Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    💖
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    (((Kelly))) You are the hardest worker I can imagine! You are a blessing to so many!

Flying...I have often dreamed that I could take off a few feet from the ground and travel about. Wondered why no one else could.

Carol in Ga
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Lenora ... if Noah had been really wise, he would’ve swatted those two flies!

Kelly ... I just told my husband last night that I always dreamed of flying when I was a little girl ...loved your poem.

Beth near Buffalo
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options
    Cari: I had to giggle when I read you list of crafts. I have so many interests and projects on the go that I doubt I will ever finish most of them. Like Barbie, nowadays, I spend a lot of time exercising, which I used to spend crafting.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Been a good day as I got a good walk outside. Unfortunately, the mountain cedar pollen was very bad and I have a headache. Hope everyone is having a good day.
    SueBDew in TX
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,528 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Hey all! Good afternoon and happy Wednesday! Along with Religious Freedom Day (thank you Yvonne), it is also Appreciate Your Dragon Day! lol We have read dragon books, made dragon puppets, played with our fairytale puppets (king, queen, knight and dragon) and of course had tacos for lunch because Dragons Love Tacos!
    Pip- Love all of the photos! What is the occasion for you and your sisters/mom gathering? Beautiful ladies!
    Heather- I always enjoy hearing about your excursions and explores into your new little town! Sometimes I like to go into my town and go into the shops that I NEVER go into (because they are mostly for tourists) and just browse like a tourist.
    Tracey- I have had a few different frozen fish. I have liked the majority of them.
    Karen VA- You would be surprised how many restaurants microwave their broiled/baked/grilled fish! lol Probably not the fancy places, but the "family style" restaurants like Applebees, Chilis, Big Boy, Perkins, etc. I used to work those type of places before my childcare years.
    Cari - Interesting questions. Hmmm....
    What tiny object is most precious to you? I have a small (inch high) die cast Peter Pan that sits on my kitchen window sill. I love him. I talk to him while I wash dishes.

When you've had a tough day, what makes you feel better? SLEEP

What would you like to celebrate? My 100 birthday

What's your biggest wish in life? I wish I could fly. I honestly think God made a mistake in making me human. I even wrote a poem about it a few years ago.
    Forgotten

Dear God,
    Not a mistake, surely
    Just
    A moment’s inattention
    A simple
    Distraction-
    And something forgotten.

Not a mistake, surely
    Just
    A mind’s preoccupation
    A simple
    Knowledge
    Of something more

Not a mistake, surely
    Just
    A heart’s infatuation
    A simple
    Desire
    For something missing

Not a mistake, surely
    Just
    A moment’s inattention
    A simple
    Distraction
    And wings- forgotten

Yeah, I really wish I could fly. BUT...I am afraid I would be like that Maisie bird in the Dr. Seuss' Horton Hatches an Egg. I would fly away to forget responsibility and to see new things and to never come back. lol This is probably the reason God has decided NOT to bless me with money. The temptation to pack up and go would be tremendous!

Just got a call from a perspective daycare family. They want to bring their two boys ages 11 and 5 beginning tonight! Yikes! I can do this! I can do this! I can do this! Amazingly, the boys go to the same school as Trentin (this is amazing because the school they all go to isn't in the school district that my home is located! So...the boys would all be riding the same Harbor Transit bus to get here.)

I better fly! ooops- no wings! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

I’ll answer when I get home
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    The recent ones have these little boxes of questions and conversation starters, called Table Topics. I'll post a few here, if anyone's interested in sharing their answers.

What tiny object is most precious to you?

When you've had a tough day, what makes you feel better?

What would you like to celebrate?

What's your biggest wish in life?

Tiny object: The thing that leaps to mind is my wedding band. It's a simple tungsten band. Not expensive. But it is more about what it symbolises.

Tough Day: Music & prayer.

Celebrate: Life.

Biggest Wish: If I could win the lottery, I would ... buy a house in Canada, buy a house in mainland Australia, and buy a house in France (I have locations in mind). I'd rent them out on a 6-12 month basis ... I've got a rough schedule in mind. Then I'd pack up our stuff and put most of it into storage (again), and we'd travel the world.

But this is where the rent schedule would come in. We might live in France for 6-12 months, attend the language school in Royan, and travel around Europe. Then we might live in Australia for 6-12 months while I finish my current degree, and travel around Australia. Then we might live in Canada for 6-12 months, and I might look at starting/doing a PhD, and travel around Canada. Then we might rent out all the properties and travel around Asia for a while. And so on. :) Any time we felt like settling for a bit, we'd pick a house and stay there for a while. If we felt like a change of scenery, we'd pick a different house or just go travelling.

Now I've just got to win a lottery.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Machka - a strained muscle is so much easier to deal with than something more serious. I bet you’ll truly enjoy your day if no appointments!!!!

The therapist figured it would heal relatively quickly because muscle does heal relatively quickly, at least in comparison with ligaments. Nevertheless, I was looking at a 10K run in mid-Feb and I think I've decided not to do that one. I'd like to do a half marathon in April, and if my leg is going to be in good shape for that, I think I'll need to let it rest and recover a bit more.

My therapist suggested cycling while it is healing, and then doing weights to improve the strength in that muscle. The quad is made up of 4 muscles (hence the name), cycling builds 3 of them, but can leave one rather weak. I've known this for years because it can also lead to knee issues -- the stronger muscles can pull the knee out of alignment. It looks like I've torn that weaker muscle a little bit ... and cycling shouldn't strain it while it heals.

But I sort of knew I should be doing the weight exercises when I started training for the half ... I guess I'll have to take that more seriously.

My day with no appointments feels weird. I feel like I'm missing something and whatever will I do with my lunch hour?

Oh well, I make up for it next week.

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,528 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.42min, 12.3amph, 142mhr, 1.5mi= 79c
    manual treadmill- 7.04min, 130ahr, 143mhr, .5mi= 78c
    floor exer- 29.39min, 26 diff exercises, 2sts of 10ea, 107ahr, 142mhr= 176c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.24min, 133mhr, 16.3amph, 1.4mi= 60c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.01min, 12.1amph, 149mhr, 3mi= 166c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.11min, 9.39min mi, 150mhr, .5mi= 65c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.05min, 150mhr, 8.58min mi, .4mi= 58c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 150mhr, 18.40min, 8.4amph,2.5mi= 225c

total cal 907
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    <3 Happy anniversary Barbie and Jake. Ours was today, but DH no longer has any recognition of dates or holidays, so not celebrating. Same with my bday which was Monday. (Have I mentioned how much I hate dementia?)

Reuben the handyman will be here tomorrow to start an upgrade to our kitchen lighting, and that really is a gift and blessing. :)

Our little car was rear-ended by a truck, and yesterday the appraisal came in. NOT totaled. :D So, guilty party's insurance will cover all repairs and rental. It will go into shop first week of Feb.

Still typing, cooking, cleaning and living with one hand in a splint, so everything takes much longer. Reading this thread everyday, but not replying much for now.

And yes, we can do this. Stay well friends.

Rori
    Still Smiling in
    Colorado Foothills
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Kelly,
    I’ve always been fascinated watching birds fly and wondering what it would feel like. When I was 53 I decided to take paragliding lessons. It took me two series of lessons to get my license..what an experience and I bought a used pair of wings and for ten years had fun riding thermals and seeing the world from the above. Three years ago when I was 65 I came in for a hard landing when the wind switched on me. It made me concerned that my reflexes weren’t as fast as they should be. I sold my wings but am so glad I had the experience. I loved your poem.

Betsy in NW Washington
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Barbie,
    What wonderful news with Jake’s medical. Nice way to start the new year.

Betsy in NW Washington
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Went to water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jari Love’s Extremely Ripped DVD

Welcome everyone new (too many to mention)

M – everyone liked the pavlova. What I like is that it isn’t real heavy or real sweet. But you’re right…it’s hard to serve. I like the texture, too. Crunchy but somewhat gooey in the center. No appointments – a sure sign that miracles do happen.

Vince found another car on Carmax’s Charlotte website almost exactly like the one I was looking at. Only this one had more features, same price but this one was a year younger (which means another year on the warranty) plus 10K less mileage. The only difference we could see was that this one had cloth seats whereas the one I was looking at had leather seats. Either cloth or leather – doesn’t make a difference to me. They do free shipping to Hickory. Same color (wish it was more on the silver line but gray is acceptable). We could ask that this one be shipped to Hickory. If we do, then there’s a hold on that car until we see it. The hold we have on the car in Hickory would go off so someone else can buy it. I’m thinking that we should take the risk

Heather – hope your dh is feeling better real soon

After exercise stopped at the Salvation Army then Big Lots. Got some ornaments – 75% off. Then we went about the car. Unfortunately, the other car in Charlotte had a note that finance was pending. It will probably be sold. So we did buy the other car, a 2015 Elantra. I still have to get used to all the different features.

Got back from ceramics

The most precious object to me is my mother’s wedding ring that I have. What makes me feel better? Lying down Celebrate? Having friends. Biggest wish? For everyone in the world to get along

Tracey – if you download AC Moore’s app, you can get a coupon for 55% off. Michael’s will price match competitor’s coupons

Yea Jake!!!!

Rori – happy anniversary and happy belated birthday. I’m so sorry dh doesn’t remember. You are an angel. I’m sorry to read about your car. What a pain!

Michele in NC