WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options
    Did Elle Glam Total Toning DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take the water class.

Didn’t completely finish the DVD but did most of it. Had to leave for the dentist. Bad news is that there’s decay behind one of my crowns so he needs to take it off, clean there, then put a new crown on. Good news is that if I do it now, I may save myself from having to get a root canal. Compare the two of them, the root canal is the most expensive. I’ve made the appt. for March.

After the dentist stopped at the food kitchen to give them some donations, then stopped to see Lynette. She had two coupons for Ruby Tuesday, buy one entrée get on free. I have a $15 card so we will go tonight since this is the only day the coupon is good for and hopefully get two dinners for free. As I recall, they had salmon and I think last time I got a sweet potato and steamed broccoli or some other vege. That’s probably what I’ll get. Why I had to ask her for one, I don’t know. Update: the small print says that it can't be combined with any other offer and the $15 coupon I have is another offer.

Afterwards, volunteered at the Green Room, then renewed my Sam’s membership, went to Aldi to get cookies for the rum balls I’ll make for Jess, then went to Home Depot to get another box for Christmas things. Now home. Phew! Yes, this was all on my way

Felicia – I’m sorry you were stung but glad to hear that it’s not real bad.

Cari – I like doing different things because if you do the same thing over and over, your body gets used to it and then isn’t as efficient. But I do like the extremepump class and the water class.

Welcome everyone new!

Penny – scary pictures. Wish I could have read it, tho. Stay safe.

KJ – Waiting is so hard. My prayers. Let us know when the surgery date is scheduled

Had dinner at Ruby Tuesday, had the blackened tilapia, broccoli and zucchini, just water to drink. Then went to AC Moore, the people couldn’t help me unfortunately. After dinner stopped at Aldi to get Vince milk (I didn't realize he was so low) Then went to the dollar store to get Valentine’s day cards for Denise and Jess.

Sue in WA – Oh no!!!

M – big congrats on passing your course

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,569 Member
    Options
    Had to like and enter 665 cal so I could complete my cal intake for the day, really only consumed 335 cal
  • prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Had to like and enter 665 cal so I could complete my cal intake for the day, really only consumed 335 cal

Just curious- why so few calories.

Just a fly by here. Assisting with looking after twins and a 22 mo old takes a lot of time and is exhausting! Managing to stay on track so I hope to see a loss when I go home tomorrow for one night shift.
    Keep strong

Karen in BC
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,495 Member
    Options
    KJ ditto all the good wishes for the surgery and biopsy to be all clear.
    Machka thanks for posting the pics, looks like you found the ideal location for you and your husband to rest and recreate. Love the duck!
    Penny amazed the dogs are able to keep their feet in that wind!
    Barbie" ...trade what they want most for what they want at the moment," yes that was it! Thank you!
    Sue in WA hoping cardiologist finds no damage from chemo, and that alternatives end up being better.
    Michele I'd take a crown re-do over a root canal any day, and not just because of the co$t. Root canals can be brutal.

Welcome Aliza!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 10/31, 60 g protein 9/31, rx/vits 9/31, meditate 10/31, knee exercises 10/31, SWSY UP 3/9, SWSY LOW 3/9, core 3/9, play with Tumble 4/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 7/31.
    01/10=LT: Comb Tumble-Y MT: Reconcile escrow, update mortgage payment-Y ST: call Jim and Sandy-Y
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Barbie I'll look into the decluttering book you mentioned. Like the idea of "procrasticlutter" and "visible clutter" I think I could work with that :drinker:

I have managed to declutter quite a bit, but I've still a long way to go. I don't find it easy to get rid of things, I always think they have either sentimental value, or else I might need it one day. I must admit though since I got rid of some furniture in the living room it does look better. I heard somewhere (can't remember where) that you should look at an item and ask "does this bring me joy" and DD and myself do have a bit of a laugh with this and use it for lots of different scenarios "This dog walk is not bringing me joy" :laugh:
    Storage is another problem!

Michele I don't know how you find time to exercise, you always seem so busy, you put me to shame. I start exercising and it is going well, then something happens and it throws me off course. Consistency should be my word of the month instead of Positivity. Maybe next month.

Penny I think our little collie dog would get blown over in that wind :) You must have really good clothing to cope with the cold, I think I would freeze. Keep safe!

Congrats to M :drinker:

Barbara you have reminded me to start back with SWSY, I put the link on my desktop so I could find it easily, now dad is back home and we are not going to the hospital every day I have the time!

Best get on time is running away with me again

Viv UK <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Mack’s had to smile at the duck quote. I use the analogy a lot in my teaching, there is a lot of unseen work going on when you learn and perform music. I’m always asking the kids to play as relaxed as a duck on water, while counting furiously in their heads! Made me smile this a.m.

Happy and healthy Friday today for all.

NYKAREN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,719 Member
    Options
    Oh Katla~so sorry to hear about that, never fun cleaning bedding when there has been an accident..
    I got up like 4 times to go pee last night which is a record, but this morning I have lost another lb so I am down to 202.8, slow but sure taking it off with what seems to be working well..no slip ups so far..
    working 12-5 today and then tomorrow as usual...thenI have the rest of the weekend to myself sorta, with taking care of Kitty sort of puts a wrench in the monkey works, but she is a dear so I will do what I need to do..
    the money that I get for taking care of a few of the ladies here will go into a vacation fund.havent really had one since I went to Florida with Tom 2 years ago.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,242 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Sue - So sorry for your worries about your DH. :'( Hope you get some positive answers.

KJ - That seems a long time to wait! Can't you nag them to move it forward. <3<3<3

I've been making enquiries about exercise classes, but I'm having trouble finding anything that suits. I will ring a yoga centre today, but I really want a more community centred group. Plus most of the timings don't suit me.
    I have also been in touch with a glazier about the dresser glass. He's coming to look at it next week.
    Feeling a bit low in energy. Dragged through my morning exercises. But I did them.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,914 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Machka - it a wonder you get any time to do anything trying to juggle it all. I admire you for sticking to your exercise and personal health goals. I feel I would not be doing the same. Project Manager might not hurt.
    wizzywig wrote: »
    I start exercising and it is going well, then something happens and it throws me off course. Consistency should be my word of the month instead of Positivity. Maybe next month.

One of the things I do is to exercise as part of my daily life. So I walk to get places, up and down hills, and some distance, often carrying quite a heavy load.

I also work in a 10-storey office, so I hike stairs from time to time.

So if I don't have time for anything else, I'll get some of that in at least.

But my personal health goals did kind of fall apart a bit in 2018. Just too much stress. Hopefully I can get things back on track at least somewhat this year.

Machka in Oz
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    On the road again today... back late tonight. Hope everyone has (or had for some of you) a great Friday!

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,934 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, My daily walking friend cared for her husband who had Alzheimer's. She had many middle of the night experiences like the one you described with your husband. She was always cheerful about it but liked that she had me to tell about it. I learned so much from her and her positive attitude about caring for her husband.

:)Viv, It helped me to read books about decluttering and minimal living. I needed to rethink a lot of my attitudes before I could take action. I have a whole new attitude about sentimental items. One thing I did was to takes photos of sentimental items before giving them away. The other thing is to start with things that aren't so sentimental. Starting with clothing or kitchen is easier than starting with photos.

:) Today is the day I teach my line dance class. I am expecting a new student so I'll have to slow the pace a bit.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,569 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »

Just curious- why so few calories.

Just a fly by here. Assisting with looking after twins and a 22 mo old takes a lot of time and is exhausting! Managing to stay on track so I hope to see a loss when I go home tomorrow for one night shift.
    Keep strong

Karen in BC

Couldn’t eat, colonoscopy
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Sue prayers!

Katla sorry for DH late night problem. Hope it resolves soon.
    :heart: Maragaret
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,719 Member
    Options
    well back from walking the dogs and feed DFIL, he was a pill today he saved a mouth full of vanilla protein shake to spit all down his clothes after I got his apron off.. ughhh I took him to his room and put on another shirt...
    I asked a question of Tom that I never asked before.. Let him stew a little bit and I asked for an honest answer .. asked what did I do that you wanted to date someone else? what in your opinion was wrong with our marriage? and asked for an honest answer.. Well even though everything is said and done I would like the answer to the question, I did nothing wrong ,and I know it is on him.. but would like to see what he has to say about it.. should be an interesting answer...
    going to work at noon, just had 1/2 a ham and swiss omelet..