WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Yvonne in TX: You’re in good company here! We manage to fill pages with words every day, and our English speakers are from both hemispheres, north and south of the equator, east and west of the prime meridian. Word Nerds post here every day. :smiley: I’ve never heard of cold sculpting. I’d love to learn about it. Have you seen Marlo Thomas and her St Jude’s commercials? Oh my! The woman is in her 80’s and has the face of a twenty something. :noway:

Rozbee: I record all of my food on my phone app, but I use my computer to post here. I haven’t experienced any problems with posting here because I do it on my computer. Posting on my phone only allows me to respond to one person at a time, so I don’t choose to do it that way very often. :ohwell:

Penny: I watched the images for a few minutes. Thanks for the link. I hope that everyone remains safe and there is no injury or loss of property. :star: I loved the video of the dog yard. It is clear they are happy and well cared for. :smiley:

Machka: Love the photos of you and DH beside the big tree. :heart:

KJLaMore: I’m sorry that you need a D&C, and sorrier still that you have to wait months for it. It would be so much better to be able to get it done and over with. Having the right doctor is important, though. My neighbor has been waiting for a hip replacement surgery for months for that very reason. It takes that long to get into the surgeon of his choice. (((HUGS)))

Beth near Buffalo: Good for you getting your blood labs done. You seem to have good communication with your doctor. :flowerforyou:

Allie: We’ve followed a diet that is low carb and high protein & fat for ages. We are not troubled with being cold. It is time for you to turn up your thermostat &/or dress in many layers. :star:

Have a great day, everyone!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,781 Member
    Lanette--I got signed up and looking forward to it.

Yvonne--Yes it was to be shifts. I didn't see that until today. Go to love spell check.

Not sure what is going on. Last night I logged my food on my phone and this morning when I checked yesterday on my computer it was not there. Several times it seems my phone and computer line up with my logging. Does anyone else have this problem?

Kylia--What a beautiful picture. Keeping the prayers going.

Rori--Good Luck sending prayers and hugs.

KJ--A couple months to think about it is no fun, but if the doctor was worried I would think they would bup you in somewhere. Thanks for the understanding and good thoughts, sending some right back to you. We do what we have to do to keep the home fires burning.

Penny--Stay safe. Thanks for sharing, love hearing about where you live.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,747 Member
    Allie ... as I've been reading about 19:5 fasting, I've come across information about "keto flu." Perhaps you're experiencing something along those lines as your body adapts to your new diet. Cathy and Mary would know more about that. Although I have to say that 62 degrees is cold when the winds are blowing outside...
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Allie ~ I don't know how you stand it at 62%. Georgia in no way has the weather you do and we keep the heat set at 68% to 72%. I guess when you get my age, it just feels colder.

Janet ~ Gorgeous little boy.

Kylia ~ Continued prayers for Aubrey and Paige. So glad the baby is responding.

Kelly ~ I had a D&C for endometriosis and it didn't do much good. Hope you get yours and it works for you.

Penny ~ Stay safe in that storm.

We had an extra cold day today (in the 30's) and the Pom loved it. He has sat on the screened in porch all afternoon and when we try to get him in he looks at us like we are crazy. I did make him come in at one point and found out that his fur didn't feel cold at all so let him go out again. At least the sun was out!

Carol in GA

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    I have electric everything and I'm trying to be conservative..so that's why is so low.. 63 in the living room 62 in the bedroom
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.
  • barbiecat
    :)Viv, I read a really good book called "Decluttering at the Speed of Life" by Dana White. She suggests starting with what she calls "procrasticlutter" which is things like washing and putting away dishes and laundry. Then she says to start a few minutes at a time on "visible clutter"--the things you can see. That way you have a sense of accomplishment immediately.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    DH appears to have hit the wrong jackpot. He is off the chemo again. He had liver inflammation and cardiac problems with it. Only about 2% of people taking this drug have those side effects. Have seen cardiologist and will have ultrasound of heart then see oncologist next week. Will see if they have another drug to try.

My word for the year is "listen". Not sure what I am to listen for but the word was given to me as a "star word" at church on Sunday so I will try it and see what happens.

Paddocks are a muddy mess and of course the horses just have to roll in it. Yuck!

Heather - Love the table!

KJ - Hope things work out well.

Machka - You seem very well organized.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    Hugs to you all. Will send more later. Sitting at colorist getting hair done.

Kylia
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Sue - Prayers for your husband and for you.

Kylia - Yeah for hair color! Did my roots Monday in case I need to make a quick trip home.

Food well in hand today. I went and bought groceries this morning. Held off my first meal until 1. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy. If it is, I probably won’t leave the house. If it isn’t, I will run to Target to get some vitamins and caramel yogurt!

Have a great day, evening, night.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • barbiecat
    :)<3Sue in WA, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's trouble with the chemo. "Listen" seems like a useful word. Listen carefully so you hear what's really being said so you don't make up stories in your head.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Home from Spain will get on the scale tomorrow, assess the damage and get back on the wagon. Might need Pip's boot. Got loads of steps everyday in the sunshine, will miss that. Start tomorrow on my weights and youtube vids again.

LANETTE I have signed up to the documentaries thanks for the link

HEATHER your table looked great and menu was awesome, food and written

DH and I just caught up with LUTHER broadcast at New Year on consecutive nights. Love Idris first saw him in The Wire. Know some of you girls are able to get some of our BBC progs.

Badly needed haircut tomorrow and so to bed

Kate UK <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,320 Member
    edited January 2019
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Home from Spain will get on the scale tomorrow, assess the damage and get back on the wagon. Might need Pip's boot. Got loads of steps everyday in the sunshine, will miss that. Start tomorrow on my weights and youtube vids again.

LANETTE I have signed up to the documentaries thanks for the link

HEATHER your table looked great and menu was awesome, food and written

DH and I just caught up with LUTHER broadcast at New Year on consecutive nights. Love Idris first saw him in The Wire. Know some of you girls are able to get some of our BBC progs.

Badly needed haircut tomorrow and so to bed

Kate UK <3

Kate - Luther is next on my list once I get through the "Silent Witness" series.... stretches over many years! I have been thinking about you and Spain during our cloudy wet weather - jealous that you were able to walk in nice sunshine, lol. B)B)

Lanette
    Chilly & overcast SW WA State
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    DH appears to have hit the wrong jackpot. He is off the chemo again. He had liver inflammation and cardiac problems with it. Only about 2% of people taking this drug have those side effects. Have seen cardiologist and will have ultrasound of heart then see oncologist next week. Will see if they have another drug to try.

My word for the year is "listen". Not sure what I am to listen for but the word was given to me as a "star word" at church on Sunday so I will try it and see what happens.
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)<3Sue in WA, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's trouble with the chemo. "Listen" seems like a useful word. Listen carefully so you hear what's really being said so you don't make up stories in your head.

This is where it can sometimes help to have an "advocate" along with you at the appointments.

My husband's carer ... the really good one from the time he left hospital until early November ... was great for this. We'd review things briefly before the appointment, then she attended all his appointments with him and me, and took notes. She'd prompt me too if there was something I was forgetting to ask.

If you've got a calm, organised family member or friend who can attend with you, and just take notes, have them come. It takes a lot of pressure off.

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    Not eating all Day has been a piece of cake so far. Up since 4 AM and it’s Almost 5
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member

:)