JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 16 July

Sorry, I failed to post earlier in the day but my goals would have been the same as usual and I've met the all :)

@snowflake1968 we wait up for guests so that we can sleep knowing they are safely back and the house is secure. One time when we did not check the front door, we woke up to find a neighbouring cat under the dining table and the front door wide open! Fortunately the interloper had not left his mark and he ran away when confronted by our indoor cat! It just not worth the risk of a repeat incident. I'm off to bed early tonight as we don't have guests on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm going to post a few small goals for today as I am still getting over this cold.

JFT, 7/12/19

1. Attempt to log all my food😀
    2. Do some of the dishes😭
    3. Figure out what to make for dinner and actually make it😀
    4. Fold some laundry😀
    5. Go for a short walk to get some vitamin D😀
    6. Take a shower😀
    7. Be at the church by 8😀😑I got the time wrong...

JFT, 7-13-19
    1. Up at 630 😀
    2. Church around 7😀
    3. Put food away😀
    4. Bring back garbage can
    5. DO THE F**** DISHES
    6. Look up recipes with zucchini
    7. Do 2 character sheets
    8. Start reading new book

@HEGoddard0928 I LOVE YOU SISTER🌹
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Good morning! The last two days I've really struggled with eating, today I need to dial it back in. Friday is supposed to be our closing if the title company will send me the paperwork on time (sometime today).

Yesterday 7/15:

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😞
    5. Do workout😁

JFT 7/16

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Pick up dinner

Thats so exciting about your closing coming up!!! Congratulations!!!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Be kind ✔
    2. Water! ✔
    3. Log all food ✔
    4. Dont finish coffee if you dont want to ✔
    5. Grocery list and shop tonight 👎
    6. Sort recycling ✔
    7. Clean out fridge ✔
    8. Drain hot tub 👎
    9. Bed by 10 ✔

JFT Tues
    1. Be kind
    2. Water!
    3. Log all food
    4. Make Iced tea
    5. Meal prep breakfast sandwiches
    6. Make green chili
    7. Rest without guilt
    8. Drain hot tub
    9. Bed by 10
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,177 Member
    Options
    JFT 2019

Goals for Tue 16/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh in/Post in JGM10Ds 😄
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros 😄
    • follow through 😂
    • Hydration 😄

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps 😄 9000+
    • 10 mins strength 😁
    • 10 mins flexibility 🙂

OTHER:
    • Meditation 😌
    • Visit museum to see GoTs tapestry 😃 Spent so long at the museum that I scratched the packing prep!
    • afternoon : continue to sort out clothes for packing for vacation next Saturday.
    • Crochet: Work on the cardigan for next week 😄
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder 😄
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread 😄

Goals for Wed 17/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh in/Post in JGM10Ds
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros
    • Follow through
    • Hydration

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps
    • 10 mins strength
    • 10 mins flexibility

OTHER:
    • Meditation
    • Grocery shopping for weekend
    • afternoon : continue to sort out clothes for packing for vacation next Saturday.
    • Crochet: Work on the cardigan for next week
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,177 Member
    Options
    @bookmeister86 Don’t feel too bad. I fell off the wagon myself at the weekend as we were celebrating DGS’s birthday. I felt so uncomfortable and bloated that evening, and the weight shot up yesterday morning. It was mostly water weight though, so I had a light day and it’s almost down again this morning. Hopefully it will be the same for you.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Recap JFT 7/16

60 minutes exercise :)
    Stay within Calories :)
    Tackle house cleaning to relieve stress :s
    Self Care today means Healthy food choices :|

Made great choices all day until the bowling event tonight. Had two glasses of wine, fries, wings, and pizza! Didn't overeat but definitely not a salad. Had fun and enjoyed hanging out with my colleagues. Hoping for a good nights sleep so I can tackle some more on the to do list and also possibly get a swim in. Heat index of 107 tomorrow so thinking a swim will be a good way to work out and keep cool.

@Snowflake1968 Hope your hip feels better! I know you don't have as much time now but maybe a swim is in order? That always helps me on recovery days even though it's hard work it's just so much better on your joints.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys - I watch baking shows to zone out to as well. I hurt my hip in the bouncy house at the wedding. My best friend decided we are still 10 and should try it out. It had rained so it was slippery. The photographer asked that we move further back so she could get a better picture, when I went to move my left leg went out almost straight and I went down. The nurses at work think that I’ve pulled a muscle or tendon and need to give it more time to heal before I start walking. :(

@nlmackey98 - hi back at ya! How are you doing?

@zizzybumble - that makes perfect sense!

@korina75 - I was thinking the same thing! I need to go swimming, I don’t want to lose all I learned and I haven’t been since I finished my lessons.

I had a good work day today. I am going to have to pay attention to my food intake very closely, there seems to be something everyday that involves treats and food. The administrator told me today she has gained 15 lbs since she started in September.

Rodger fell asleep on the couch while I was taking a bath, I don’t have a problem with this, I fell asleep in the tub. I do have a problem with the show he is “watching”. It’s called The Butcher and I just don’t like seeing everything about how food is made and prepared. It also takes me back to my childhood when I had to go to a slaughterhouse with my Dad on occasion. I see this show and smell those smells! Ewwww.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. AM walk/run - 2 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Toe stretches! What's for lunch/dinner?
    2. Leave for school by 10:30. Lifting. Run to 10k. D: Fold laundry.
    3. Read Delusions and take notes. Publish a blog post. Call therapist and set up appointment for August.
    4. Coloring club and dinner with B. Continue bartending course. Create literature test. Practice sheet music.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Wednesday
    1. AM walk/run - 2 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Toe stretches! What's for lunch/dinner?
    2. Leave for school by 10:15. Lifting. Run to 10k. D: Fold laundry. Dishes.
    3. Transcribe notes on Goodreads. Put jewelry away. Practice sheet music. Publish a blog post. Call therapist and set up appointment for August.
    4. Continue bartending course. Continue literature test. Set up online discussions; students will choose 6-digit usernames.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. (I had a 2-hour nap, so this is gonna be flexible.)
    8. MM audition July M-T July 22-23. Ask about how to support new AP. Set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates (check last term's plans for unit length). Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: MM auditions 6/22-23. Practice songs.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. I'm having trouble writing. I think the problem is that I don't have enough supporting details to make / explain my points effectively.

@Snowflake1968 - *hugs* It can definitely take time to deal with injuries, and I am NOT the most patient person. I sprained my foot last fall and I'm still dealing with it :(
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Bekka4Lee wrote: »
    Hi everyone, my name is Bekka and I committed to working towards a healthier lifestyle yesterday. Someone on Twitter recommended that I find your group. I just wanted to say hi! 😊

HI BEKKA☺🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    Hey y'all. Have a great day!
    Hi! I love you! Big Hug!!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Hope everyone is doing well. Am just about to head to work and need to quickly post goals then dash. Ticking along ok here, missing my kids but only three more days of work till summer holidays! Went to the doctor yesterday as one knee is still full of fluid post injuries but she cleared me to carry on running if no pain. Hope it goes down soon - looks and feels slightly weird but at least there’s no pain.

Tuesday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅ 18km, 11 and a bit miles 😊
    - pack snacks and schoolbag✅
    - book room for cooking activity on arrival ✅
    - check interview timing with Head ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - call doctors ✅
    - call gym for kids’ induction ❎
    - leave by 5 ✅
    - prep for cooking lesson ✅
    - bed by 10❎

Wednesday goals:
    - laundry ✅
    - make spanakopita for work party tomorrow ✅
    - morning run ✅ 12km, 7+ miles 😊
    - pack snack, schoolbag and cooking lesson ingredients ✅
    - buy eggs on way to work
    - early to work - do printouts on arrival and pack into envelopes
    - staff choir 8:30am
    - planning time. Eat planned snack only
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - take down displays after work
    - leave by 5
    - groceries - buy Guinness cake ingredients
    - tan
    - make Guinness cake for staff party tomorrow
    - put away laundry
    - pack gym stuff
    - bed by 10

Have a lovely day everyone x
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Wednesday 17 July

I had a lie in this morning so the first goal of the day is get up,and get started! It's wet and windy out and I'm very snug sat in bed with a cup of tea!

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Protein shake for lunch 👍 I hate them, but I’m trying
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. Gym👍
    5. Meditate 👍

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Gym
    4. Meditate
    5. Protein shake for lunch
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 7/17

Tackle to do list
    60 minutes exercise
    Eat within Calories
    3 drinks only
    Drink lots of water
    Mostly healthy Choices

Good morning! Have two events today that could be sabotaging so going to plan ahead. One drink and healthy choices at lunch and two drinks and mostly healthy choices at dinner (plus birthday cake). Date day and a family birthday party which are both fun but I don't want to sabotage myself. Back at my pre vacation weight! It's really hot here right now, in the 100's so defnitely need to drink water to combat feeling sluggish. Going for a swim as part of my exercise today and may even do a walk/run if I get out there early enough. I've got some work to take care of today but otherwise it's a fairly light day which is nice. I have been going flat out since I got back and need a break. We have family party tonight, in laws coming for dinner tomorrow, friday night free, and then Saturday we have company coming into town. Sunday I am going to have ZERO on the calendar! We will just need a day of lazing around and binging tv/reading. I always need a day of lazy to look forward too. :D

Hope everyone has/had a fantastic day!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi all! So yesterday the bank and the title company were going back and forth with a draft closing disclosure, and I asked them if I needed to sign anything or if we are good for Friday. The bank said we should be good, so I guess we're going with that unless we hear otherwise. I can tell both of their offices are slammed busy.

@AJB1014 thank you!!

@Snowflake1968 thanks, I hope your hip feels better soon!

Yesterday 7/16:

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😞
    5. Pick up dinner😁

JFT 7/17:

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Workout after work
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @AJB1014 I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow and that you can soon settle into your new home.
  • AJB1014
    Options
    JFT Tues
    1. Be kind ✔
    2. Water! 👎
    3. Log all food ✔
    4. Make Iced tea ✔
    5. Meal prep breakfast sandwiches ✔
    6. Make green chili ✔
    7. Rest without guilt ✔
    8. Drain hot tub 👎