Options
    jan110144 wrote: »

1. Riding lesson :smile:
    2. Haircut :smile:
    3. Health club ... weigh and pool :smile:
    4. Try again to get bathrooms cleaned! :smile:
    5. Back exercises :smile:
    6. After dinner walk, if it is not raining :smile:
    7. Come back here to read posts and respond. It is nice to see such an active thread, but having some problems keeping up and getting to know people. :smile:

Yesterday actually went as planned ... amazing!

5/2

1. Van for oil change
    2. Ride
    3. Health club - strength training
    4. Dog to vet
    5. Dust and vacuum downstairs
    6. Walk after dinner if not raining
    7. Planks and back exercises
    8. Get back here to read posts
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Thursday JFT:

▪Regular kiddo morning
    ▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ▪Breakfast
    ▪Pre-log food
    ▪Devotional Time
    ▪Final Exam Prep (Stats)
    ▪BB-Wkout (1 DVD exercise)
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Regular kiddo afternoon
    ▪Gym
    ▪Dinner
    ▪Evening schedule

@littleblackshirt Thank you for the thoughtful words and motivation!! I think your perspective on that! 😊

Time for a new day!!!! Stay positive and focused today!!

I wish everyone to have a blessed day!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Wow I completely forgot to post this morning as went out to my 6:30am gym class and then straight into work. Super hectic day as my assistant is off sick (again) this week! Tonight my good friend who is 9mths pregnant with her first is coming over and we are going to cook loads of meals for her freezer for when baby arrives. Should be fun but need to be mindful of all the ‘tasting’! Last night I got into the snacking but today I’m back on track and feel good.

Wednesday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - take snacks and shake to work ✅
    - early to work - staff choir ✅
    - lunchtime meeting ✅
    - planning time - email F parents, check meeting schedule and call conveyancer again. Veg snacks only! Water! ✅
    - cash for piano teacher ✅
    - put away laundry ✅
    - bed by 9:30 ❎ if I’d done this I would have avoided the snacks 😕

Thursday goals:
    - morning warrior class ✅ 💪
    - Take baguette and cheese to school for France lesson ✅
    - Water ✅ loads already!
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake
    - leave by 4:45
    - Cooking with N
    - Girls hair wash
    - Bed by 10

Catch up with you all later on x
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

I'm proud of myself for overcoming the negative emotions I've felt all day. Last night my hubby and I went to bed arguing and guess what, woke up arguing. That doesn't motivate me very well!! I just kept reviewing my devotional learning everytime I begin to drift off to negative thoughts. I managed to succeed with my will power and God's grace today!!!!
    ⬆️typed this right before my hubby came home, and now.........

Low and behold, the first words from him once he arrived home after 9 pm: Him: "Hey, I had to fire 2 of my guys today."
    Me: "Well do you want to tell me about it before or after your shower?"
    Him: "I just wanted to tell you as soon as I saw you to let you know what kind of day I've had, just in case you're wanting to argue with me."
    My response: I tell myself to be patient and kind, I also just kept to myself. Not to encouraging but I'm going to try to keep my head up anyways (even though my heart hurts).

Great work on overcoming the negative emotions!
    I am with my hubby for about 7 years and I still haven't really figured out the whole marriage thing, and we still have bad periods from time to time, but we did have a big positive switch when I realized that the only person whose behavior I can change in our marriage is - me.
    I can't make myself feel more loved by him, even if I force him, it would mean nothing because I have forced him. The most I can do is make him feel more loved by me (by doing things that he perceives as expressions of love). It's my part of a deal. The other part is outside my control ( if I decide to stay in the "deal", ofcourse).
    It doesn't sound cool, it's not very empowering, but it's what I came up to so far - the only thing we can do (men, women, irrelevant) is to be the best partners we can, despite the fact that the other side is sometimes pain in the a**. Sometimes it can create positive momentum.

@Faebert Sounds like a lovely evening! You are a good friend!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. AM run - aim for 4 miles, <60 min. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Print detail roster for presentation notes. Get T-shirt. Make grading plan.
    3. Class 1-2: Presentations. If time: make-up work. Thursday: Likert return & ch 1.
    4. Planning: A - Draft essay. B - Call parents. Call representatives. Duo. C - Look for Likert articles. D - Research essays. Fill out honors form and turn in.
    5. Class 4: Begin Scarlet Ibis.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Quiz. Essay work. Chop celery. Pack lunch. DID YOU DO THE QUIZ? Get help calculating presentation grades.
    8. Gratitude journal. Read 10 pages each of Cafeteria and Cross-Training. Walk?
    9. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Lang8 post. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00. Update Goodreads Friday.

JFT Thursday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: Update first directions. Update class websites. Pull Likert scale and chapter 1 questions. Check grading.
    3. Class 1-2: Likert scale; discussion; chapter 1 reading & questions. Return work while students work.
    4. Planning: A - Grade & enter homework. B - Grade one-pagers and enter. C - Meet with J about uploads. D - Enter presentation grades. DRAFT ESSAY.
    5. Class 4: Illiteracy / Scarlet Ibis reading guide.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. SL A-day. Walk to 10k at park. Pack lunch. Read 6 pages of Cafeteria, 10 of Cross-training. Update Goodreads.
    8. Pizza? Check grocery list. Proofread essay and submit.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00. Alarm set for 6:40.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 188.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. Lifting again today. Saturday is going to be interesting; we'll get back at about 5 AM, so I don't know if I'll be going to the Y or not. Then at 4 PM I have to do some paperwork for my rehire. And of course I still don't have my essay done for this week.

Positive thought: Tomorrow is the field trip!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys, do you teach in an IB program? So many of the things you mention sound familiar!

I do not - I'm in a public high school. I do have some honors students but we don't have AP or IB classes in my department.

I'm impressed that you are using Socratic methodology with them and that you are teaching them about things like Likert scales.

I was in a meeting the other day with 30 professionals, some nearly retirement age, and most people were completely confused by a Likert scale. :)

WHAT? It's not that complicated. Like, AT ALL. I would expect that it could be used with elementary school kids.

... unless I'm wrong and what I'm doing isn't a Likert scale... *goes to Google* Nope, apparently I'm right! Now, in fairness, because I'll be using it to generate discussion, I took out the 'neutral' option, hahaha! And I gave them five minutes to do it IN SILENCE. Noooo talking! We'll get to discuss it LATER. Here are some of the prompts:
    fu0qeawb0yh7.png
    4yqbafdpmf9x.png
    gog2nd6oyzwa.png
    jbvfzcj2sdfw.png

The first prompt is A and the last one is M. It's intriguing to me how I almost never have anyone notice the similarity between them... and I often get different responses! ;D

I'm thinking of having them write about the similarity and difference of the following two statements to initiate a discussion about the WAY the statements are presented:

1. Anyone who wears braces will have straight teeth.
    2. People who don't have straight teeth have not worn braces.

Ah, those pesky questions of reliability and validity! :)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Wednesday:
    1. weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps :) 11,859
    3. drink 8+ C liquids :)
    4. go to gym :( took car to shop for diagnosis and they would not let me leave with it because one of the wheels was about to fall off...walked home though, so I got steps!
    5. no social eating at work :)
    6. walk on at least one work break :( did not get any breaks, crazy day
    7. do grocery shopping/food prep :) kind of, went to only store I can walk to
    8. go to bed early :(

Thursday:
    1. weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. drink 8+ C liquids :)
    4. enjoy healthy potluck at work
    5. walk on at least one work break
    6. go to bed early
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am very grateful to be retired. Managing household, children, relationships and work is so much work and then to add taking care of yourself - WOW it's impressive. All of you in this thread are doing it! My days are mostly spent caring for family (grandchildren and elderly mothers) and getting outdoors for sanity and exercise.

I need to start writing down what I say my JFT goals are. Yesterday I got side tracked researching and then making appointments with Physical Therapists for post surgery. Good news was I was nearly 400 calories in the green and the scale is showing results. Yeah!

JFT 5/2/19
    Do what I didn't do yesterday :#
    Plan weekend meals (son from Chicago is in town <3 for the weekend and family dinner on Saturday)
    Already pre-tracked 1600 calorie day
    Class at the gym at 8:05 or other 1 hour activity
    Spend part of the day with my mom
    No snacking or wine after dinner
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    JFT -

I was so frustrated at supper last night, I made Shake n Bake chicken legs. I know that Rodger has said he doesn't care for chicken anymore, but I didn't have much else in the house to make. So he says he doesn't like it, Jonah says he doesn't like it, then of course Michaela who was eating away decides she doesn't like it. I was frustrated with the works of them and told them I'm not making supper anymore. Of course, this isn't the truth, but I sure felt like it. How does a 54 year old man decide he doesn't care for something? Is there a medical condition that could be affecting taste buds? I'm not sure what to feed him and I'm frustrated trying to figure it out truthfully.

This has happened to me! I have found that my family can handle two / three chicken dinners a week. I have to get creative with my chicken recipes though. Then I alternate using ground turkey, fish and red meat for the other meals. We probably eat red meat meals 2 or 3 times a month. I've actually used some recipes from MFP blogs and they've turned out well (I change them a little according to my family's likes). Good luck!! It can be tough when you work hard to prepare a meal just so everyone complains. Shake it off, we all spoil our family's when you cook at home even if they dont recognize it! 😊
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Weds
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Sensible lunch :)
    3. Cook dinner at home >:)
    4. Run dishwasher :)
    5. Stop at bank :)
    6. Realtor @ 6:15 >:) She forgot!
    7. Bed by 9:30 :)

So between TOM and a supposed meeting with realtor to discuss and sign on land purchase, I was a ball of nerves. So I'm STILL a ball of nerves because the sellers realtor forgot about our meeting and we had to reschedule for today. I did good at lunch, ordered shrimp tacos and coleslaw and even skipped the bread! But DH was stressed about the missed meeting, and we just could not agree on dinner. We ended up getting fish and chips - forunately for us his mother joined us for dinner so we all shared. I'm on the down swing of my motivation right now, and thats okay! Learning how to ride these waves a bit better, not getting sucked under and thrashed about when things inevitably get tough. Just gotta press on!

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Cook dinner at home - meatballs and ravs?
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Empty dishwasher
    5. Load of laundry!!!
    6. Realtor @ 6:15
    7. Bed by 9:30
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,514 Member
    Options
    Recap 5/1 W ~ Raining so no dog walk before work & workplace lunchtime bike ride today is canceled.
    1) X-trained [weights/circuit] before work (first time since 4/12, unless spring cleaning counts) :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = I was dragging by evening & didn't move as much as I wanted. Fitbit 7,478 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! & 35 floors. :neutral:
    3) Re-establish prelogging meals & snacks / ignore food in dept. today for someone's bday ~ fortunately donuts not my favs & cheesecake out of sight in fridge / net calories zero / 14c water (low on water during hiatus) / NO Easter candy in evening / need to re-establish meal plans too = Really need to start planning meals. Supper was a little of this & that. Net calories -302 :( , sodium green :smile: , sugar -20, fiber & protein excellent & 12 water.
    4) Update April goals (not good :p ) and post May goals = done :smile:
    5) Update April step challenge (wow, since 4/13) = done & joined May challenge :smile:
    6) Think out food plans for Thurs. Just found out we will have food day in office tomorrow, and my schedule already has evening choir social (with food) for last rehearsal of the season. Make/bake something for both. = Just not in the mood. Planned to bring chips & salsa to work, and juice/punch that I signed up for in evening. :neutral:
    7) UNPLUG 9:00 (last night was 10) :s 9:30 / floss (started again last night :# ) :s / retainers (TIGHT last night ~ what I get for skipping) :s / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog Th before work ~ fingers crossed no rain) :/ 10:43

JFT 5/2 R ~ Forced myself out of bed after 2 snooze alarms & left later than I like for walk so no time to stretch after. Heard lots of turkeys and saw/heard beautiful cardinal singing in the tops of trees. Sure wish the dreary, cold weather would end. Yesterday our high temp was 20 degrees below normal. On walk, I remembered fruit to use up & once home made easy fruit salad for work food day. Big improvement over chips & salsa. Only put me 10 min. behind getting to work. :p
    1) Walked dog before work 3.23 mi 58:58 = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Be selective & small portions of food at work celebration & choir social this evening / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Complete summary pages for O/I/SOP sections
    5) Evening: prayer service 6:00 / choir 6:30 / wash dishes / other to-do's?
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set/verify early alarm, BED & TV OFF 10:20 (walk dog before work F)