two weeks since I posted, and I am 538 posts behind. It will take me a few days to catch up reading all the posts.

Long story short: I took some time off work before Easter, was very busy spring cleaning & prepping for Easter dinner with family at our house. I didn't want to spend time on the computer, just planned to break for a few days... logging had become very tedious for me and I really enjoyed eating what I wanted without logging. Then I developed a terrible cold, had numerous work/professional org. deadlines, and two seminars (with the food) so I just kept extending my MFP hiatus.

Since today was month end, I did my usual weigh-in and measurements, then reality sunk in about the consequences of eating whatever I wanted. Today I started logging again. Tomorrow I will post JFT ~ some habits, like 5 somethings & bed time routine, have really suffered during my hiatus. This thread is vital to me keeping up with my goals & habits, if only for me to see the smileys I give myself. :blush: And I really miss keeping up with you all! <3 I'm glad to be back!

SO happy to see you back!!! We missed you,and I was starting to get worried about you!! We are family here ..... :)
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 - welcome back! Sorry that you had a rough time but sometimes we need a break to re-set and then jump back in with renewed focus. Don’t worry about the weigh-in - you know what to do and we are all here for you.

@korina75 - sounds like you’ve had a really successful few days even though work is crazy - well done!

@wannabeskinnycat - lots of smiley faces! Good luck for tonight. Bf is a big Liverpool fan too so I should really pay attention the match to be supportive

@HEGoddard0928 - I’m glad you seem to be getting somewhere with Matt’s diagnosis - hopefully it can be managed and he will improve. Good luck with the new job!! You’ll be great. X

@mytime6630 - missed you. Are we having a May challenge? (Cannot believe it’s another new month again!!)

@mcdonaghloretta5 - welcome! Just jump in!

@maryrobinson40 - you are absolutely our team cheerleader! Lots of love to you.

@snowflake1968 - was thinking of you and your jeans falling down and suddenly thought... is that beautiful mother of the bride dress going to be too big by the wedding?! Hope you have a tailor who can alter it as you are just smashing through your goals right now!

@bex953172 - hope you are ok. I know that feeling when emotions just sap your energy and leave you wrecked. Can’t remember who it was on here who said it but they were right. You have had such a rollercoaster few months and you’ve kept everything going in that time. No surprise that you’re now worn out. Sending you a hug and hope you feel better soon.

Lots of love to you all - sorry if I’ve missed anyone. Reading all the posts and sending love.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »

@mytime6630 - missed you. Are we having a May challenge? (Cannot believe it’s another new month again!!)

Oh yes .... I can't believe it is almost May though! If anyone has suggestions .. love to hear them! I tend to do challenges that benefit me the most, but would love to hear what others are struggling with.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 1 May

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Just done my workout and the birds are signing as I have my coffee! A positive start to the day. Busy again today so hoping I can carry on avoiding stress/tiredness snacking...

Tuesday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅
    - Pack snacks and milk for work ✅
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - School play at 3 - leave on time!! ✅
    - Hot yoga at 5:30?? ❎ just too tired and sore 😒
    - Bed by 9:30 ✅

Wednesday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - take snacks and shake to work
    - Early to work - staff choir
    - lunchtime meeting
    - planning time - email F parents, check meeting schedule and call conveyancer again. Veg snacks only! Water!
    - cash for piano teacher
    - put away laundry
    - bed by 9:30

Happy hump day everyone x
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Monday:
    1. weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps :(
    3. drink 8+ C liquids :)
    4. go to gym or swim :( decided I need sleep more
    5. no social eating at work :)
    6. go to bed early :) 7h30!
    [/quote]

Well, I am already in bed for the night and just now getting to writing down my goals. Busy day!
    Tuesday:
    1. weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps:)
    3. drink 8+ C liquids :)
    4. swim a mile :)
    5. no social eating at work :)
    6. walk on at least one work break :)

Let's do tomorrow too since I'm here.
    Wednesday:
    1. weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. drink 8+ C liquids
    4. go to gym
    5. no social eating at work
    6. walk on at least one work break
    7. do grocery shopping/food prep
    8. go to bed early
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys, do you teach in an IB program? So many of the things you mention sound familiar!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1
    I cant tell you how much its good to see you back!! I was always hoping youd come back!
    Im so glad your little boy is doing so well!
    Its great to see you posting again! You have been missed!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,027 Member
    Options
    4/30/19 Tuesday
    Weight 🙃 forgot to weigh
    Stay in green 😔
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water 🙂
    Exercise 😔
    Bed by midnight 😔

Jft 5/1/19
    Weight
    Stay in green
    4 8 oz. glasses of water
    Exercise
    Bed by midnight

@Snowflake1968 omg! Pants falling on the ground! I hope that I get to the point of pants falling off sometime.
    Wow! More snow!

@maryrobinson40 Oh, you make me smile! Your posts are so wonderful. Full of “feel good” messages. Thank you so much!
    I hope that you are feeling well & that you have a fantastic month!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 965 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB , I wish there was something we could do to help, it's so hard to be the "fixer" in a family. Sending you lots of love and hugs.

@ZizzyBumble , how lovely moving to Skye! I've only been on a day trip there, I really wanted to stay longer.

JFT 30th April

Log everything no, gave up in the evening
    Stay in the green definitely no!
    Back exercises just stretches
    Clear some paperwork no
    Housework no
    Walk with friend yes, an hour in the country
    Drive into town to buy plants. Really want to do this, it's been cancelled last minute several times. I went, was a disappointment. Empty shelves, didn't have the plants I wanted. And my back was playing up lol

Yesterday was a bit of a failure, must do better today.

JFT 1st May

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Clear some paperwork
    Bathroom floor!
    Collect dogs in the afternoon
    Visit parents
    Visit other local garden centre for plants

Positive thought - my walking friend is such a lovely person :)

• wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I’ve only been here a few days but wanted to say what a fab bunch of people! So motivating and inspirational.

For the ones having the worst of times, please keep coming back often and talking. I don’t feel I know anyone enough yet to comment, other than stay strong and for anything you can control, you can win.

Each and every one of us is here because we love or want to love ourselves and want to be the best we can be.

xx
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Go to gym👍
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. One healthy snack after dinner 👍
    5. Meditate 👍

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Workout at home
    3. One healthy snack after dinner
    4. Think positively and believe in yourself
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys, do you teach in an IB program? So many of the things you mention sound familiar!

I do not - I'm in a public high school. I do have some honors students but we don't have AP or IB classes in my department.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. AM run: 3 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Check & print plans. Check in with CC about class 4. GET CART.
    3. Class 1-2: Update analysis to present Weds. (If cart. If not, start book. No presentations.)
    4. Planning: A - Look for Likert articles. Call parents. B - Draft essay. C - Grade research. D - Grade research. Call LW. Comments.
    5. Class 4: Test practice. Extra review? Begin Scarlet Ibis?
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Lifting 3:30. LW for check info and no Thursday. Read 10 pages of Cafeteria. Prep cheese. Pack lunch. QUIZ!
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday.
    9. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00.

Wednesday
    1. AM run - aim for 4 miles, <60 min. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Print detail roster for presentation notes. Get T-shirt. Make grading plan.
    3. Class 1-2: Presentations. If time: make-up work. Thursday: Likert return & ch 1.
    4. Planning: A - Draft essay. B - Call parents. Call representatives. Duo. C - Look for Likert articles. D - Research essays. Fill out honors form and turn in.
    5. Class 4: Begin Scarlet Ibis.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Quiz. Essay work. Chop celery. Pack lunch. DID YOU DO THE QUIZ?
    8. Gratitude journal. Read 10 pages each of Cafeteria and Cross-Training.
    9. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Lang8 post. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00. Update Goodreads Friday.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 188.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. My headphones weren't charged this morning, so before I even got warmed up, they started beeping and weren't going to play my music. NOT HAVING THAT. So I plugged them in and fed the cats and only got in 3 miles. I'm going to accept that :P regardless of goals.

Positive thought: Lifting seems to be going well.