JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,811 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 - CONGRATULATIONS- I am so incredibly happy for you. I understand why so many women wait until after the first trimester to tell the world, but I couldn’t do it. I told everyone I met whether they wanted to hear it or not.

@PackerFanInGB - I’m sorry to hear your family is in turmoil, I hope things settle for you soon. All you can do is take care of you.

@mytime6630 - I hope your son realizes what he has gotten himself into sooner rather than later. I remember when he first started seeing this woman that you were concerned it was too fast. I think an evening with your husband is just what you both needed.

@bookmeister86 - I so hope you get the job of your dreams, you deserve it after putting up with this one for so long.

@Bex953172 - they paid a fortune for their photographer and videographer. I think his Mother actually paid for it. It was the number one priority for Kaitlyn and she was incredible. There is a video posted now, I’ll share the link in a bit. I love that you want to get married in Vegas, I have never been but it’s cheaper for me to fly there than it is to fly to NB in Canada!

@nlmackey98 - I missed you all too and felt I was missing out. I just didn’t have enough hours in the day! I’m glad you got a bike ride in and I’m happy to see you are not pushing yourself so hard. I think that’s a hard line to tread because I need to push myself harder. We’ll get there when we get there!

@Faebert - I’m happy to read about your mid week dates. I hope it helps your relationship.

Everyone else - I know there was a lot happening and I have read it all but can’t remember it all.

I slept for almost 12 hours straight last night and am thinking of a nap this afternoon! I have been burning the candle at both ends and just need to get caught up on rest.

I’ve missed you!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,387 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    JFT 2019

Goals for Sat 13/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds πŸ˜„
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros πŸ˜„
    • follow through πŸ˜„
    • Hydration πŸ˜„

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps πŸ˜„
    • 10 mins strength 😏 8 mins
    • 10 mins flexibility 😁

OTHER:
    • Meditation
    • Laundry 😁
    • Sort Hobbies room floor ->->->
    • Crochet: Still working on the cardigan for next week 😁 Coming along nicely.
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder 😁
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread 😁

Goals for Sun 14/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh in/Post in JGM10Ds
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros
    • Make sensible choices at family buffet
    • Hydration

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps
    • 10 mins strength
    • 10 mins flexibility

OTHER:
    • Meditation
    • Afternoon: attend grandson’s birthday celebration
    • Morning: sort out clothes for packing for vacation next Saturday.
    • Crochet: Work on the cardigan for next week
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Sooo it was Marleys birthday today so shes 3 now!

We went to my MILs who put on a mini party buffet for her and made a cake, and we opened her presents there.

Here are some pics for those interested! (Excuse my hair, its seriously overdue a haircut by about a YEAR!)
    33iof4r0aanl.jpg

arpteeh2tvbr.jpg

b4y011hqkohy.jpg

u58aij4i9sb7.jpg

And this is Casey as of today.., cant really call her a baby anymore can i LOL!

2sawljik9zq5.jpg

OMG! Bex!! You're family is beautiful and you are gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for sharing these! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARLEY
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Happy Birthday Marley! @Bex953172 you look amazing.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98 Thank you for thinking of me! I've missed you guys too.
    @maryrobinson40 I think about you often girl! I was glad to see your post. You are a rockstar on this board! I hope you know that!

So things are going at home I guess. Matt is currently down for the count with a cold that I am starting to get over. I started working again on Tuesday. I am working with the ESY(Extended School Year) program for my district. It runs until Aug 8th. The pay is really poor but at least it's something. This is currently the only money we have coming in at the moment. But most of our bills are paid for the month and my church's food pantry is tomorrow morning.

Matt has his followup with the gastro on Wednesday. We are going to bring his return to work form with us. We're hoping that the doc will fill it out. Matt is going to meet with his boss on Monday or Tuesday to talk about next steps with his job. We are thinking that Matt should step down from his supervisor position and just stay as a full-time associate for now. We don't think that the responsibility is helping him at all right now. And there is always the chance that he will get it again later on down the road. So we'll see what happens with that. But if all of my praying friends could send up a couple of healing prayers for him we would really appreciate it.

I know that I probably haven't even been meeting my minimum calorie goal the last week or two. There isn't much food in the house at the moment. At least not things that Matt can eat anyway. And plus with all the stress and things I just haven't had much of a desire to really cook or anything. I have to make dinner tonight though! I just have to!

I've also been working on getting ready to write a new story that I have hanging out in the back of my mind. So that has been a kind of respite from everything else going on right now.

Anyway, that's what's been going on in our lives at the moment.
    @HEGoddard0928 Awww... I love you bunchesπŸ’• You hang on in there!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 14 July

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I didn't post at all yesterday but it was a decent day. Today we are going out for our anniversary (it was Wednesday but we were both exhausted that day).

@Snowflake1968 such beautiful photos!

@HEGoddard0928 big hugs!

Friday 7/12:

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😞

JFT 7/14:

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within 1600 calories
    3. Do workout
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 kaitlyns vows had me tearing up. How special is their love?! Thank you for sharing!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    @Bex953172 happy birthday Marley!!! Such cute photos! Ive heard lots of your MILs cakes and they sure are beautiful!!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    JFT Sat
    1. Be kind βœ”
    2. Water! βœ”
    3. Log all food βœ”
    4. Get hot tub chems to refill check
    5. Grocery list πŸ‘Ž
    6. Aldi trip? πŸ‘Ž
    7. Ice cream date! βœ”
    8. QT with DH βœ” had a nice dinner together before ice cream date

JFT Sat
    1. Be kind
    2. Water!
    3. Log all food
    4. Dinner with my parents
    5. Grocery list
    6. Lake to see pats mom
    7. Reasonable lunch
    8. Bed by 10
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Sunday 14 July

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @Bex953172 lovely photos from Marley's birthday. Thank you for posting them.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,387 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    JFT 2019

Goals for Sun 14/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh in/Post in JGM10Ds 😁
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros 😁
    • Make sensible choices at family buffet 😁
    • Hydration 😁

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps
    • 10 mins strength 😏 8 mins
    • 10 mins flexibility πŸ˜•

OTHER:
    • Meditation 😁
    • Afternoon: attend grandson’s birthday celebration 😁
    • Morning: Start to sort out clothes for packing for vacation next Saturday. 😁
    • Crochet: Work on the cardigan for next week 😁
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder 😁
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread 😁

Goals for Mon 15/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh in/Post in JGM10Ds
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros
    • Make sensible choices at family buffet
    • Hydration

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps
    • 10 mins strength
    • 10 mins flexibility

OTHER:
    • Meditation
    • Morning: continue to sort out clothes for packing for vacation next Saturday.
    • Crochet: Work on the cardigan for next week
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Chop celery. Duo.
    2. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Practice song.
    3. Set up online discussions - homework Day 1 is to sign in. Finish "Discussions" blog post. Leave for garden by 1:50. D list: Groceries. Return WF. (Pick up shoes from LW?)
    4. Practice sheet music. Read Delusions of Gender & update Goodreads.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

Monday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Toe stretches! What's for lunch/dinner?
    2. Leave for school by 10:00. Get shoes from LW. Lifting. D: Publix. Butcher Tuesday.
    3. Publish a blog post. Put jewelry away. Practice sheet music. Return WF.
    4. Dinner with B? Portion beef stew. Bartending course. Set up online discussions; students will choose 6-digit usernames.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.
    8. MM audition July M-T July 22-23. Ask about how to support new AP. Set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates (check last term's plans for unit length). Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: MM auditions 6/22-23. Practice songs.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. So, today my body decided to get caught up on sleep. My nap lasted longer than I thought it would but it was totally worth it!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 7-13-19
    1. Up at 630 πŸ˜€
    2. Church around 7πŸ˜€
    3. Put food awayπŸ˜€
    4. Bring back garbage can :(
    5. DO THE F**** DISHES :DI did MOST of them before I ran out of hot water, I just have a few more things left and I will do them AS SOON AS I GET HOME FROM WORK!
    6. Look up recipes with zucchini :(I ended up taking a 3 hr nap and totally forgot about this
    7. Do 2 character sheets :(I did half of one. My characters just weren't speaking to me yesterday
    8. Start reading new book :DKinda. I ended up borrowing a new audiobook online but it was not the one I meant for this task. Lol

It's 5:44 and I've already been awake for 2 hours and school doesn't start for another 2.5 hours. The last two days I've been dealing with teeth/mouth pain(more mouth though). I have a rotted and broken wisdom tooth in the top left corner of my mouth and I'm pretty sure that another piece broke off but now the sharpness where the break happened is digging into my gum and irritating it. The last few days about a 1/3 of the roof of my mouth has been swollen and hurts pretty bad. Tylenol is seeming to help some but I can't go to the dentist because we just can afford it right now. And DEFINITELY cant get any tooth extracted. So I'm just going to have to deal with it for now. I think the most annoying thing is that it's affecting my ear and my throat as well. If anyone can give me some at-home remedies to bring down swelling in the mouth I would greatly appreciate it!

So between the mouth pain and the 3-hour nap, I took yesterday afternoon I was pretty much a sloth all day. We picked up our friend and went to church though so that was good. He is like a second son to my mom and she is always so happy to see him. That always makes my heart smile when I get to bring him. He and I have a VERY long and pretty turbulent history but he is the one who introduced me to Matt and we all did A LOT of growing up over the last few years so the 3 of us are pretty much inseparable now.

Anyway! Lol. I hope everyone's morning is going well. I'll catch up later!

JFT, 7/15/19
    1. Actually log all my food!
    2. Work 815-1245
    3. Finish dishes!
    4. Walmart
    5. 1 character sheet
    6. Limit Twitter time(this has been killing my creativity)
    7. Start new book!
    8. Actually make dinner!
    9. Do the dishes right after!
    10. Spend some time unplugged with Matt
    11. Bed by 10:30
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Protein shake for lunch
    3. Drink 150oz water