• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Dear Grammy, I think Griffin wins!

He did a great job!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Karen VA you are one terrifc lifeline for your grandson, keep up your guidance, what a treasure you have in each other!

Machka only spent 1.5 hours in the dds chair yesterday to have a temporary crown, I too am hoping that the crown will hold the fractured tooth togther and I won't have to have root canal. I've been with the same dds for 26 years, he is a blessing, very methodical, conservative and sensitive, though he does talk on and on, he is the only dds my DH will go to and his has been severely traumatized in his life with dental problems, so that's saying alot. Here's hoping you don't have to face the root canal either.

Well due to an impending ice storm in the NE this Sunday, we are hightailing it to DC tonight with DD in tow to get her to her internship. We were determined that she do it on her own but the weather was not going to cooperate so we stay in a hotel tonight and get her internship housing tomorrow then hightail it back to NY before the ice freezes us off the roads.

Stay safe everyone.

NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Ppppp
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Thank you for letting me post grandson posts. I’ll settle down soon.
    m0y966oce3ay.jpeg

Oh, Karen. That was delightful! "Be reasonable." "Let me off the hook." Just beautiful. :love:

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    Janet that Olivia looks like a model! Her apple didn't fall far... Thanks for the Track 3 recommendation.

I'm sorry I have a Charge 3, not a Track 3 (not sure there is such a thing). Its the same as Lisa's Charge HR but with an update.

Janetr OKC
  • cariwaldick
    cariwaldick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    (Interesting questions recap: What tiny object is most precious to you?
    When you've had a tough day, what makes you feel better?
    What would you like to celebrate?
    What's your biggest wish in life?
    If you were to send a thank you note to someone, whom would you thank?
    Who is a good friend to you?
    What small thing did you do recently, that made someone very happy?)

What's the biggest surprise you've ever had?

What color do you most like to wear?

Okie--Good for you! I've always envied people with long, skinny feet. I don't mind the leopard print, or even the point, but I need another half inch up my foot to feel comfortable. If they don't cover my toes, I don't buy them, and I'd prefer them even further past the widest part of my foot. Lately I've been living in ankle high boots, and I'm not looking forward to summer, when I won't be able to find anything that fits.

Tracey--I've got a 2,000 square foot home I love. I moved out of a 2,000 square foot home I didn't love. My husband is a pack-rat, bordering on hoarder, and he left ME to pack up that house by myself. Never again! I'll divorce him before I do that again. I had a month, and still I was scrambling to get the moving truck loaded at the last minute the night before I left. 40,000 comic books, hundreds of games, thousands of books, and more manuals, magazines, guides, and junk associated with his hobbies had to be dealt with--by me. All that on top of the normal home stuff accumulated over 25 years. I purged a LOT, gave away a lot, threw away a lot, and still packed a full semi-trailer floor to ceiling--and not much was furniture.

My sentimental nature died that month. Baby clothes, kids artwork, cards, pictures, and keepsakes, were all pared down to what could fit in one box. Nothing was sacred. Now, I'm choosy about what comes into my house. If I don't have a place for it, it doesn't come. Our kids will have to deal with our stuff when we're gone, and I'd rather they fight over what remains, than fight over who has to deal with the junk.

Good luck on your loan!

Karen in VA--Thanks for the picture of the instant pot ceramic liner. Now I've got something else for my wish list. even if my stainless doesn't stick, it would be nice to have a second insert, so I could cook back to back things in it.

Your grandson has met his match! I love that you're making him write. So many kids today don't have a grasp on writing more than a sentence or two. He'll hate it, but he'll thank you later.

Pip--Those dogs are adorable. Mine gets antsy when I point the phone/camera at him, so it's rare to get a good shot of him.

Machka--Yay for the red shoes! For some reason, I always think shoes in colors have more energy and excitement--and so would I if I wore them. Just curious, how do you pronounce your name? I've been thinking of it with a hard ch sound, but I don't think that's right. I'm glad your dental appointment went well. I had N.O. when I had my braces put in as a kid. It's wonderful stuff. The marathon video worked for me. Great job! You were only a little bit behind those youngsters; you should be proud.

Michele--I don't miss NC drivers when it comes to snow and ice--or even rain. I grew up in Ohio, where snow and ice was a fact of life, and you couldn't just put everything on hold until it passed. I learned to drive in it. My driver's ed teacher even took us to a parking lot after a snow, so we could do donuts and learn to turn into a skid. From what I've seen of Texan drivers, they believe a truck fixes everything--even ice-covered roads. It's flatter here, so even if they're not good at driving in it, there are fewer hills for major slides.

Sue--Prayers for your husband and his new cancer treatment.

KetoneKaren--Love that poem. It reminds me of surviving--like domestic abuse or toxic relationships.

Kate--I was feeling a twinge of envy for your housing situation, then I realized I've got nearly the same situation here--except for the nearby beach. I'm a bicycle ride from a park, I've got lots of town amenities nearby, I'm a short car, bus, or train ride from a large, recreational lake, and I'm just as close to the city of Dallas and the airport. I might like a little more seclusion from the traffic and nearby apartments, but otherwise it's perfect.

Cari in N. Texas
  • cariwaldick
    cariwaldick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    What an adorable essay by your grandson, Karen. You might point out that you're not trying to be mean, but hoping to inspire him to go above and beyond what's required. The world is full of people who do what's required, but being successful sometimes means doing more than the minimum. Since it's only extra credit, maybe he could submit his Granny essay to his teacher?

If I was to send a thank-you to someone....there are so many! My high school band director comes to mind. She was not only the woman who took our small-town band to a fourth place win in national competition--twice, but she also taught lessons in perseverance, hard work, practice, and going above and beyond. She gave me rides to our practice field, helped me get money to travel to competitions, and loaned me a school instrument for my years in band.

Who is a good friend to me? My daughter. My husband is a good partner, but she's a friend. I don't make friends easily, and never had a best friend. We moved a lot when I was growing up, so I was often the new kid. The small thing I did recently that made someone very happy? I let my in-laws park their car in my space in the garage, while they'll be traveling for a few months. I don't mind being outside in the driveway, and it gives them peace of mind, knowing their car is protected. The biggest surprise I've ever had? I'm not often surprised. I can usually see things coming. I was surprised when I found out I was pregnant with my son. I was 5 months along when they finally did an ultrasound. I was halfway through before we knew he was coming. The color I most like to wear is changing. I typically love black on the bottom, but now that I'm losing weight, I love to wear colors. I think I look good in blue/green, but I'll go for the brightest color available.

Time to get up and get out of here. We're having the warmest day we'll have in the next week or so. My poor lemon tree has to come inside again. I don't think it'll tolerate a hard freeze. Need to get a bike ride in before it gets too late.

Cari in N. Texas
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Karen AKA Griffen’s Grammy – Great letter! I need him to write all my letters! That’s priceless!

Hugs to all !

What's the biggest surprise you've ever had? I was about 16/17 and I got skis, boots, poles, and my mom who was an amazing seamstress made me bib ski pants and a jacket – the jacket was red and the pants were stripes white and blue stars, it was the most amazing Christmas ever! Although I am sure I looked like an American Flag coming down the hill…

What color do you most like to wear? Probably purple, but I love jeans or black on the bottom (I’m always sitting in something inappropriate for light colors) and color on the top – I really am lucky and can look good in most color except yellow and tan

Kim from N. California
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for your sympathy on my neighbours illness
    Lanette I too am buying B vitamins for DH and myself

Kate UK <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: I have been unable to watch Live Longer Feel Better this time around. Thank you for sharing the info on Vitamin B3/niacinamide. I'll be off to the store soon to get some. :flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Machka: Very pretty shoes. I have a similar pair with peep toes.

☘️ Terri
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    About shoes. Mine today:

gdmqdcrwkglh.jpg

Casual Friday at its best! I know this is Pip approved.

Felicia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    About shoes. Mine today:

gdmqdcrwkglh.jpg

Casual Friday at its best! I know this is Pip approved.

Felicia

My sistaaaaa u know I approve!!!

x39mj4s1wris.jpeg