WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)Beth, IF wouldn't work for me because I get dizzy if I don't eat every few hours but I'm glad it's working for you. It's another example of "the best eating plan is the one you'll stick to". I, too, am surprised when I show up somewhere and find that it's been cancelled because of bad weather.

:)Heather, I'm sorry to hear that your difficult friend continues to be difficult. When I tell someone that I'm not available, I don't like to be argued with about it. Hope you and DH feel better soon.

:) The dogs and I are up on time and have walked for 30 minutes, then eaten our breakfast, and are eager to go on our after breakfast walk with our friend. We are enjoying the slightly more daylight each morning.

<3 Barbie in beautiful NW WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    En route to visit DED and her boys. New iPhone is super fast, a big improvement. Already did HIIT and lower body workout to get ahead.

Heather: Love your seafront. Having somewhere like that to walk makes all the difference. Hope hubby gets better soon and you keep it at bay. Totally understand your wish to stay home. Some people don’t know how to take ‘no’ for an answer.
    KJ: You have the magic touch with kids. They are so lucky to have you in their lives.
    Karen VA: Great way to get your grandson to do his work. He’s learning and doesn’t know it yet. He deserved the reprieve.

Well we’re nearly there so will sign off.

☘️ Terri
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    beth we made it home before the storm! We had a very quick goodbye at the front of Rachel’s new apt just a block from the Capitol Building. The overnight storm has left us with mostly ice and the temps are dropping severely so I’m staying in for the next two days!!

kJ take the temp of the milk after it reaches 180, it has to drop down to lower than 110 Fahrenheit. The not set yogurt is essentially kefir and is drinkable, don’t throw it out. Also make sure the live culture from old yogurt you use is room temperature before adding it to the milk. Hope these tips work, the temps are super important to the process in the instant pot. I’ve actually just started my weekly batch.

Home bound weekend will help the two of us get paperwork cleared up and decluttering projects finished.

Stay warm and cozy everyone. NYKAREN
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    w5cz64fc5utl.png

I feel your pain right now thermometer says 0 degrees here.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    For Georgia, 32 degrees is pretty darn cold! :)

I really feel for all you Northerners!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    w5cz64fc5utl.png

I feel your pain right now thermometer says 0 degrees here.

Cold here too, 18 degrees, and I have daffodils trying to bloom. I suppose those just popping through the soil will be okay, but not too hopeful for those that were already forming buds. :(

Staying in today and watching football championship games <3

Janetr OKC

• efricke1
    efricke1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    w5cz64fc5utl.png

I haven't even been outside yet...DH says it like the frozen tundra out there! Very cold and very windy!!! Currently the "feels like" temp is 21!!!
  • efricke1
    efricke1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    w5cz64fc5utl.png

Staying in today and watching football championship games <3

Janetr OKC

Yes! My plan at 3:00 is to camp out on the couch under a blanket and have football on the TV. I usually have a book or crossword puzzle with me to occupy me during commercials/maybe more :) I love football but everything takes sooooo long!

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,751 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Kelly ... you continue to amaze me. So very glad you are able to work with this boy with very special and trying needs. What a blessing you are to his family!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    ;;;;;;
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Your photos of Brighton make me want to visit there. The chances of me actually doing that are nil—DH will never fly again and I am not brave enough to go on my own. :ohwell: I hope your DH starts feeling better soon. :star:

Michele: My class reunion was a couple of years ago and we went to the informal icebreaker. We skipped the fancy dinner the next day. I saw four or five people I knew personally and a few class “stars” who were in the popular crowd. The graduating class was over 600, I think it was 720 or so. Several people I wanted to see were not there, and a few had already passed away. It motivated me to track down my best friend from Junior High through HS and we met for lunch a month or so after the reunion. She has had some horrible tragedies since then. Her personal health had her in a nursing home for a while and then her daughter was killed in a car accident. I sent heartfelt condolence messages but haven’t talked to her in person since then. My husband’s 50th reunion was totally different. His graduating class was around 100 or so and many of them came to the reunion. It was lovely. I would encourage you to go if you have a few close friends you’d like to see again. :heart:

Lisa in AR: I hope you feel better soon! :flowerforyou:

Lanette: I agree with you and Charlie Brown. Having dogs around has made this a better world. :heart:

Beth: I’m glad the intermittent fasting is working for you. :flowerforyou:

We’re having a gray morning. It is 42 degrees and drizzly. Being inside and dry is nice and feels cozy. I haven't been to the stable in a couple of weeks due to low energy. I hope I'll feel more energetic in the coming week.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I am STARVING today!

That is all.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Uuuuu
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

manual treadmill-walk/- 31.41min, 15.50min mi, 154mhr, 2mi= 256c
    other- 21.22min- 3sets of 10ea + 7 diff fl exercises in btwn, 119ahr, 146mhr= 169c
    arm dip/chinup machine- 17min, 5sets of 10ea, w/3 diff exercises in btwn, 2sets of 10 @ 70#, 1sts 1/2 @70# and 55#, 1st 10 @ 55#, 1sts of 1/2 55# and 45#, 135mhr, 120c

total cal 545

kinda happy of the 45# assist effort. the lighter the weight, the stronger you r.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Next year I will not buy a Christmas cake!! Just had a piece (small) but the calories in it - no wonder I can't lose weight, my food choices lately are not the best, not sure why, but I can't seem to stop snacking.

Heather it's my friends 70th birthday in May and she is planning a trip, Dublin has been mentioned, but my passport has lapsed so I said I wouldn't be able to go. With all the Brexit uncertainty, she has decided to stay in England thank goodness. Liverpool has been mentioned so we might go there, I am looking forward to it (wherever we end up), think we'll stay overnight and travel back the next afternoon/early evening.
    I hope you enjoy your stay in York, it is a lovely city. Where are you staying, I think the Hotels are quite expensive to be honest. It has been busy over Christmas, but usually goes quiet until Easter when the tourists start up again.

Viv UK <3