WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) I have been eyeing the frozen pizza with cauliflower crust at the grocery store for several weeks. Today we bought one and had it for lunch. Jake was willing to try something new. It was delicious--great spices along with fewer calories and less sodium than the other "healthier" frozen pizzas we've bought before He said he would eat it again. It seems to me that the problem with pizza is that the crust has most of the calories along with the nutritional equivalent of eating the cardboard box.

:)Heather, congrats to you for saying No to your friends about an outing that doesn't suit you.

<3 Barbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    CONSTELLATION :D<3
    phdfu89e23dx.jpg
    In the distance you can see the cream Regency terraces that Brighton and Hove is famous for. The skeleton object in the sea is the remains of the West Pier which burnt down years ago. The tall needle is the i360 that you can go up in a pod.
    I LOVE my run. :D
    Heather UK XXXXXX

Very nice! :)

And it's good to have an interesting place to run ... it can be motivational.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    The recent ones have these little boxes of questions and conversation starters, called Table Topics. I'll post a few here, if anyone's interested in sharing their answers.

What tiny object is most precious to you?

When you've had a tough day, what makes you feel better?

What would you like to celebrate?

What's your biggest wish in life?

Tiny object: The thing that leaps to mind is my wedding band. It's a simple tungsten band. Not expensive. But it is more about what it symbolises.

Tough Day: Music & prayer.

Celebrate: Life.

Biggest Wish: If I could win the lottery, I would ... buy a house in Canada, buy a house in mainland Australia, and buy a house in France (I have locations in mind). I'd rent them out on a 6-12 month basis ... I've got a rough schedule in mind. Then I'd pack up our stuff and put most of it into storage (again), and we'd travel the world.

But this is where the rent schedule would come in. We might live in France for 6-12 months, attend the language school in Royan, and travel around Europe. Then we might live in Australia for 6-12 months while I finish my current degree, and travel around Australia. Then we might live in Canada for 6-12 months, and I might look at starting/doing a PhD, and travel around Canada. Then we might rent out all the properties and travel around Asia for a while. And so on. :) Any time we felt like settling for a bit, we'd pick a house and stay there for a while. If we felt like a change of scenery, we'd pick a different house or just go travelling.

Now I've just got to win a lottery.

If you were to send a Thank you not to someone, whom would it be?

I rarely send thank you notes.

I prefer to tell people face to face or in emails or whatever ... a more immediate communication.

Who is a good friend to you?

My best friend is my husband ... that's partly why this past year has been so difficult. It's not just having everything change between marriage partners, it's also losing an element of the friendship as well.

My mother is also a good friend. We haven't always had a great relationship, but I think it gets better with age.

What small thing did you do recently, that made someone very happy?

One of the new side effects of my husband's brain injury is that it is very easy to do small things to make him happy ... suggesting that we have ice cream, for example, can have him beaming.

What's the biggest surprise you have ever had?

That I'd actually be living in Australia.

What color do you most like to wear?

Blue ... and there's a certain shade of blue I'm most attracted to.

Oddly enough, if you were to ask, what's the most common colour in your wardrobe, it's actually black. For years I wore black ... and people started commenting. "Why don't you wear something with more colour?" It's still almost an effort for me to buy clothes with colour, and I don't have very many things in my favourite shade of blue. But I like wearing that blue ... I feel good in it.

Machka in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did Ab workout with Gilad DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do some training games on the Wii.

M – I’m glad this root canal is going better for you and hope it continues to do so.

I don’t think I’d like a class reunion with multiple classes. Not that I’d go if we had a high school reunion. I just didn’t think those years were anything special. We had a 25 year reunion of our grammar school a while back (over 20 years ago) and that I made sure to go to. It’s surprising how many of our classmates were no longer with us

Supposed to lector at the church tomorrow am so I won’t be going to mass tonight. I really don’t like the Sunday morning service. Why did I say that I’d do it?

Made some more chocolate bran muffins. Just realized that I was getting low.

Rita – thanks so much for the big smile you gave me. Illegal alien…priceless

Barbie – even some restaurants are offering the cauliflower crust! Personally, I really like it.

Clothing: I need to have light colors on top and dark colors on bottom. Sometimes this can be a real challenge

Michele in NC
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Katla... I had to research the yellow squash with green stripes ... it’s a delicata! Now to find the best way to cook it.
  • Machka9
    Options
    We have vinyl flooring in our bathroom.
    We have a scale with little rubber feet.
    We've got yellow spots on the vinyl flooring where the rubber feet of the scale have touched.

We did not know that there's a chemical reaction between between vinyl and rubber which causes yellow spots!!
    http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-remove-yellowing-from-vinyl-flooring/

Now I'm trying some of those methods to remove it.

It's all about Googling these days. :)

Machka in Oz
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Janetr - I can definitely see that Olivia takes after her grandma :)

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    DH still awful. I didn't get to sleep until 1.30, turning over my crossness with my 'difficult friend' who doesn't get NO for an answer. She's accepted it at last, but doesn't like it and is still agitating everyone but me to go to France to her house and to Bordeaux. Well, I'm not going, but my brain is still arguing. :s:'(:# Grrrrrrrrrr!
    I read for a bit . I'm in the guest bedroom/my study. Too much coughing to share a bed! I'm reading a biography of Winston Churchill.
    Will do my exercises, slowly. Have a quiet day. DH is barely creeping about.
    I would love to run, but I will listen to my body. The worst thing is how depressed you feel. :'(

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER so sorry to hear about your friends attitude, stick to your guns. Re your cold virus, from watching the docu series Vit C is wonderful, DH and I take it every day but Im going to massively increase the dose. Sounds daft but Im waiting to see if it works when either of us starts with a cold. Just need to get DH on board as Ive ordered B vits as well he'll say not more supplements. He is 78 in March doesn't eat a very healthy diet so he probably needs them more than I do. Well we'll see :/

Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    I am up and having my tea..... last night had a blast with my friends.. Trudy made chili, today she is making chicken cordon blue, but no breading on mine, thats a true friend knowing what i am eating and helping me stick to it..
    I did gain a couple of lbs over yesterday but had quite a bit of sodium so i know it will come right back off.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kate UK. <3 I've managed to drag through all my exercises except strength training and weights. Did machines and yoga stretching. I'm fending the worst of it off so far compared to poor DH. :'(
    I even managed 300 words of my memoir. o:) And I did one 'change of address' I've been putting off. Phew! I still have a few more to do before the mail redirection runs out at the end of the month. Will do one more this pm.
    The sun is shining. I have to go out to get beans for a lamb stew so can add a few steps to bring me up to 600 calories. That means I can eat. :D
    By the way, in the photo of the seafront that I posted, in the middle distance is a small, brick oval building right in the middle of the promenade. Those are toilets and are the halfway point of my 5k, where I run round them to come home. :p I am happy when they come into my line of vision. They also mark the bottom of the road that leads up to my son's house and is the route the grandchildren take to the beach. <3<3<3 The toilets are at the start of the Parkrun, by the café, and the route runs to either side of them, twice round, up and down. I haven’t done a Parkrun since November, but will start again soon.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx