JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

@maryrobinson40 Big hugs to you! Thank you so much, you are always so uplifting!

@PackerFanInGB I'm so sorry for everything you are going through right now. Please don't beat yourself up about slip ups, there is only so much weight one can carry on their shoulders.

@Bex953172 Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you.

Yesterday 4/30:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Workout after work😁
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    6. Relax😑 kind of

JFT 5/1:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Figure out dinner
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    6. Relax

Awh thank you!
    Are your dogs alright now after their big escape? X
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Ok, changing my JFT 5/1 bc I joined a challenge and I want to start it on the right foot.

JFT 5/1
    1 hour of intense exercise
    30 minutes gentle exercise
    stay in the green
    5 servings fruit/veg
    all meals at home
    Stretching/hot bath/self care
    no alcohol
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,372 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Tuesday

Up / Shower / Makeup / Hair / Work by 8:00 (No ball cap today): :)
    Check in of MFP :)
    1L of water before soda :smiley:
    10K steps :) 12,687
    20-30 min walk at work :( Just didn't work out
    Meet flooring guy for delivery :smile:
    Lunch <300 cal :smile: Actually I skipped lunch because my tummy was rumbly
    Take daughter to track meet :smile:
    WALK or run or combo at least 3 miles :smile: 3.1
    Laundry, it's piling up after a weekend away :smile: 2.5 loads (one is still in the dryer)
    Clean floors (maybe) :neutral: Picked up & turned on the Rhoomba downstairs, but didn't do upstairs
    Dinner within calorie allotment :smiley: Ate a little more than planned, but still well within goal
    No snacks after dinner :smile: Tummy still rumbly.

JFT Wednesday
    - Weigh in for 10 day challenge: :smiley: 133.8 Artificial low as I was sick last night.
    - Work by 8:00 :smile: 7:45
    - Check in on MFP :smiley:
    - Organize my day at work so that everything gets done.
    - Lunch <300cal
    - Walk 20 - 30 min at work
    - At least 10K steps
    - Home by 5:00
    - Another 1-2 loads of laundry
    - Clean floors & stairs
    - Go to church to lead youth group with hubby.
    - Dinner stay in green
    - No snacks after dinner
    - Bed by 11:00

Yesterday was weird. Productive but weird. My mind just wouldn't stay on task, but somehow everything got done. I started feeling bad at work and was dog tired by the time I got home. I wanted nothing more than to curl up on the couch and watch TV. Instead, I took kiddo to watch her friends at the track meet. She really just wanted to hang out, but her room was clean and her homework was done so it was ok. While she was there I headed back home. I had about and hour fifteen before I had to go back to get her. The couch was calling me. The laundry was calling me. Instead I decided to go for a walk/run because it was one of my goals. I was proud of myself for not giving up on my goal.

Funny story about that... I changed very quickly as I had planned a 40-60 minute 5k walk/run. I warmed up walking and then decided to run a segment. That is when I realized I didn't change my bra to a sports bra. I have an ample chest so that just won't do. I guess my walk/run will just be a walk and given my pace about 50min long. That will cut it close for getting home in time, maybe hubby will pick her up. Nope, as I was heading back to the house, he was running the other way. Well, at least he blew me a kiss.

After I picked up V, my gastro issues returned. Kind of sucked, but it wasn't so bad that I couldn't do some chores. It was a long day and a long night, but my weight was at a new low of 133.8 this morning. I know its an artificial low from not eating much and from being dehydrated, but I still liked seeing it.

Positive thought: If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,372 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 So glad to see you back. I was beginning to worry. You know the route to a healthy life style and now you are recommitted. Nothing can stop you, but you. Much love!

@HEGoddard0928 Wow that's a lot of new, but potentially wonderful stuff you've got going on. Best of luck!

@Faebert Don't forget to take care of you and find time to rest. It will make the rest more manageable.

@Snowflake1968 The scale may lie, but your clothes don't. Great job!

@maryrobinson40 Thank you for bringing a little light into my day. I wish I could do the same for you. Grief has no rules.

@wannabeskinnycat I don't think I welcomed you. Howdy!

@The Rest Of You... Thank you for your support through my crazy lows.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys, do you teach in an IB program? So many of the things you mention sound familiar!

I do not - I'm in a public high school. I do have some honors students but we don't have AP or IB classes in my department.

I'm impressed that you are using Socratic methodology with them and that you are teaching them about things like Likert scales.

I was in a meeting the other day with 30 professionals, some nearly retirement age, and most people were completely confused by a Likert scale. :)
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU BACK!!!! I missed you so much!!! I am super happy to read that LO is doing well and has a clean bill of health! And that it seems like your marriage is getting back on track. That is really important. I want to hug you so badly! Lol. WELCOME BACK, MY FRIEND!

I'm happy to be back!! I've missed you all!!

<virtual hugs> 🤗
  • MLHC1
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @MLHC1
    I cant tell you how much its good to see you back!! I was always hoping youd come back!
    Im so glad your little boy is doing so well!
    Its great to see you posting again! You have been missed!

Thank you!! I've missed you all too!!

I'm sorry to hear you are having a rough time. Hang in there, it gets better!! I'm here if ya need to chat. :wink:
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tueaday April 30 - DETERMINED
    2L of water - :)
    Calories in green - :/
    Walk 1 Mile - :)
    Plank Challenge - :o 100 squats again
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 1/5 unless veggie gravy from New York Fries counts
    Only 1 evening Snack - :) None
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - :) I'm saying no, because I was disappointed with my food but it was to make my friend happy so, I think I chose correctly.

JFT - Wednesday May 1- DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

Rodger went to work today, he says he's still not feeling well so he may come home early.

I bought a new pair of jeans yesterday, size 12 and a new pair of pj pants size large. I have been putting this off for some time, but couldn't handle it anymore.

My friend asked me to take her to Costco and I agreed, when we were leaving she asked me if I would share a poutine with her, I had already had supper and reluctantly agreed but told her it wouldn't be half that I would eat. We stood in line to get it and they couldn't make poutine because their cheese curds were frozen. She really wanted poutine so we went to New York Fries. She bought me a small poutine because their sizes are small... I added it in last night when I got home and it was 710 calories which along with the coffee she had bought for me too, put me in the red by 490 something. I danced and walked in the living room and got it down to 192 calories in the red. She is also losing weight, so far since 2016 she has lost 70lbs, she said she didn't know why she was craving poutine so bad last night.

Today is my Mom's birthday, I am hoping someone sends me a picture of her. She is 73, my Grandfather used to tell me she came in a May basket.

There are 4 pages of posts since I checked in yesterday I'll start reading those and commenting. I need to finish the book from Sarah today, it has been an eye opener in many ways but it's been some hard reading learning about financial planning. I am not going to retire until I'm 90 I think.

The Grands come tonight and I want to do some cleaning today so I have to get at it.

• MLHC1
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Tuesday JFT:

✔▪Bake chocolate chip cookies for school function
    ✔▪Regular kiddo morning
    ✔▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ✔▪Pick up groceries
    ✔▪Breakfast
    ✔▪Pre-log food
    ✔▪Sch. LO 15 mth dr appt
    ✔▪Devotional Time
    ✔▪Make plans for Stats Exam
    ✔▪BB-Wkout (1 DVD exercise)
    ✔▪Lunch
    ✔▪Regular kiddo afternoon
    ✔▪Gym
    ✔▪Dinner
    ✔▪Evening schedule

Day 2 of my 6-Day Slim Down!! My biggest goal today---> Resist eating the cookies I baked this morning (there was a batch leftover, I think I'm going to give them to my hubby to take to work.)

I resisted freshly bake homemade chocolate chip cookies!!!!!!! If I can do that, anything is possible!!

@mytime6630 Correct, 4 boys! 😁

@korina75 Thank you for the inspiring message. I've learned that at the 10 yr mark in a relationship you can overcome the issues and grow together or grow apart. I'm choosing to do the work and keep this "train on the tracks"!! 😊

Thank you all for the support!! Hello to everyone, I hope you all have a blessed day today!!!!

Wednesday JFT:

▪Regular kiddo morning
    ▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ▪Pick up groceries
    ▪Breakfast
    ▪Pre-log food
    ▪Devotional Time
    ▪Complete Stats Exam
    ▪BB-Wkout (1 DVD exercise)
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Regular kiddo afternoon
    ▪Gym
    ▪Dinner
    ▪Evening schedule
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys, do you teach in an IB program? So many of the things you mention sound familiar!

I do not - I'm in a public high school. I do have some honors students but we don't have AP or IB classes in my department.

I'm impressed that you are using Socratic methodology with them and that you are teaching them about things like Likert scales.

I was in a meeting the other day with 30 professionals, some nearly retirement age, and most people were completely confused by a Likert scale. :)

WHAT? It's not that complicated. Like, AT ALL. I would expect that it could be used with elementary school kids.

... unless I'm wrong and what I'm doing isn't a Likert scale... *goes to Google* Nope, apparently I'm right! Now, in fairness, because I'll be using it to generate discussion, I took out the 'neutral' option, hahaha! And I gave them five minutes to do it IN SILENCE. Noooo talking! We'll get to discuss it LATER. Here are some of the prompts:
    fu0qeawb0yh7.png
    4yqbafdpmf9x.png
    gog2nd6oyzwa.png
    jbvfzcj2sdfw.png

The first prompt is A and the last one is M. It's intriguing to me how I almost never have anyone notice the similarity between them... and I often get different responses! ;D

I'm thinking of having them write about the similarity and difference of the following two statements to initiate a discussion about the WAY the statements are presented:

1. Anyone who wears braces will have straight teeth.
    2. People who don't have straight teeth have not worn braces.
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Yesterday I was easily in the green by 250. No exercise so I wasn't hungry for snacks.

Just read an insightful article on what Vitamin B-12 deficiencies can cause. Anxiety, fatigue, aphasia, misdiagnosis of fibromayalgia and multiple sclerosis and more. The Wall Street Journal article went on to say that 5-20% of women are deficient and it can take years to get a diagnosis. It's especially found in vegan and vegetarians. Eggs, milk, tuna are all listed and non-red meat sources of B-12. Onto today.

JFT 5/1/19
    Pre-track to 1600 calories
    Walk with friends for 50 minutes around our community reservoir (2.7 miles)
    Make phone calls for board development (non-profit I work for on a probono basis)
    Go to the hardware store and get wasp traps, etc.
    Wash car
    No snacking or wine after dinner
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,515 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your messages and support. Things are fine, life just got really busy & I needed/wanted a break from computers & logging. Now I'm ready to recommit.

Welcome to so many newbies! This thread is wonderful for support & accountability without judgment.

High-fives to those who are steamrolling ahead. @Snowflake1968 I'm behind reading posts, and can't wait to read about pants falling down.

Hugs to all who are struggling. <3 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Phil. 4:6-7)

JFT 5/1 W ~ Raining so no dog walk before work & workplace lunchtime bike ride today is canceled.
    1) X-trained [weights/circuit] before work (first time since 4/12, unless spring cleaning counts) :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Re-establish prelogging meals & snacks / ignore food in dept. today for someone's bday ~ fortunately donuts not my favs & cheesecake out of sight in fridge / net calories zero / 14c water (low on water during hiatus) / NO Easter candy in evening / need to re-establish meal plans too
    4) Update April goals (not good :p ) and post May goals
    5) Update April step challenge (wow, since 4/13)
    6) Think out food plans for Thurs. Just found out we will have food day in office tomorrow, and my schedule already has evening choir social (with food) for last rehearsal of the season. Make/bake something for both.
    7) UNPLUG 9:00 (last night was 10) / floss (started again last night :# ) / retainers (TIGHT last night ~ what I get for skipping) / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog Th before work ~ fingers crossed no rain)
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98 I love you darling sister. I see you making great strides, even though
    they may seem little to you at times. You deal with a lot, but I'm proud of you!
    You're showing up, posting and sharing your journey with us and that's huge!!
    I don't comment on your shares most times out of respect. I can't say that I
    fully understand what you go through, and it's in those places that I say a quiet
    prayer. I love you, and I care and I want to be supportive to you and everyone
    on here. Hugs💕
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    You dont want to end up like me at the moment! If you want to strong for them, then you need to look after yourself too!!

Hugs to you Bex! You doing OK? I know you are super busy with the move and all. I am so far behind on catching up on all the posts ... just sending you a big hug, and hope you are doing OK.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Tues.
    1. LOG ALL FOOD :)
    2. Eat packed lunch :)
    3. Start waters now >:)
    4. Rinse out smoothie travel cup :)
    5. Cook dinner at home :)
    6. Empty/fill dishwasher :)
    7. Bed by 9:30 :)

whoops this has been sitting here all day thought I posted?!

JFT Weds
    1. Log all food
    2. Sensible lunch
    3. Cook dinner at home
    4. Run dishwasher
    5. Stop at bank
    6. Realtor @ 6:15
    7. Bed by 9:30
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,515 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    April Goals / Results:
    • Walk dog 4-5x per week = Due to weather (can't decide if it's spring or winter), spring cleaning & chest cold, not as many walks as dog or I would like. Past four weeks walked 4x, 3x, 4x & 2x. Two workplace lunchtime walks (one on trails looking for plants, but weather too cold). Total 58.44 miles per MapMyWalk app.
    • X-train 1-2x per week = Only 2x all month. I will count spring cleaning since I was very active 2 1/2 days doing that.
    • Rest days no more than 2x per week = All weeks good but one week due to my chest cold.
    • Continue 5 somethings every bathroom trip = While logging on MFP & JFT, did this. On hiatus, not so much.
    • Prelog food most days / flexible to changes / reduce after-supper snacking / close MFP diary every day except Easter 4/21 (family dinner at our house), maybe Palm Sunday 4/14 if breakfast buffet at church = April was a bust: did not close food log 14 days. When still logging I usually prelogged. Evening snacking still an issue.
    • Net calories w/i 100 of zero > 75% of days (23/30) & meet fiber/protein goals = Per MFP Net Calories Report for past 30 days, I was w/i 100 of zero on ten days. Didn't bother to check fiber & protein numbers. Much room for improvement.
    • Take measurements T 4/30 before work & log on MFP = Done & reality of choices above reflected.
    • Scale goal 157# = 162.5

May Goals:
    • Walk dog 4-5x per week
    • X-train 1-2x per week (build & tone muscles)
    • Rest days no more than 2x per week
    • Continue 5 somethings every bathroom trip
    • Prelog food most days / plan meals ahead / stop snacking after supper / close MFP diary every day except: May 19 (benefit for cousin with cancer) & May 26 (youngest niece's HS grad party)
    • Net calories w/i 100 of zero > 75% of days (24/31) & meet fiber/protein goals
    • Take measurements 5/31 F or 6/1 Sat. & log on MFP
    • Scale goal 155# (workplace health assessment is in 40 days & want weight back down)

Today ~ Smile ~ Laugh ~ Be Kind ~ <3 ~ Eat Well ~ Be Active