WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Sending good thoughts for your poor, sick DH. I hope he is getting enough fluids. I like chicken soup when I have a cold. There are loads of articles on the benefits of homemade chicken soup for those with respiratory illnesses. Peter Rabbit’s mom knew what she was talking about. She also recommended chamomile tea. I prefer peppermint tea. (((HUGS)))

Rita: I’m glad to hear that you’re enjoying your life and the park where you are hosting. :star:

Have a great day!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    B)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    😁💟
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) Today was a day of rest. Even though I slept pretty well last night, I took a two hour nap after lunch and feel very much revived.

<3Heather, when I had my terrible cold for two weeks after Christmas, I was so tired all the time and spent lots of extra hours in bed so I know how your husband feels. As a high energy person, I was so discouraged by the fatigue.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW WA
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Heather - so sorry your husband still isn’t improving. There is a terrible strain this year going around.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    Viv - Haven't booked yet. My friend lives in a new riverside flat. I have been to York a few times and love it. I usually stay at the Grand, but I might choose something less expensive this time. Feeling hard up. I want to go to the Railway Museum. Haven't been for years. I love trains. My house is full of railway posters. :D
    If it wasn't for my difficult friend I might even be looking forward to it.

Katla - He just seems worse and worse. He was even crying tonight, he is so fed up with feeling so weak and coughing all the time. Can't get any rest. I have been giving him soup as there isn't much he fancies. :'(

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Do you have a walk-in clinic (after hours clinic)?

About 18 months ago, I got like that with a "cold" that was hanging on and hanging on and it just seemed to be getting worse, and I was trying to do homework in the evenings and work during the day and it was all falling apart ... and when I finally burst into tears my husband took me to an after hours clinic. Turns out I had bronchitis. A few days on antibiotics, and I was much more myself.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Hello all! I tried to post a couple of times in the past couple days and I just erased it because I felt it was too long and I was talking too much about the new daycare family! SO...suffice it to say, the past two days with the new family have gone WONDERFULLY! I went from two/three meltdowns on the first day, to one on Friday, then none yesterday! We came close yesterday, but were able to calm him before things got out of control! He actually even sat down and ate meals with us Friday and Saturday, too. Hurray! Thank you for all of your kind words and concerns! I am so glad it has worked out and I don't have to make tough choices in regards to caring for him. Friday we went on another night hike and explored the beach in winter. Found lots of driftwood. Yesterday I got the sleds and snowboards out and the boys had a ball sledding/boarding on the slope behind my house. They had hot cocoa and granola bars for post sledding snack at 6:30pm, so we ate dinner at 8:00. (They did, I ate my dinner while they had hot cocoa.) SO...today is just Trentin. I need to make a ham and prep some fresh fruits and veggies for tomorrow's Mid Winter Luau!
    I can't remember who asked; Machka maybe? I have children in my house from 6:30am-11:30pm about five days a week; then Trentin on every other weekend from 11:30-11:30 and the new boys every Saturday from 4:00pm-11:30pm. I usually have two weekday evenings child free (usually Tuesday and Thursday).
    Machka- Love your beautiful vacation photos and your marathon video is fantastic. You must be good at hiding pain, because you look like powerful woman running that last leg of the race! Hope you feel better soon in regards to your root canal.

I don't know how you do it. I worked in childcare for a couple years and was always so glad when 5:30 pm rolled around and I could send them all home.

And thanks!

I am still struggling with both leg and tooth pain. I had to jog for the bus this morning ... ouch!!!

M in Oz

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    And my D followed by a colon turned into emojis! What????
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kay I love the emoji designated for your husband. In emoji world a colon followed by a D is a :D and a D followed by a colon is D:
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Great story, @drkatiebug. Men!!! LOL!!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    And my D followed by a colon turned into emojis! What????

Kay
    , LOL! Men, eh? Love it how they "get it" on delay sometimes. I thought the sad/surprised D: emoji fit perfectly!

Machka - sorry to hear your "streak" was interrupted. It won't be long now though, and it will be done. I think the end is in sight for you.

Kelly - I am so glad you are able to schedule actual vacations throughout the year. Those are super long days - if you worked in private industry you'd be betting major overtime. Are you able to charge more for the evening kids?

Rebecca - I forgot to tell you how much I love your haircut! And your supermodel hair always looks so nice = great body. I'm jealous!! <3<3:D

Beth - I decided to make some chicken curry soup today. I peeled and chunked up one of those delicata squash and cooked it in chicken broth along with lots of other veggies and it was great. Yes, that little squash was pretty sweet! Cubed up some rotisserie chicken I had in the fridge, added some coconut milk and red curry paste and canned drained chickpeas so now I have lunch for a few days.

All of you in the big chill - please drive safely and keep warm! Astounding the temperature plunging so far below zero for a few days then warming then freezing again. Geeze, hope it doesn't tear up the roads too badly.

I saw videos of blizzard conditions in southern Indiana and elsewhere on Facebook today. Brought back memories, for sure. Lots of fun when you're a kid but when a person has to navigate snowdrifts driving to work and appointments, the fun stops. I am cold just thinking about it.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy National Cheese Lover's Day!

"Don't feel bleu, throw a feta or act capricious. January 20th is a gouda day to kummin over and have some cheddar or asiago or... ." I had mozzarella-stuffed chicken breasts for dinner in honor of the day.

Okie - Love those peep-toe pumps! I can't do pointy toes or high heels, but I could probably wear those if the heels are low. I wear platforms sometimes when I'm wearing a dress or fancy pants - low heel but still a little lift. But I don't dress up often, so I'm usually in Chuck Taylors. Or barefoot, since I work from home!

Beth - Great news about your dad being released!

Kim - My mom made me all kinds of lovely things. I particularly remember a red and white velvet skating suit and a beautiful high-necked prom dress with loads of lace trim. Both of those were Christmas surprises. I like to wear jewel tones. I can wear some form of most colors except for yellow.

Felicia - My husband Philip really loves his Fivefingers! I don't like stuff between my toes like that so I haven't tried them.

Michele - Chocolate bran muffins sound yummy! That reminds me, I have some leftover cranberry-orange sauce that needs to be made into muffins.

Skimming through many, many posts to catch up. I'm really feeling the loss of my cell phone - thank goodness my new one will be here tomorrow! I'm actually thinking about finding out how much it would cost to fix the old one just to have a backup.

On the other hand, I got really sick Friday and spent most of the weekend on the sofa so I didn't feel up to doing much with email anyway. I didn't log anything because I pretty much didn't eat anything.

Today I felt up to a trip to the outlet mall to buy some new walking shoes so I'll be all set to pick up my step count where I left off. I have wide feet and very high arches. Much as I love the Chuck Taylors, my tootsies were beginning to suggest gently that maybe I should consider better support for long, serious walks.

Anyhow, when I got home I weighed whether to do some work on getting the front porch put back together or go for a motorcycle ride. I decided on the ride but Red Molly didn't want to start so I had to plug in the battery trickle charger and hope for a ride tomorrow. But I ended up not doing anything productive either.

Thinking of you all and wishing you the best!

-Yvonne in TX
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

My day for food went way way out of kilter! A friend and I went for Chinese (which can be difficult) but I figured I could do this and then she decided to get a dinner combo for the 2 of us that was to serve 6! There was bok choy, sweet spareribs, rice, a broth soup, salt and pepper shrimp, a WHOLE tilapia in a brown gravy with tofu, oysters in ginger sauce, and some other dish it was chicken in sauce… It was good, but way too much, and honestly the bok choy and the salt and pepper shrimp were all I needed. This gal is thin as a rail, exercises like a maniac – not unusual for her to do an hour of bar class, an hour of step and walk 5-8 miles – she also works full time - We both had very small helpings of rice, then I tried everything, just a small spoonful, and had more of what I liked. No dinner for me! Lots of herbal tea to wash the sodium out.

Its raining a ton and windy, this is all supposed to stop by morning, I have a morning and afternoon gardening job tomorrow so hope it does.

Hugs to all! Thinking good thoughts for everyone dealing with the crud.

Kim from N. California
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Awe Lanette, my hair fools you! I think having hiperparathyroidism has made my hair thin, and wiry! I think my hair and nails are just showing the remnants of the disease. But thank you! I had a guy cut my hair. He was a young guy, with long curly yuppy hair! He listened to what I wanted my hair to do, and took his time. I will go back to him next time!
    💗Rebecca
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did Wii training games today. The plan for tomorrow is to hold my plank and then take the extreme pump class.

I’m going to mahjongg tonight to the gal whose house I usually go on Mondays since one gal who used to play with us who moved to Charlotte is coming up. Lectored at the church…yuk on Sunday.

Back…found out that the pastor is retiring. Hopefully, the new pastor will be more open to people performing multiple tasks. Like to me, every lector should have to also be an usher (except for the people in the choir). Then we’d certainly have enough ushers

Beth – one time it had stopped snowing, the roads were fine, I went to the Y and they were closed!

KJ – don’t EVER worry about your posts being too long. That family must be really grateful to you. If I were in that situation, I know I would be. Regarding weather: regardless of what they are predicting, I still feel “I’ll believe it when it’s on the ground”. At least most times I hold to this

NYKaren – is all this talk about the temp of yogurt when you make yogurt in the IP?

Katla – hope you’re feeling better real soon.

Made chocolate chip cookies for Vince and to take some tonight

Heather – I hope your husband feels better fast.

Played mahjongg with a gal we used to play with that moved to Charlotte. It was real nice to see her.

Kate – priceless. MEN!!!!

Yvonne – so glad you’re feeling better

Michele in NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    NYYKAREN I hope you got home safely.

Add - oh I see you did make it home safe and sound. Yay!