JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Park run: 7 miles. Head to LW to turn in direct deposit info.
    3. Write intro & conclusion for essay. Submit.
    4. Review therapy exercises. Write a blog post. Groceries.
    5. Draft week 4 discussion post. Update plans. Update first directions. Update class websites.
    6. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00.

JFT Monday
    1. AM walk/intervals. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Check & print plans. Check in with CC about class 4. Find and print questions for documentary and intro.
    3. Class 1-2: Likert scales. Documentary. Introduction of book.
    4. Planning: A - Call parents. B - Discussion post. C - Grade research. D - Grade research.
    5. Class 4: Character activity?
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Lifting 3:30. Walk to 10k at park. Read 10 pages of Cafeteria. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch. QUIZ!
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday.
    9. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00. LW for check info Tues.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 190

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. I'm super proud of myself for getting 7 miles in on Sunday. I'm still REALLY slow.

Positive thought: Starting weight lifting today!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Off the rails on Sunday. Womp womp. TOM imminent so I was ravenous and did lots of over eating. Back to it today though...

JFT Mon.
    1. Two more waters before leaving for job 2 - atleast 3 waters there
    2. Log all food
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home - grilled chicken, asparagus, rice
    5. Bed by 9:30
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 29 April

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :)
    April challenge :). Enjoyed as stunning sunset.

Fruit and veg shopping :)
    Meal planning for the week >:) I have some ideas but that's as far as it goes.
    Thank you notes >:) written but not addressed or posted

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    here's the Anti pasta tray I made both Saturday and Sunday
    rj2tdxdp8soi.jpg

Bring this to me. Now!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Monday JFT:

✔▪Regular kiddo morning
    ✔▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ✔▪x1 kiddo dr. appt
    ✔▪Breakfast
    ✔▪ANB meeting
    ❌▪Devotional Time
    ✔▪Homework (L.Alg & Stats)
    ✔▪BB-Wkout (1 DVD exercise)
    ✔▪Lunch
    ✔▪Regular kiddo afternoon
    ✔▪Take teen to work
    ✔▪Gym
    ✔▪Dinner
    ✔▪Evening schedule
    I successfully completed Day 1 of my 6-day slim down diet!! I even resisted the strong urge to have Rocky Road Ice Cream!! :flushed: 'Till tomorrow....

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Well hi there @MLHC1! 👋 Good to see you! How is the little one?
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Quick post before I get going for work. Good day yesterday and just done my run in a pretty good time so happy with progress. Today will be hectic as need to leave work early to go to my daughter’s school play. Sometimes all the juggling is just overwhelming!

Monday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - pack snacks and coffee for work ✅
    - buy milk on way to work ❎ remembered I had some in the fridge at work
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - health food store after work ✅
    - online grocery shop ✅
    - bed by 9:30 ✅

Tuesday goals:
    - morning run ✅
    - Pack snacks and milk for work
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake
    - School play at 3 - leave on time!!
    - Hot yoga at 5:30??
    - Bed by 9:30

Have a great day all x
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 30 April

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge

Complete meal planning and shopping order
    Address and post thank you cards
    Weeding
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @nlmackey98 , your step count is mega impressive, well done!

@Snowflake1968 , yes, having family to visit is the best. Noisy though :)

@ZizzyBumble , enjoy your retirement. Is it yourself who is moving to Scotland?

JFT 29th April

Log everything yes
    Stay under maintenance mmm, the last piece of cake probably pushed me over]
    Back exercises no
    Visit parents yes
    Laundry yes
    Last night's dishes yes
    Put fertilizer on garden (must get this done, been meaning to all week) yes
    Drive into town in the evening to buy plants no, was asked to babysit while they did an emergency trip to the vets, so did that instead

JFT 30th April

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Clear some paperwork
    Housework
    Walk with friend
    Drive into town to buy plants. Really want to do this, it's been cancelled last minute several times.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    JFT Tues

- 6 to 8 glasses of water
    - log as best as i can
    - gratitude journal
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Eat one healthy snack tonight 👍
    4. Workout at home 👍

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Go to gym
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. One healthy snack after dinner
    5. Meditate
  • newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, sorry I have been offline for the weekend.
    Tried to get in yesterday, but MFP was crashing on my iPad? Seems to be OK today.
    Did not get any exercise in yesterday, but did manage my calories even at a meal out with dear friends I only see a few times per year. Back on track today:

JFT Tues. April 30
    1. Track everything/stay in the green
    2. Mindful eating practice - lunch
    3. Early planned supper (salmon/rice/salad) to prevent unnecessary after work snacking
    4. Running group 7:30 PM

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT
    4/29
    20 minutes of exercise-wherever I can fit it :) Did 30 early in the morning!
    Mindful eating-plan ahead for movie theater indulgence :) Had two glasses of wine (loooong movie) and then ate a sensible dinner and drank lots of water when I got home.
    Forgive yourself and be kind to yourself! It's a busy day! :) Glad I reminded myself of this. It was a long day with work and fun.
    Drink water :)
    5 fruit/veg :/ Only 2 servings

Today is a long day but I have a few breaks in there so I can take a big break in the middle of the day to get some stuff handled for the house that I've been neglecting bc it's been so busy.

JFT 4/30
    30 minutes of exercise-cross training-anything but running (need a day off for my shin)
    Mindful eating
    Stay within calories
    3 veg/2 fruit
    Take 2 walks during breaks, 15 minutes each
    All meals at home

@nlmackey98 That is so impressive! I don't know if I've ever taken that many steps in a day! How do you do it every day?? Superwoman!

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. AM walk/intervals. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Check & print plans. Check in with CC about class 4. Find and print questions for documentary and intro.
    3. Class 1-2: Likert scales. Documentary. Introduction of book.
    4. Planning: A - Call parents. B - Discussion post. C - Grade research. D - Grade research.
    5. Class 4: Character activity?
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Lifting 3:30. Walk to 10k at park. Read 10 pages of Cafeteria. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch. QUIZ!
    9. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00. LW for check info Tues.

JFT Tuesday
    1. AM run: 3 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Check & print plans. Check in with CC about class 4. GET CART.
    3. Class 1-2: Update analysis to present Weds. (If cart. If not, start book. No presentations.)
    4. Planning: A - Look for Likert articles. Call parents. B - Draft essay. C - Grade research. D - Grade research. Call LW. Comments.
    5. Class 4: Test practice. Extra review? Begin Scarlet Ibis?
    7. Lifting 3:30. LW for check info and no Thursday. Read 10 pages of Cafeteria. Prep cheese. Pack lunch. QUIZ!
    9. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 188.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. Started Strong Lifts yesterday. Wasn't sure I'd be able to bench even the bar, but I did! I'm sorry I haven't been responding to everyone's posts. :( I do read them! I just can't always think of something to say (especially that hasn't already been said).

Positive thought: I called the dentist yesterday to confirm - NO CAVITIES! :D
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm going to keep this short today as well but I hope everyone has a great day!! YOU'VE GOT THIS!!!!

Yesterday 4/29:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Cook dinner😁
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    6. Relax😁

JFT 4/30:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Workout after work
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    6. Relax
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »

4/29

1. Ride :+
    2. De-corgi my first floor (swifter up the dog hair) :+
    3. Call for appt to change oil on van :+
    4. Call for vet appt for dog +
    5. Health club for strength training :-1: ( horse lost shoe which led to 3 hours hanging around waiting for farrier before I could ride. By the time I finally got home and ate lunch, it was late and I was in no mood. Went and bought groceries instead ... was goi g to do that today)
    6. Eat within maintenance calories :-+
    7. Back exercises after dinner v-+

4/30

1. Ride
    2. Clean bathrooms
    3. Health club - strength training
    4. Dust downstairs
    5. Back exercises after dinner
    6. Eat within maintenance calories
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    daneejela wrote: »
    Today is gonna be a bit hectic, here it goes:

- send emails
    - print and submit year reports and statements papers to the authority
    - send that email report
    - fix new rent contract for the business
    - write down bugs that are stoppers.
    - stay away from junk food
    - stay away from snacks
    - hair removal (don't procrastinate longer)
    - light dinner
    Yesterday I had an extremely efficient day. I felt very proud of myself.
    When a person with PCOS does waxing there is more drama, pain, blood, and mess than in a war movie. :D But I went through it, so I can relax for a while.
    With all the things I've been doing, I totally forgot about food and ate only the main meals yesterday.

But today, I guess my hormones have a party, I feel like I am gonna burst into tears any second. I feel so unhappy with everything that it must be a hormonal thing.

JFT:
    - fix remaining bugs in the app
    - buy non diary milk
    - light dinner
    - stay away from the fight with my SO
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,331 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    JFT Monday

- Work by 8:00 :( More like 8:45. Just couldn't mentally get up this morning.
    - Check in on MFP :)
    - Not be disappointed in myself. Tough one, but so far so good. :)
    - Work on work stuff... Been avoiding one project :)
    - Lunch <300 cal :)
    - Pick up dogs from the kennel :) Hubby did this
    - Pick up daughter from talent show tryouts :)
    - Go for a walk/run to make up for morning candy snafu. :/ Too busy with family stuff.
    - Dinner within calorie goal :)
    - No treats after dinner :)
    - Early to bed :( Not even close couldn't sleep, ughhh

Positive thought for the day: One day, or one weekend doesn't define me. How I deal with the reality of the situation shows my character.

Things were mostly good yesterday except for my activity. I went from >30K Sat & Sunday to <5K yesterday. I was pretty ok with my weight gain yesterday as I know I ate poorly. As expected, I dropped 3 of the 4 pounds today. I figure the last pound will come off by tomorrow, but if not I'm okay with the gain. Back on the horse, right?

Today is busy as always, but I think I have it organized in my mind. Well except for the work thing I'm kind of creating as I go. People want answers, and I might, I repeat might, have a way to get them. Of course, might means definite to the higher ups. Such is life in the jungle. A little running about. Squeeze in a little activity and hit the household chores. Damn, I didn't leave time for prepping dinner. Maybe hubby will take that one, he usually does. I'm not terribly concerned about the chores as we are actually home this weekend with no plans (yea!).

JFT Tuesday

Up / Shower / Makeup / Hair / Work by 8:00 (No ball cap today): :)
    Check in of MFP :)
    1L of water before soda
    10K steps
    20-30 min walk at work
    Meet flooring guy for delivery
    Lunch <300 cal
    Take daughter to track meet
    WALK or run or combo at least 3 miles
    Laundry, it's piling up after a weekend away
    Clean floors (maybe)
    Dinner within calorie allotment
    No snacks after dinner

Positive thought: No one can steal your joy unless you allow it. Choose happiness.
    There are times when choosing happiness is beyond us, but it is something we should all strive for.