WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    KJ(Kelly), ok for a big grin, Google "Sting doing Yoga". I beam just thinking of it! I am patiently awaiting the day he rings me up saying, " Come to Tuscany, and he can sing together, wife won't mind". *eyes get all dreamy*
    💗Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Last night I made French toast for husband and son, so I still had some batter left. Dunked my hearty multigrain bread in, fried it up, and let it cool for this morning's breakfast. I nuked it, and just put raspberry jam on it, sprinkled with walnuts. Getting into the habit of having my 6 grapefruit segments. I don't know why I put 6 in.
    5magbjc3fsvc.jpg

This pic is of my avocado start. Soon I shall plant it!
    d3id855crepu.jpg

Have a great day ladies!
    💗Rebecca

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)Bianca, When I was going to the gym regularly in my 40's it was a perfect fit. I worked full time and went to the gym right after work. I was single and had no dogs so no one was waiting for me at home. Now I am older, retired, and married and have two dogs. I walk the dogs for at least two hours every day and go to two line dance classes a week that have me out of the house for about three hours for each one. I love being home with my husband and can't get comfortable with leaving the house to go to the gym. I have a recumbent bike in my living room and ride it for an hour or more every day while watching TV with my husband. I have hand weights to use for strength training (also something I can do while watching TV).
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Alison: Elena is getting no bargain. Tom is a cheater and likely will always be a cheater. I am sorry for all the grief he has caused you over the years. :heart: :broken_heart::heart:

Heather: You are a writer at heart and to your core. I’m sure you will get back into it. You are now settling into a new home in a new community. That takes time and effort. :flowerforyou:

Rebecca: We see Coast Guard helicopters patrolling and rescuing people on a regular basis and think they are true heroes. Your son is also a hero and will continue to serve by maintaining helicopters. I’m sure you are proud of him and want you to know that we are grateful for all the men like him who serve. :star:

Riding lesson today! YAY!!! I’m sure my teacher will have plenty to say about ways in which I can improve. She is a gem.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Phew just caught up and read 3 pages.

I'm on day 3 of logging my food, what an eye opener that is. I'm slowly getting my calories under control, I might even get within my calorie goal today if I don't go mad for the rest of the evening. I'm a bit peckish but don't have any health snacks in the house! Might have a slice of toast.

I'm going to the pictures (movies) tomorrow to see the new Mary Poppins, has anyone seen it?

Viv UK
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness it is Sunday and I am off tomorrow. I am baring able to get anything done today. I have decided I am too old to work so many days with only 1 day of every two weeks. And with all the new paper work they want us to do I can't think. So my plan is to sleep tomorrow as long as I feel like it. My eating is out of control today. Have to get a handle on that. I have done really well this week with staying pretty close to 1200 and not eating after 7pm or before 8. One day at a time.
    Penny--thanks for sharing the rescue story. So happy it had a happy ending for everyone.
    Heather--Thanks for the tip on dealing with difficult people. I am going to have to study that to deal with DD. I have only gotten a text message since they moved out and that was to tell me now to forward her x's mail to the apartment. I just told her it was her problem and deal with it as I told you months ago to take care of it as did't want it coming to our house.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Alison: Elena is getting no bargain. Tom is a cheater and likely will always be a cheater. I am sorry for all the grief he has caused you over the years. :heart: :broken_heart::heart:

Heather: You are a writer at heart and to your core. I’m sure you will get back into it. You are now settling into a new home in a new community. That takes time and effort. :flowerforyou:

Rebecca: We see Coast Guard helicopters patrolling and rescuing people on a regular basis and think they are true heroes. Your son is also a hero and will continue to serve by maintaining helicopters. I’m sure you are proud of him and want you to know that we are grateful for all the men like him who serve. :star:

Riding lesson today! YAY!!! I’m sure my teacher will have plenty to say about ways in which I can improve. She is a gem.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Thank you Katla. Being that this is an air station, the Navy is taking over this area rescue wise. Help the Coast Guard a bit. My son amazes me every day, still saying thank you after every meal, asks if we need anything when he goes out and about. So tnoughtful! Sometimes I think we could just live with him forever. What a beautiful retirement plan eh?
    💗Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    well here I am again lol, I haven't turned the t.v. on all day and really dont miss it... got 6 meals done and a whole pan of roasted brussel sprouts and broccoli with bacon ... will put those in the freezer too.. have a sheet pan of blueberries freezing so they dont go bad..
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - your French toast looked yummy! I have now put grapefruit on the shopping list, thank you! So neat your older son will be working on the SAR team. Funny you mention you could live with your son forever - my DH's good friend he served with in the Marines then enlisted in the Navy and retired from there. Went back home to Buffalo and moved in with his parents and never left. He was kind of a laid-back guy and his mom, who he took care of after his father died, passed away recently - she was in her mid-80's. While he was stationed here and there he had some girlfriends but never really met "the one". Not such a bad deal. B)<3

Penny
    - thanks for sharing that exciting rescue adventure! You should write an article for the paper! So glad everyone survived relatively intact. I used to work for an accountant who managed fishing vessels that fished in the Bering Sea and I know of a couple of her clients who lost boats and crew members. :(

Vicki - yes, make sure to sleep in tomorrow! I cannot imagine the stress of your job and with the paperwork as well.(((HUGS))))

Katla - hope Arrow behaves for you today and you had a great ride!

My allergies are kind of kicking up today so it's quiet Sunday.

Lanette
    Chilly & damp SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

jog- 9.43min, 1mi= 121c
    arm/chinup machine + floor exercises- over 22min, 5sets of 10 on machine, 8sets of 10 of 6 diff exer,, 2sets of 10, box step ups 2sets slow, 2sets fast= 357

Toal cal 478

breakfast in bed was nice
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    My company is gone and I am “knackered”. I have never seen people eat so much so fast! Lots of laundry to do but it can wait until tomorrow.
    Today at church our Associate Minister gave the sermon on a reset of New Years. She was sick and didn’t get to reflect back, make new goals etc. so she did a countdown and we started over. Perfect for me as I have been too busy cooking and doing dishes to think, literally.
    I watched to video of The Skinny on Fat and was intrigued. I want to know more about the scientific research behind the keto
    Way of eating. Who posted the link to the rest of the series?
    Penny-great story of a fearless crew rescuing the fishermen. We owe a lot to our first responders.
    Kelly- awwww it breaks my heart that your daughter cut Joaquin’s hair. It was so beautiful. He is really growing up so fast.
    Laura in Bedford. My MIL lived on Shady Grove before she passed. There are so many MFP girls in the metroplex. We need to get together.
    Rori- my daughter asked about you and said she enjoyed meeting you.
    M- loved the pictures of your grandparents. Sorry for your loss.
    Well, I have decided to kick the sugar habit while I do more research on Keto, “the way we have been eating for millions of years”. My delima is I only have one kidney so must be careful. As I type that I realize the way I am eating now is not helping my body.
    Tomorrow is a fresh new day. Go for it.
    SueBDew in TX
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    SuBDew~I have PKD not horrible but still .. I finally decided that Keto is the way to go for me.. even though there are proteins in there ,it outweighs my qualms and if I can lost close to 5 lbs in less than a week eating this way then I will keep doing it.. will see what my kidney Dr says on next appointment , and will wait for a few weeks before I go for bloodwork.. to many people with great results to to stick my nose up at it...
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    it's heaven getting out of bed at 9am

Pip - I was thrilled to sleep until almost 7! I got to bed about 1:30. I’ll crash tonight by 9!!

Okie

I get up at 4 , 5 days a week. The kids won’t allow me to sleep in, but they had pity on me today. Kirby went to work so he fed them and let them go out to potty. B4 he left. So staying in the bed was awesome. I was even thinking about bagging the gym today., but I did go

Good for you! You ARE a pip indeed!
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    3uoj2shi1vyn.jpg
    892xhwcjsaz9.jpg
    My soup today!
    💗Rebecca

• pipcd34
    Options
    Iiiiii
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Allie- where did you get your meal plan. It sounds like you are having fun preparing meals.
    Suebdew in Tx