WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :)Rori, Happy Anniversary. At least you can acknowledge the years of your marriage even if your husband can't. You daily care of him is a tribute to your marriage.

:)Michele, congrats on finding a car you like at a price you like.

<3 Barbie
  • PurpleSparkles85
    PurpleSparkles85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Children!!! Now I know my thyroid and mast cell problems keep me cooler than the rest of the bunch, (unless I’m reacting to something) but I was freezing a bit ago so I go to check the thermostat and what do I find? My daughter has the air conditioner on at 65°F and it’s pretty cold outside. Just the last straw in a bunch of nonsense tonight. Argghh! Guess I’ll just watch something and settle down so I can go to bed. And my husband just woke up, and he’s gathering up the garbage cans for the trash in the morning—it’s midnight! It’s not what we had for dinner, we had different things. 😜
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Kelly - I loved your poem.

Machka - I think buying shoes was a great way to spend your lunch! I also wish for you that you win the lottery. What a life that would be!

Rori - My heart breaks thinking of your husband having Dementia. My Mom has Alzheimer's, last year was the first time in my life my Mom didn't wish me a Happy Birthday. It was hard to handle.

Michele - we don't have an AC Moore here in Canada. I have heard about them though and truly wish we did. The problem is Michael's has very little competition here so they don't go out of their way to help anyone.

I am going out with my daughter and granddaughter in the morning so am checking in tonight. Our car is not starting 100% of the time. I have a lot of running around to do tomorrow so am going to be driven around rather than risk getting stranded somewhere.

Ok, I'm out have a good night everyone.
    Tracey in a snowy Edmonton
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Wasn't feeling too well yesterday, so had a lazyish day. I had to go out to get my dad his papers but left my fitbit charging at home, :s It didn't matter too much though because my step count was very low anyway.

Feeling a little better today, but as I didn't eat much yesterday, I'm hoping it will reflect on the scales today - I can but hope.

Michele I'm the same, as soon as I get rid of anything, the space is soon filled with something else :)

Pip lovely photo.

Barbara, I must admit it was easier to help mum declutter her house than doing it to mine. I was quite hard on her, when she said she wanted to keep something I asked her if she was going to use it or did she really really want it, if not I put it in either the trash or donate bag. (Now if only I could apply the same rules to myself :| )

Loved all the photo's of the dogs they are so cute, as for the story about the person that left their collie dog to die, because they couldn't get to it, I don't think I could have done that, glad the dog managed to get itself home though, some dogs are very resourceful.

<3 Viv UK
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,116 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    What tiny object is most precious to me?
    I have a crochet hook given to me by my grandmother when she taught me to crochet when I was a small child. She crocheted lace, and I used to watch her for hours. I thought I had lost it a few years ago and was surprised at how devastated I felt, and how relieved I was when it turned up. My daughter bought me loads of beautiful fine cotton threads a couple of Christmases ago, and I have been putting it to good use.

When I've had a tough day? I walk it off, or put on loud rock music and dance my socks off! 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

What would I like to celebrate? A long happy, fit and healthy life, and a telegram from King William when I pass 100.

What's my biggest wish in life? That the fatheads in this world will see sense and finally start running things for the good of all people, instead of for their own aggrandisement. (Not holding my breathe for that one!)

This morning we're off to our dance class, so must dash and get ready. It's run by the lifelong charity that I volunteer for. We learn a mixture of ballroom, latin, and modern dance.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Ladies need a bit of advice, thinking of trying veg juicing but don't want to buy special equipment in case I don't like it. I do have a food processor with some sort of juicing attachment but not sure if that's suitable. Any advice would be great.

Kate UK <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kate Never have done juicing but will be interested to follow this as it unfolds.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Last night went...well. For the most part. The two new boys arrived at 4:45 and got busy playing (loudly) with Trentin in the living room. At 4:45, I usually have two dayshift daycare families still with me. ... SO...when their mom arrived at 10:30 to pick them up

How long do you have kids there each day?

If it is more than 8 hours, you're amazing!!

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA ~ I think I need to attend your GS's class on percentages, interest, etc. It's beyond me... ;)

Kelly ~ I don't know how you keep your sanity with so many long hours. Praying for a miracle for you and your family so you can cut down on all the work you are doing. You deserve some "me" time and I know you are not getting much if any.

(((Kim)))

Tiniest Thing: New born babes....whether they be human or from the animal family.

Biggest Wish: The ability to move/walk without pain and being out of breath. And, a resurgence of the energy I once had to get things done.

Carol in GA