JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    So a great start to the week for me yesterday. Time to make the rest of the week a success...

Monday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Water water water ✅
    - Email to P’s teacher re her foot injury ✅
    - Early to work, GAG ✅
    - Work on obs and lesson plans over lunch ✅ a bit!
    - name labels on uniform this evening ✅
    - Stay mindful - read 2019 goals ✅
    - Make workout plan for the week ✅
    - Early night ✅

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout
    - Water water water
    - Run home lunchtime for car
    - Hot yoga after work
    - Stay mindful - 2019 goals
    - Get running gear ready for the morning
    - Early night

Have a great day all x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Hi Sisters and Brothers! Thanks Sisters for the comments.
    One thing I can say, I'm paying more attention to me since I
    have been on MFP. This thread is everything I've prayed for.
    Friends, support, accountability, motivation, and free from
    judgement. It's part of my daily medicine. I feel good chatting
    and sharing with all of you. I never dreamed that a group of
    people Ive never met, would become soooo much a part of
    my heart...my long distance family.😅
    Ok... Now I'm blubbering over here.. I'm gonna flood my town
    with my tears...lol. THANKS LADIES!!

JFT (MONDAY)
    up early dealing with female issues.✔
    Coffee and prayer..(Youngest still in hospital after trying to take her life)✔
    Breakfast and meds.✔
    Washed up✔
    Gaming online/phone calls✔
    No lunch because of late breakfast✔
    Spinach salad ✔
    Read✔
    Bed

@maryrobinson40 - did I miss this in a previous post? I’m so so sorry to read about your daughter’s struggles. Big hugs and strength to you. X

holy cow I missed this too are you okay?! xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I logged into MFP last night for the first time in ages, saw this and thought it could be just the thing to keep me on track. Lost the weight a few years ago, but stupidly have put a lot of it back on!
    I live in Scotland, and I hate winter :) I'm cold all the time!

So I will start logging again today. I get frustrated that I can't exercise as much as I'd like. I have permanent back pain, and right now also have sciatica down my leg and a painful shin. Walking HURTS! But walking is also my favourite thing to do, so still trying short walks.
    I've bought a book called "Strong Women, Strong Backs" so plan to do the exercises from the book in the hope they will help.

So Just For Today Tuesday 22/1/19

I will log my food on mfp
    I will do my normal stretching exercises
    I will do the first exercise from the book
    I will wrap up and walk to the shops (about 30 - 40 minutes)

Surely I can do a day at a time :)

Hey, I live in Cheshire, it's trying to snow here , although it's pretty abysmal, what's it like up there atm?!

I'm sorry to hear you have pain, I got a bit of sciatica when I was pregnant and it truly is awful!
    is it not something drs can help you with?

glad to have you here anyway!
    good luck for your first day!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Hey, I live in Cheshire, it's trying to snow here , although it's pretty abysmal, what's it like up there atm?!

I'm sorry to hear you have pain, I got a bit of sciatica when I was pregnant and it truly is awful!
    is it not something drs can help you with?

glad to have you here anyway!
    good luck for your first day!

Thanks for the welcome :) Right now here it's dry and frosty, so no excuse for not going out.

I have given up with drs ("wear and tear, nothing to be done", is their favourite phrase) and go to an osteopath when I need to. Gives me better relief and helpful exercises to do. He tells me my spine is a bit squint and unstable, so no running jogging or trampolining. Wasn't planning to trampoline anyway! Of course, I have to pay to see him, so don't go too often.

Have already done some exercises today.
    Have a good day.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Post discussion post 3. Draft essay.
    3. Head to Y by 8:15. Duo. Blog post.
    4. Take recycling. Wash car. Visit dad. Used bookstore? Walk to 10k.
    5. Grade essays. Enter grades. (Well, I did SOME of them.)
    6. Chop celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch for tomorrow.
    7. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10. Alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Get alternate books for challenge. Email 4 plans.
    3. Class 1-2: Review WLGs. Object pronouns. Finished early? Mark 4's classwork
    4. Planning: Duo. MEETING. Grade essays and mark handouts. Silent timer?
    5. Class 4: Review WLGs. Socratic discussion - introduce first!
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Zumba 5:30. Put the laundry away. Pack bag for school.
    8. QUIZ. Update Goodreads Friday. Write out References for reflection essay. Prep cheese.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch: Salad. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    Today: 189.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Take recycling to center. Wash car.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

I was REALLY hoping to see a drop today. Didn't happen; I'm up almost a pound. Nothing for it but to keep going... and to slice up MOST of the loaf of bread my husband baked last night and take it to school to share... and ALL of the cookies!

He's only recently started baking, and he's REALLY good at it. I'm so proud of him! ... but it's SUCH A CHALLENGE, Y'ALL. :confounded:

@Faebert - Oh gracious. I worked with 4s for ONE YEAR and that was all I could handle. They say some of the most delightfully inventive things! But they're ALWAYS on the go. Whew! It was exhausting!

@littleblackskirt - Welcome! Have you asked your osteopath about low-impact machines like an elliptical or something similar?
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Just gonna leave this here...
    Official first hairstyle!
    8uve7hti435q.jpg

Is that our little Casey already?!!! She looks adorable with her hair up in pigtails! <3
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,514 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Recap 1/21 M ~ Rest day. Hubby has federal holiday off (I don't) so he will be home when I get off work ~ yay. We have no definite plans, including dinner. See #2 & #4. :D
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings = Fitbit 7,046 steps, 250+ steps 12/14 & 31 floors :neutral:
    2) Breakfast, lunch & snacks prelogged / wise choices for supper / net calories w/i 100 green / 14c water = I previewed menu online & made my choice. Had wonderful dinner of roasted lamb shank in Guinness gravy, mashed potatoes & root vegetables. Splurged & had Irish coffee w/ hazelnut cookie and then hubby and I shared New York cheesecake for dessert. I didn't worry about calories, just enjoyed! Logged best I could after: net calories -348 :p , sodium & sugar green (?), fiber & protein low (oops), 14c water (yay)
    3) Update JFT w/i post = :smiley:
    4) Evening: enjoy hubby time <3 = Wonderful date night with hubby. Ate dinner at St. Brendan's Irish Pub & Restaurant (yum), and at home, snuggled as we watched season premiere of American Pickers by candlelight. <3
    5) Floss :s / retainers :smiley: / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:30 :smiley:

JFT 1/22 T ~ Winter storm warning starts this afternoon and ends noon Wed. We might have 5-8" snow by the end. :#
    1) Treadmill before work 3 miles 49:53 + cool down + stretched = happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings
    3) Meals (leftovers for lunch & supper) & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Evening: optometrist 4:30 / at least 3 things on to-do list / shovel (supposed to be light, fluffy snow) or snowblow
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS dentist in 3 weeks! / retainers / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (shovel snow before work)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Just gonna leave this here...
    Official first hairstyle!
    8uve7hti435q.jpg

I love it!!! She is so darn cute!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I logged into MFP last night for the first time in ages, saw this and thought it could be just the thing to keep me on track. Lost the weight a few years ago, but stupidly have put a lot of it back on!
    I live in Scotland, and I hate winter :) I'm cold all the time!

So I will start logging again today. I get frustrated that I can't exercise as much as I'd like. I have permanent back pain, and right now also have sciatica down my leg and a painful shin. Walking HURTS! But walking is also my favourite thing to do, so still trying short walks.
    I've bought a book called "Strong Women, Strong Backs" so plan to do the exercises from the book in the hope they will help.

So Just For Today Tuesday 22/1/19

I will log my food on mfp
    I will do my normal stretching exercises
    I will do the first exercise from the book
    I will wrap up and walk to the shops (about 30 - 40 minutes)

Surely I can do a day at a time :)

Welcome! It is cold here in the states also .... I live in Missouri. Today luckly though we are climbing out of freezing! I am so sorry about the back pain. Have you tried water exercising? I suffer occasionally from back pain, and I found the water exercising really helps. Anyhow, welcome!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    Mytime6630 - isn’t it so discouraging a few bad days adds what seems so many pounds, but a few good days only equates to ounces lost? You need to give yourself a break you were sick and if you’re feeling better already maybe all the orange juice helped!

My daughter keeps telling me that I am beautiful and I shouldn’t worry so much about my weight. For me though, it’s how I feel and the health aspect of it. I am scared of diabetes, I don’t want to spend years poking myself. If I can get my weight to a normal range hopefully I can avoid it. I know she’s being kind and cares about me, but this is one thing that I just need to have support. I have gotten so I don’t talk about my plans and goals about my weight outside of MFP that way I’m not hearing too many people in my ears that aren’t on the same journey.
    I’m so sorry your daughter is doing so poorly right now, I pray her doctor takes your concerns to heart. There must be something that can be done to help her.

PackerfaninGB - I am so not a morning person, never have been. I remember staying up until 2-3 in the morning and being up to go to work at 6. I can’t do that anymore. I now force myself to go to bed no later than 11 and I’m up at 7 when I’m working. I bathe and wash my hair at night, so in the morning I do my bathroom routine, get dressed and leave the house. I am usually up and out the door within about 20 minutes. I grab a coffee on my way at a drive thru. I detest having time in the morning, if I have time to spare I end up getting very sleepy again. My biggest thing I did to banish the snooze button was move my alarm clock across the room. I had to get up to shut it up and that was all I needed. I haven’t even used an alarm clock for about 2 years. Rodger usually wakes me up and I can’t throw him against a wall or slap him to be quiet. He also gets angry if he has to wake me twice so I just get up.

Maryrobinson40- I love that you joined our group! I agree it’s so strange to me that you can make friends with people you have never met, if I don’t check in I feel like I haven’t connected with my family. If I don’t see someone commenting I wonder if they are ok.
    Like others I missed about your daughters struggle too. I pray she gets the help she needs.

Bex953172 - I saw a T-shirt someone made for their daughter in a Cricut board I follow. It just said “sasshole”. I thought it was hilarious and said it all. I much preferred children from newborn to about 5 and then 13 on. I loved raising teenagers, those first school years sucked.
    As for having Saskia get herself a yogurt, she’s plenty old enough to do that. I had a low cupboard stocked with snacks they could get on their own including something for a “breakfast” that would tide them over a bit in the morning. My husband drive truck and I worked evenings not usually getting home until midnight. My eldest was a morning child up around 5. I taught her to get something for herself and how to load the vcr so I could get some extra sleep. It doesn’t make you a bad parent it’s what you need to do to get through. I remember many a day me laying on the couch with one sitting on my hip the other tucked in behind my legs so I could have a cat nap. If they moved it woke me up. I always put a long movie on the vcr those days! Lol
    Oh Casey is so cute! I need another grandbaby.

Clicketykeys- lol I love how honest you are about your students.

Littleblackskirt - welcome. This group has been instrumental in helping me lose!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday Jan 21st -Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Green - 😈 I am struggling with boredom which is causing too many snacks!
    Walk 1 Mile - 😈 hubby stayed up late and it messed with my schedule. I didn’t feel like it at 10 pm.
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5 - I need to buy more fruits and veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😈
    5 something at bathroom break - yes and a couple times I did 10!
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 😈

JFT - Tuesday Jan 22nd Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I am borrowing my son in laws car today while my daughter is at work. I’m going to go buy some groceries and look for lace for my youngest daughters invitations. I have sold quite a bit of my craft supplies which is helping me pay for the materials we need.

I started the project for Lauryn yesterday it is a mandala of a bookshelf loaded with books. I’m going to find a good quote to put on it. She is an avid reader and is making herself a reading nook in her bedroom. I’m hoping she will treasure this. I’ve looked at quotes but have found so many she would love I am having trouble making a decision.

Ok I’m off to work on my project and make some meatballs for supper. Kaitlyn is joining us so I’m making her favourite.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Today's word for the day: WORDS!

Years ago we had some lovely young ladies from Africa staying with us (I can't recall which country) for the weekend. At one point we were talking about weight, with me dieting (again) and I said, "I am going to lose 20 pounds." One of the houseguests gently encouraged me to say, "I am losing 20 pounds" Why? Because...
    s2a9re3q6t6b.png

They shape our being, our thoughts about ourselves. When I say, "I am going to" then I am stating that it is in the future. My words are telling my mind and body that I haven't begun yet. That I'm not in the present mode of change.

I am losing weight.
    Instead of "I want to be disciplined" I say, "I am becoming disciplined"
    "I need to work on being patient with my children"...I am working at being patient."
    "I'm going to drink 8 cups of water" ... "I'm drinking 8 cups of water"
    "I want to go to bed earlier" ... "I am going to bed at 9:30"
    "I want to stop hitting the snooze button" ... "I am getting out of bed instead of hitting the snooze button"

Turn a statement said in the future tense to the here and now. Try it!

Peace and joy!
    n3equqdqmih3.png
  • mytime6630
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Today's word for the day: WORDS!

Years ago we had some lovely young ladies from Africa staying with us (I can't recall which country) for the weekend. At one point we were talking about weight, with me dieting (again) and I said, "I am going to lose 20 pounds." One of the houseguests gently encouraged me to say, "I am losing 20 pounds" Why? Because...
    s2a9re3q6t6b.png

They shape our being, our thoughts about ourselves. When I say, "I am going to" then I am stating that it is in the future. My words are telling my mind and body that I haven't begun yet. That I'm not in the present mode of change.

I am losing weight.
    Instead of "I want to be disciplined" I say, "I am becoming disciplined"
    "I need to work on being patient with my children"...I am working at being patient."
    "I'm going to drink 8 cups of water" ... "I'm drinking 8 cups of water"
    "I want to go to bed earlier" ... "I am going to bed at 9:30"
    "I want to stop hitting the snooze button" ... "I am getting out of bed instead of hitting the snooze button"

Turn a statement said in the future tense to the here and now. Try it!

Peace and joy!
    n3equqdqmih3.png

You have such a way of motivating people!! I am SO happy you are part of our group! Thank you!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 My thoughts are with your daughter and your family. <3 She's got a great mama supporting her so I know she's in great hands!

@littleblackskirt welcome! I found this thread not too long ago myself and I'm loving it!

@toaljasa you are a fantastic motivator. These are such great posts!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 that sounds so lovely! Please post pics when it's done!!