JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good MORNING MY BEAUTIES!!!
    JUST WANT TO BE A BRIGHT SPOT IN YOUR DAY!
    TERRIFIC TUESDAY☀⛅🌈

OK! LET'S DO THIS! GO! GO! GO!
    EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DO CHAIR EXERCISES, OR WATER AEROBICS... MOVE THOSE BODIES!
    WALK AROUND THE COFFEE TABLE, OR THE KITCHEN ISLAND.
    MOVEMENT MATTERS!!YOU MATTER! 😀
    I'M MOVING!!! I'M GROOVIN, I'M PRANCING AND DANCIN! WHEW!
    I'M BURNING IT TO EARN IT!!

JFT (Tuesday)
    Up at 5 glad to be alive😁✔
    Logged online at 6, to get my fix✔
    6:30 I'm moving, and grooving✔
    No coffee, tea, or meds yet...just pumped on my own juices... LMBO😂 I sound like an orange

I'LL BE BACK TONIGHT TO FINISH POSTING.
    Going to visit my big BABYGIRL in the hospital... No Worries Mate🙏
    My chin is up!, and I'm going to give her one of my Mama bear hugs.
    NO DROOPY FACES FROM YOU GIRLS OK... I'M OK. GOD'S GOT IT!
    I AM A WINNER!! THAT'S MY WORD. NOT Weiner....WINNER!!🙌

Good Evening! After an emotional rollercoaster of a day, ridiculous
    traffic going and coming... I'm Tuckered🙎
    I picked up babygirl's clothing and brought them home to wash and dry.
    All I can say is I'm keeping my faith and love meters on MAXIMUM.

To tired to read who did what today. I did get a lot of walking in
    today because guess what... THE PARKING DECK DIRECTLY AT THE HOSPITAL
    WAS COMPLETELY FULL, NO VACANCIES. Fortunately I remembered to wear
    my knee brace today. If the weather holds up, I will go visit her again.

Thank you all for the well wishes for my daughter. Love you @Bex953172
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 My thoughts are with your daughter and your family. <3 She's got a great mama supporting her so I know she's in great hands!

@littleblackskirt welcome! I found this thread not too long ago myself and I'm loving it!

@toaljasa you are a fantastic motivator. These are such great posts!
    @newdaydawning79 ... Thank you so so much! Love and hugs🌹
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 I hope your knee is doing okay with all that walking! Sending more love your way.
  • newdaydawning79
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Hope you're all having a good start to the Monday. I'm already almost 64 ounces in, apparently I'm thirsty today! Hopefully that will help get my back to behave more too. Still hurting like a you-know-what. Plan to walk at the gym after work today though. Moving seems to be helping it somewhat.

Did you injure yourself? I had pain in my back for years and finally am free of it but it sure did put a damper in everything I tried to do! Hope you feel better soon! xoxo

I totally missed this when scrolling through, @PackerFanInGB! So sorry! I'd strained my back shoveling snow on Saturday. It has finally loosened up and feels back to normal now. Thank you for checking on me!
  • newdaydawning79
    Options
    @Bex953172 your little one is SO CUTE! I love kids!
  • newdaydawning79
    Options

JFT 1/22/19

1. Log everything - stay in the green :smiley:
    2. Get in at least 96oz of water :smiley:
    3. Walk at lunch :smiley:
    4. Write in both of my paper planners :neutral:
    5. Stop beating myself up for stuff happening at work :smiley:

I was bad and took a nap after work today, I was just drained. So no journal writing today. All in all I'm still happy with my day!

JFT 1/23/19

1. Log everything - stay in the green
    2. More water, always.
    3. Go to the gym.
    4. Planner time!
    5. Do some beading, which is my form of meditation. Have a ton of projects to work on!

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    @newdaydawning79 Look at all those smiles! Nice!

@mytime6630 I'm praying for your daughter, you and your husband. I've asked my husband to pray for my friend, Joan, and her family also. I don't blame you for being worried. I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be nervous not being able to reach her. Hopefully she is just packing and getting her stuff together, taking a minute to herself to gather her thoughts about moving home for a month. I'm so grateful that her doctor read your letter! Thank God you wrote it. Hugs to you, my friend. Please let us know how you are doing...

@maryrobinson40 I am praying for you and your baby girl too. I am so sorry to hear about this! Keep the faith, and know you are in many people's prayers. My husband's too... Tim and I both look to our faith to get through many things. Hugs honey.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

To tired to read who did what today. I did get a lot of walking in
    today because guess what... THE PARKING DECK DIRECTLY AT THE HOSPITAL
    WAS COMPLETELY FULL, NO VACANCIES. Fortunately I remembered to wear
    my knee brace today. If the weather holds up, I will go visit her again.

Praying for your daughter! It is so hard when we see our children suffer. Hugs dear friend <3<3
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options

I was bad and took a nap after work today, I was just drained. So no journal writing today. All in all I'm still happy with my day!

J

I do not think this is bad to take a nap ..... it is important!! For me, when I am over tired, I tend to want to eat. So I have learned if I am tired, even if the nap is only 15 minutes, it helps! You had a great day!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 sending you lots of love and strength and praying for a peaceful night for you.

@maryrobinson40 hope your daughter is on the mend and that you can manage to get to see her.

You are both in my thoughts xx
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options

JFT (Jan 22)
    After work:
    • "jog around Paris" for an hour (Youtube video + Wii exergame Walk It Out to count my steps + mini-trampoline) - "jogged around some place in Sweden" for 30 minutes, plus extra 16 closing out Wii game session - 46 minutes / 7222 game-counted steps :)
    • adjust supper and snack logging & choices based on calories burned DONE B)
    • finish requirements and notify Toastmaster Club VP Ed that he can let HQ know I have finished all of Level 1 requirements BF to tomorrow - no time this evening after unexpected shopping expedition with Hubby >:)
    • second HIIT session (optional extra) declined option as jog didn't start till after 9:00 pm ;)

JFT Jan 23
    Before work:
    • up right after alarm
    • weigh in / HIIT on bike / breakfast
    • weigh / pack / pre-log for the day
    • pull out of driveway by 7:45!

After work / evening:
    • finish out Wii exergame Walk It Out "tour" and set up for a new one
    • adjust supper and snack logging & choices based on calories burned
    • finish requirements and notify Toastmaster Club VP Ed that he can let HQ know I have finished all of Level 1 requirements
    • second HIIT session (optional extra)

2019 Big Picture MFP-type Targets:
    • I am shedding 2 more pounds to reach my healthy BMI zone by (Chinese) New Year (Feb 5)
    • I am working on closing that last inch across my back so that my wedding dress fits on my 31st anniversary (April 30)
    • I am releasing and lowering my Body Fat % by measurable amounts via daily 7-minute HIIT sessions on my stationary bike (at least 1 per day, sometimes 2) and my daily mini-trampoline jogging for LISS cardio - 45 minutes or more on average.
    • I am practicing and preparing to shift to Maintenance eating habits and calorie levels somewhere around 135 pounds by "eating more calories so that I can do more activity that I love" NOW - and getting past the potential mental roadblock of "HOW am I going to eat so many extra maintenance-level pre-exercise calories while keeping fats and sugars mostly in the GREEN!?!?"

2019 Big Picture Rest-of-Life Goals:
    • finishing Level 2 of my Toastmasters Pathways program before June 30
    • de-cluttering my study / sewing room
    • dealing with my mending pile
    • establishing an after work / evening routine that includes BOTH regular study for prequalifying for my French-Second-Language levels for work (current levels expiring in 2020) AND continues daily exercise to release and lower by Body Fat % levels while staying in Maintenance Zone
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Well so much for making a workout plan for the week! Today is supposed to be a long (for me!) run day but it snowed last night and I’m just too scared to run my hilly route in the dark in case there is ice. So I’m going to do my home workout which is a circuit type mix of cardio, strength and abs. Problem is I went to hot yoga last night and might be a bit sore. We’ll see how I go but it’s frustrating to have made progress in running and now be dealing with bad weather - wish I owned a treadmill!

Tuesday recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Water water water ✅
    - Run home lunchtime for car ✅
    - Hot yoga after work ✅
    - Stay mindful - 2019 goals ✅
    - Get running gear ready for the morning ✅ but not going to use it!
    - Early night ✅ ish

Wednesday goals
    - morning workout
    - Water! It’s working, keep it up!
    - Cash for piano teacher
    - Brief cover teacher for afternoon session
    - Lunchtime meeting
    - Afternoon session - plan observation lesson
    - Health food store after work
    - Pamper time - tanning and eyebrows?
    - Re-read 2019 goals- stay mindful
    - Wash girls’ hair
    - Early night

Happy hump day everyone x
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @mytime6630 I have prayed for you this evening, and that your daughter will have a time of clarity for her to see and understand that she needs to be with you or the hospital. Regarding your eating: I would not even mention food issues during this stressful time but you did ask :) you might consider setting a recurring timer to announce you have 10 minute before cut off time. If you have Alexis or Google Home you can use it. (have them say, Joan, go brush your teeth!) Also, write down some quotes, Scripture, etc. and place them on the front of your cabinets and fridge, until life calms down a bit. Here are a few quotes to get rid of that stinkin' thinkin' that leads you to the fridge!

swobdado7gn3.png

9kj7pba125ip.png

b73s6bh9xp8j.png

9f90u7gqp859.png

We are all gathered around you, lifting you up, embracing you, hurting with you.

Remember, sweet, Joan:

dimoyfplox9u.png

Peace and Comfort

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40

You had such a day, emotionally and physically. Rest your body, mind, and spirit. Spend time in the Word...I know you rely on it...and may it strengthen and encourage you, and gird you up. Take care of your knee and get up and moooove every hour.

Know that we are standing with you.

Rest.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday 23rd

I will log on mfp
    I will do stretching exercises
    I will do the first 2 exercises in the book
    I will walk with a friend, around one hour. And I will not fall over :) It looks even more icy than yesterday!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Get alternate books for challenge. Email 4 plans.
    3. Class 1-2: Review WLGs. Object pronouns. Finished early? Mark 4's classwork
    4. Planning: Duo. MEETING. Grade essays and mark handouts. Silent timer? Check Lexile levels for students. Check standardized tests and make recommendations for domain levels.
    5. Class 4: Review WLGs. Socratic discussion - introduce first!
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Zumba 5:30. Put the laundry away. Pack bag for school.
    8. QUIZ. Update Goodreads Friday. Write out References for reflection essay. Prep cheese.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch: Saag. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Take shoes.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Enter grades.
    3. Class 1-2: Touch on WLGs. Grammar practice: Check pronoun work. Conferences. (Tomorrow also.)
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Update unit 2 plans and print. B - Call parents. C - Grade while at lunch duty. D - Two discussion comments. Check on Week 3 project. Blog post. Visit B (find out about record player).
    5. Class 4: Touch on WLGs. Greek gods. Closer - review grammar.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength 4:30. Draft Week 3 project. Laundry?
    8. Quiz. Update Goodreads Friday. Write out References for reflection essay.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Thu lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    Today: 189.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Take recycling to center. Wash car.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

Finally a dip today! Woke up with the alarm, though, so it's already go time. More when I get to school. Maybe. Today has already been hectic!
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    January 22nd:
    -Stay in the green 👍
    -Eat as close to my calorie goal as possible 👍
    -Hydrate 👍
    -Walk 30mins 👍
    -Go for a run 👍
    -Manage my overthinking 👎
    -Journal 👍
    -Clean the house 👍