WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Machka - I LOVED the only time I was given nitrous oxide, because I end up tensing every muscle when they're working in my mouth, and I'm exhausted by the time it's complete. The nerve block injections actually work on me, can't imagine how I'd feel if they didn't!

They've never worked on me. I've always had to be given so much anaesthetic that the entire side of my face, including my eyeball and up into my hair, and right down my neck to my shoulder has been "asleep".

After a dental appointment, I've pretty much always had to come home and go to sleep because I've felt so awful. And yes, I tense up a lot too!!

This was better ... still painful, but I was more relaxed and didn't care as much. The only thing was that I really badly wanted to fall asleep in the dental chair ... I felt like I was right on the edge of dropping into a really deep sleep, and felt a bit frustrated that I didn't.

Oh well, I've been pretty relaxed this evening. :)

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Kate Wow. That's a neat story. You have become stewards of your Council house!

(((Beth))) I know you were simply trying to figure out the reason that Mom didn't forewarn Kelly...and I think you were very likely correct about her reason. My heart does go out to her in the most poignant, empathic way possible. The grandson that I online school is a Meltdown Man (not as severe as Kelly's little man). His parents have been at their wits end for 12 years, but he's a lot better now, since his dad has finally laid off him, & since he is getting his schooling online.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ketone Karen I love the poem ,could you send that to me please..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Ketone Karen I love the poem ,could you send that to me please..

Allie, here are 2 links for you:
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Hopefully this will work ... this is my Cadbury Marathon video of me coming across the finish line. It's about 1 minute.

There's a purple into, then you see a child followed by someone in blue shorts. Both of those were in the 5K (they've got red numbers) ........ and then me in a blue top and black knickers (with a yellow number) doing an odd limping jog. My right leg was killing me!!

Then there's a pause while the camera angle changes, and I'm coming across the line again. My right leg didn't have the strength to try to keep in front of the lady overtaking me on the line. :grin:

31845046177_d2575b3348_z.jpg by Machka, on Flickr

Great video. Even with your pain you look strong. Very nice pace. Congratulations, again, on a race well run.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Kate - I'm on the other side of the Pennines, no snow here in York (yet) thank goodness, although it was frosty this morning. I'm keeping an eye on the weather forecast.

On shoes, I'm another one that can't wear heels, I was never into the high stiletto type anyway, but liked a high wedge. :) Now I go for small heels but not flats.

Heather - I hope you feel better soon, and hope your DH recovers from his chest infection .

Janet - Olivier is beautiful, pretty eyes.

Need to get some chores done, been looking after my dad whilst mum went to Asda.

Have a good Friday

<3 Viv UK
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Allie Lisa's insightful post reminded me of this poem by Mary Oliver:

The Journey

One day you finally knew
    what you had to do, and began,
    though the voices around you
    kept shouting
    their bad advice--
    though the whole house
    began to tremble
    and you felt the old tug
    at your ankles.
    "Mend my life!"
    each voice cried.
    But you didn't stop.
    You knew what you had to do,
    though the wind pried
    with its stiff fingers
    at the very foundations,
    though their melancholy
    was terrible.
    It was already late
    enough, and a wild night,
    and the road full of fallen
    branches and stones.
    But little by little,
    as you left their voices behind,
    the stars began to burn
    through the sheets of clouds,
    and there was a new voice
    which you slowly
    recognized as your own,
    that kept you company
    as you strode deeper and deeper
    into the world,
    determined to do
    the only thing you could do--
    determined to save
    the only life you could save.

Nice. I love Oliver. Did you see that she recently passed away?

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    w36dzg4jp5u2.jpeg
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Kayla check out my blog on RV tips and trips. PM me if you want the web address. We’re not supposed to post them on here. My DH focuses on eating and suggests cooking and deboning chicken before you leave so you can make salads, sandwiches, and easy to heat meals along the way. My suggestion is make sure you bring plenty of bottled water. 8 bottles per day per person.

RV Rita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Decided to post my website in spoiler form.
    Www.twoboundinginthecuckoosnest.com

>:) My DH hasn’t seen my green BF pic yet! >:)

RV Rita
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Tracy in Edmonton: Fingers crossed for your loan. I hope the insurance comes through and things get sorted out in your favor. :star:

Karen in VA: You are amazing! I love hearing about your grandson. :bigsmile:

TerriRichards: I love your green clover. Where did you find it? :huh:

M in Oz: Your red shoesare wonderful. I predict that you enjoy them. :star: Fingers crossed for a painless root canal. :flowerforyou:

Sue in WA: I hope the infusion your DH has in Seattle will be effective and have ho unpleasant side effects. :heart:

Kim: My last experience with Michaels wasn’t very good, either. JoAnn’s is much better. Both are about 25 miles away from where I live. :ohwell:

Janetr: Olivia is a beautiful girl! :flowerforyou:

DH has an appointment with his eye doctor this morning and can’t find his hearing-aides. We’re off to a less than optimal start. I hope things get better.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Cari - I cannot give up my crafts either. I have been a crafter since I was a child and have had many interests over the years. When my girls were teens I didn’t make time for crafts for a couple of years. It really messed with my mental health looking back on it.

Karen - love the “torture” you have planned for today. I can’t wait to hear about it.

Allie - hope the new doctor soon realizes he is being rude and things settle down. Work stress affects everything.

Machka - great to hear dentist procedure went well

Kate - I agree with Karen. My brother and I were not able to remember everyone when our Dad passed. We decided if we told the most “gossipy” people we knew word would spread. 4 years later there were still people telling us they weren’t aware. Her son is probably just trying to get through.

Barbara - I have been applying for jobs abd there are lots posted to apply for. The problem is there are still 1000’s unemployed here with lots of experience and education. The last I heard from anyone in s hiring position there were on average 200 applicants in the first day of a job posting. The stats say the unemployment rate is lower but if you talk to people on the street it is only that EI has ended for a lot of people. So I’m still applying and being hopeful.

Today I am going to go hide in the craftroom. I have a lot to accomplish in the next week. My granddaughters birthday party is next Saturday and then my daughters birthdays are Feb 3 and 5!

Have a great day everyone
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Barbara - I hadn’t noticed any difference with the IF vs normal eating. I think it was the canned diet coke I drank quickly because I was tired and heading out the door for an appt. Much better today. One thing I’m loving about IF is it cuts down my snacking. I am a HUGE snacker. Since I have a hard cut off time for eating, then I can’t snack. I have had to remember to have my gummy vitamins during my window instead of at bedtime :smile:

Okie