JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow and that you can soon settle into your new home.

@aubyshortcake is closing on her new home tomorrow :)
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: Β»
    @AJB1014 I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow and that you can soon settle into your new home.

@aubyshortcake is closing on her new home tomorrow :)

Thank you @AJB1014 I should concentrate on what I'm doing! Sorry @aubyshortcake - enjoy your new home!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Wednesday 17 July

I had a lie in this morning so the first goal of the day is get up,and get started! It's wet and windy out and I'm very snug sat in bed with a cup of tea!

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green >:) I make shortbread for the guests and there WERE 2 pieces remaining!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :) the weather improved late afternoon so I went for a walk
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge - think the shortbread counts as it was an indulgence :)

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Going to be celebrating my mother's 90th birthday tomorrow with family. We're taking her & grandkids to Matilda, will be hours of driving with a full vehicle. Going to bed early as possible tonight. Hoping all is smooth.
    Ortho told me mon that lt hip isn't ready for a replacement yet, there's still some cartilage there. It hurts most of the time with activity :o
    But this week eating more mindfully, cutting back on fruit and dairy. Determined to see a change down this month.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I haven't posted for a few days, as my eating hasn't been too great. I actually came on here yesterday and then couldn't make myself post as I knew I wasn't going to log properly!
    The family are back from their hols and the dog has gone home. I made a meal for us all which meant dessert, and was well over.
    @ZizzyBumble , I got a shock with shortbread! They brought me a pack of Scottish shortbread as a thank you for keeping the dog. My son and I ate it, and I didn't read the info on the box until it was all gone (I know, huge mistake!).....418 calories per small piece...so 3 pieces is more than my whole day's calories, no wonder I haven't lost this week!

I babysat for the whole day yesterday, I find it hard to carry him about for long now that he is heavy. I am angry with myself that I didn't lose weight before he was born, which I had intended to do and it just never happened. I wanted to be as fit as I could be, why didn't I make more effort?!

Anyway, better late than never

JFT Thursday 18th July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Walk with friend
    Stay positive, no complaining
    Visit parents
    Lift the big bag
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Thursday 19 July

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food πŸ‘Ž must stop junk food binging at night!
    2. Drink 150oz waterπŸ‘
    3. GymπŸ‘
    4. Meditate πŸ‘
    5. Protein shake for lunch πŸ‘

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 100oz water
    3. Leaving work early. Don’t go crazy eating at home.
    4. Meditate
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 7/17 Recap

Tackle to do list :)
    60 minutes exercise :)
    Eat within Calories :)
    3 drinks only :)
    Drink lots of water :)
    Mostly healthy Choices :)

Did pretty well at both the date lunch and the picnic last night. Ate delish food that was healthy, had one glass of wine at lunch and two at dinner so happy with that. Also got plenty of movement and exercise in which was fun. Today is a pretty busy day so my exercise might just be walking while waiting for my kids during appts but that's ok bc I'm really sore. Between swimming and an arms strength class I did I could barely sleep last night for the achiness. Had to take some advil. Finally broke out of the 140's! Been hovering there for the last month! It does feel like I lose weight really slowly but now I am less than 10 lbs to my goal!

JFT 7/18/19

Drink lots of water
    60 minutes intentional walking
    Tackle To Do list
    Eat within Calories
    Mostly Healthy Choices

Have in laws coming for dinner tonight and my fil is really weird about food so we are just ordering a pizza. Not the greatest choice but we'll have a salad with it and then we can have a normal dinner tomorrow night. It was a stressful day yesterday but I'm proud of myself for not eating or drinking my feelings. My son is having a tough time at camp and it's making us both really sad but he's got to toughen up a little bit and get through it. He's definitely a Mama's boy so this is hard for both of us. Hopefully today will be a better day but lucky for him I have to pick him up early for appts. Anyway, long to do list this morning, and then appts and company later so time for me to have my coffee and relax. Hope everyone has/had a great day!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all, quick post on my lunch break. Up to my ears in classroom reorganising as moving rooms next year after three years in Year 1. It’s chaos!

Wednesday goals recap:
    - laundry βœ…
    - make spanakopita for work party tomorrow βœ…
    - morning run βœ… 12km, 7+ miles 😊
    - pack snack, schoolbag and cooking lesson ingredients βœ…
    - buy eggs on way to work βœ…
    - early to work - do printouts on arrival and pack into envelopes βœ…
    - staff choir 8:30am βœ…
    - planning time. Eat planned snack only βœ…
    - home lunchtime for car and shake βœ…
    - take down displays after work βœ…
    - leave by 5 βœ…
    - groceries - buy Guinness cake ingredients βœ…
    - tan ❎
    - make Guinness cake for staff party tomorrow βœ…
    - put away laundry❎
    - pack gym stuff ❎
    - bed by 10 βœ…

Thursday goals:
    - put away laundry βœ…
    - make cake icing βœ…
    - pack work clothes and gym stuff βœ…
    - pack snack and schoolbag βœ…
    - Warrior class 6:30am βœ…
    - see year 6 re video
    - finish taking down displays βœ…
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - speak to M re lesson assessments βœ…
    - leave by 4:30
    - tan after work
    - finish cake, warm up spanakopita, pack dip
    - lay out running gear
    - work party 7pm
    - bed by 11

Have a good day all. catch up later x
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Be kind βœ”
    2. Water βœ”
    3. Eat packed lunch βœ”
    4. Cook dinner at home βœ”
    5. Log all food βœ”
    6. Bed by 10 βœ”
    7. QT with DH πŸ‘Ž

JFT Thursday
    1. Be kind
    2. Water
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Log all food
    6. Bed by 10
    7. QT with DH
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I've not posted in a while. Nothing much so say about my lack of trying.

I've been creeping a bit, but didn't really have anything to add.

Just in case you've forgotten, y'all are wonderful.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Thursday 19 July

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge >:)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 7/18/19

Drink lots of water :/
    60 minutes intentional walking :/
    Tackle To Do list :/
    Eat within Calories :/
    Mostly Healthy Choices :)

Going to pick up pizza for dinner so not the best health wise but might squeeze in a quick workout first. I am exhausted today. So ready for bed but we have in laws coming and there is no way I can handle that without a drink. :D
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hey all! So happy to see my JFT friends' profile pics. Made me smile. Been away, MIA, struggling with emotional eating as always. But I don't ever go away for long...I'm not a quitter and I'm going to do this.

@Snowflake1968 I'm sorry to hear about your hip pain! Dang, you had to have fallen hard to hurt yourself in a bouncy house! I can't wait until I find time to catch up on what's been going on. I still don't know where you are working and I think it is awesome that it's close enough for you to walk to work! I hope you love it, whatever it is. It's much harder to get on and keep up when you have a busy job and can't find time to hop on during the day, isn't it? I really struggle because my priority is JFT and MFP in general, but my employer doesn't necessarily agree. :mrgreen:

@bookmeister86 I'm sorry to hear you didn't get to meet with your CEO. I was so excited to see that and then a few posts later you wrote that it was cancelled. I know that there is a perfect fit out there for you. It's coming when you least expect it! I'm so jealous you are on holiday! I don't get one this year and I physically and mentally feel that I really need one. Where are you going? Somewhere awesome again, I just know it! I live vicariously through you, ya know! :heart:

@Faebert I don't know what's going on because I've been MIA but wanted to share that I also keep a gratitude journal. I write in it each night...5 things I'm grateful for that day. Sometimes it's hot water and a roof over my head and sometimes it's something much cooler and much more exciting! But just think how much harder life would be without those things... It keeps me on the right road some days when I'm feeling really down. I hope whatever has you down fixes itself quickly though because you are so awesome!

@Bekka4Lee WELCOME! How cool is it that this group made it onto Twitter!?! lol! We are so cool... ;) I'm happy you are here!

@nlmackey98 Keep on creepin'! We all do it, and it helps keep us going sometimes. (((HUGS)))

@HEGoddard0928 GET THOSE DISHES DONE! bwahahaha! Always makes me laugh, you and your dishes... :lol:

@aubyshortcake Congratulations on the closing of your house! It's so exciting!

@Bex953172 That is the cutest little hat!! I love the colors and how soft it looks. She will love and apreciate it!

I wish I could write to more people but I have to do more reading and catching up first...oh, and I should probably write some goals even though it's time to go home for the day. Love to all! :heart:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Today - Thursday, 7/18
    • Journal every single bite...even the Snicker bar mini's...*sigh*
    • 68+ oz of water
    • Some sort of activity
    • Rewrite my response cards
    • Clean up the piles of paperwork on my desk so I can go through it tomorrow
    • Self-care for at least 15 min (ideas: bath; mani/pedi; read in quiet room; sew on quilt)
    • Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    • Be patient and kind. Do not react negatively just because my emotions are out of whack. It's not fair to others.
    • Read back at least 3 pages of the JFT posts that I've missed
    • Catch up on Healthy Habits group
    • Bedtime early. Gratitude Journal. Joyce / Dodie / Simple Abundance readings. Read one chapter of mystery. Listen to Calm app.
    • Set alarm 30 minutes earlier than normal so I can get up, check in and post my goals and do my inspirational reading and morning prayer.

WOY 2019: Tenacity I am achieving a healthier lifestyle with the tenacity of turtle crossing a 4-lane highway...slow and steady, never giving up. :mrgreen:

Love y'all! :heart:
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,101 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I seem to have lost my post from last night. No matter! Did fine on Wednesday and had a very busy day today getting ready for vacation on Saturday. Too tired to redo the post. Lol!

@Snowflake1968 How’s the hip today. Hope the pain has eased.

JFT 2019

Goals for Fri 19/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh in/Post in JGM10Ds
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros
    • Follow through
    • Hydration

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps
    • 10 mins strength
    • 10 mins flexibility

OTHER:
    • Meditation
    • Final packing/prep for Saturday
    • Crochet: taking cardigan with me.
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    I seem to have lost my post from last night. No matter! Did fine on Wednesday and had a very busy day today getting ready for vacation on Saturday. Too tired to redo the post. Lol!

@Snowflake1968 How’s the hip today. Hope the pain has eased.

JFT 2019

Goals for Fri 19/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh in/Post in JGM10Ds
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros
    • Follow through
    • Hydration

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps
    • 10 mins strength
    • 10 mins flexibility

OTHER:
    • Meditation
    • Final packing/prep for Saturday
    • Crochet: taking cardigan with me.
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread

Terri, you are doing great! I always wonder how you and @Snowflake1968 are able to keep up with the Women Over 50 thread! I try to follow, jumping on in the beginning of the month, and then I find myself pages and pages behind very quickly! I just love that group so I do hop on as often as I can to see how everyone is doing, but I really give you props for being able to keep up! :heart: Where are you going on vacation? I will have to live vicariously through you and @bookmeister86 !! :smile: