WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Machka... I am glad your pain is from a pulled muscle only. My Dad, 90 yrs, is having surgery this morning (bone glue procedure) to cement compression fractures that are affecting his sciatica causing pain through the hip that radiates toward the groin. Enjoy your day with no appointments!!

I had a horrible day with my eating yesterday. Stayed within my IF window (closed it 2 hours early actually) but you would've thought I was in a race to see how many sweets I could eat. As a result I had a miserable night with stomach upset. No energy this morning and I have plenty to do since I may very well be traveling to my Dad in the next day or so. I'm not sure how many more of these kinds of "lessons" I can take. Sigh.

Beth near Buffalo

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    fed DFIL and he ate everything but lord he wouldnt shut up lol..the dogs were great, and now im home having another cup of tea.. and then off to work...cinnamon stick... very nice...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Machka... I am glad your pain is from a pulled muscle only. My Dad, 90 yrs, is having surgery this morning (bone glue procedure) to cement compression fractures that are affecting his sciatica causing pain through the hip that radiates toward the groin. Enjoy your day with no appointments!!

I had a horrible day with my eating yesterday. Stayed within my IF window (closed it 2 hours early actually) but you would've thought I was in a race to see how many sweets I could eat. As a result I had a miserable night with stomach upset. No energy this morning and I have plenty to do since I may very well be traveling to my Dad in the next day or so. I'm not sure how many more of these kinds of "lessons" I can take. Sigh.

Beth near Buffalo

i could give you a lesson with the boot that you won't forget if you like
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    PIP ~ Lovely ladies!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    😗😋😋😗😗
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sue in WA: Sending good thoughts for your DH. I hope the MRI results are good. :heart:

(((Lenora))) I hope things improve with the doctors office. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: The tribe has a huge advantage over the senior center—they’re serving extended family and are socially connected. I‘m sure they have higher standards and a better understanding of what foods are healthy for their senior population. :star: Somebody at the senior center needs to make changes in the quality of their meal offerings. :grumble:

Heather: It is good to see you happy in your new home. I hope DH feels better soon. :heart:

Pip: I love the family photo. Beautiful! :bigsmile:

Cari in TX: The tiny object most precious to me is my wedding ring. It was hand crafted using a lost wax technique by a goldsmith in Eugene, OR 49 years ago. DH has one, too. Both are waves coming onto a beach. :heart: Biggest wish is that DH feels better. He has diabetes, MS, and digestive issues that have required him to go to a FODMAP diet. :broken_heart::heart: We are making progress with his digestive issues. I say “we” because I’m not only a cheer leader for him, I also eat most of the same foods. His dietary restrictions are my restrictions to a large extent. I still eat wheat bread. He has wheat-free bread because wheat causes him to have horrible problems. :cry:

We like the new dishwasher, but it was advertised as having a cash rebate. The manufacturer denied us the rebate. We’re planning to go to the store where we bought it for support. I hope they’re able to help.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Barbara - I could make the lace with my Cricut but it would have to be paper and she wants genuine lace. I have figured out the costs associated with her invitations and even if we buy the lace from Michael’s at full price we are still coming in at less than 300 for her invitations so they aren’t as expensive as her sisters were. There is a discount fabric store here we are going to go to tomorrow to see if I can find a better deal. The real lace goes much better with here theme.

Bonnie - how will you be able to let Ollie go? My in-laws fostered children for a while, it’s not something I could do. I grow too attached too fast.

Sharon - you seem to be doing well after your surgery good for you! I have read the first 7 books in the Outlander series. I should find the rest. I haven’t watched the series yet, but feel from all that I have read that I should give it a try. I watched the first episode but it wasn’t what I had pictured on my head. I have been told by others it is well done though.

I used to be a big Danielle Steel fan and in the 80’s when they turned her books into made for TV movies I watched them until one made no sense to me. In the book, the main female character was expecting and the housekeeper made beef stroganoff and it made her ill. In the TV movie they made that food be spaghetti. I thought, how hard is it to match the book with something so minor? I also know that it’s so minor it shouldn’t bug me but here we are around three decades later and I still remember it.

Yvonne - the red dress day reminded me of my Grandmother. My husband too a graphic design program in 2000, one of his assignments was to retouch an old black and white photo and make it coloured. He chose a picture of my Grandmother taken in the 1941 that my Grandfather carried with him overseas when he was in WWII. My husband made the dress red, we sent the picture to my Grandmother and she called immediately and told us what colour the dress was and that a lady should never wear red. We still chuckle at that memory, but my husband changed the dress to navy and we sent her another copy.

Sue in WA - I hope your husband’s cancer has not grown. Such a terrible disease.

Machka - a strained muscle is so much easier to deal with than something more serious. I bet you’ll truly enjoy your day if no appointments!!!!

Cari - I order happy meals from McDonald’s a lot. I love the trivia questions more than the plastic toys I receive. My Grands live it though and think it’s funny I order the meals.
    Tough day - hug from my husband
    Wish - a job

Barbie - that is a great thing to be known as. I bet some people miss the knitting though.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    I wanted to share this, but my previous post was too long on my phone to insert a picture

I went to the grocery store yesterday and found this to make for my husband. He said it was good and would eat it again. I took advantage of this and cooked ham steak for myself!

n5gjvucwx4ea.jpeg

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    qwuds3vm9lmx.jpeg
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Michelle Microwaving fish sounds terrible, doesn't it? But it is so fast and so good (not overdone). I wrap the seasoned filets in leaf or romaine lettuce packets (or you can just put filets on a plate & cover with plastic wrap or a microwave cover). I cook at 50% power for about 4 minutes and then check. If it looks almost done, I l just let them rest for another 5 minutes to finish cooking while I finish the side dishes. If it still looks raw, I do another 1-2 minutes on 50% power. If you are more attentive than I am, you can do them on high, but then you have to check every minute to be sure they aren't overcooking, and that's more work than it's worth to me. If I have to stand over them I'd rather cook them in a pan.
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is National Religious Freedom Day.

"Each year, the President declares January 16th to be Religious Freedom Day, and calls upon Americans to 'observe this day through appropriate events and activities in homes, schools, and places of worship.' The day is the anniversary of the passage, in 1786, of the Virginia Statute of Religious Freedom. Thomas Jefferson’s landmark statute became the basis for Congressman Fisher Ames’ establishment clause of the First Amendment of the U.S. Consitution. 'Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof…'" This is a serious one, but as Americans fall deeper into division it's good to be reminded that we are a nation founded on the principle of religious freedom for all.

Lenora - I often with He'd left the mosquitoes off the ark as well!

Lanette - How amazing that the injured border collie managed to get itself out of the rocks and find help! They are smart, driven dogs for sure.

Beth - I understand where you're coming from, but maybe you'd benefit from choosing a word for the year that isn't quite so emotionally loaded. Maybe "balance" or "accountability" would be less likely to start you down that black-and-white path to "failure."

Sweet Pie - Welcome!

Michele - I knew Sears was circling the drain when they sold off the Craftsman line to Lowe's. That venerable old company was destroyed by its own CEO. The board of directors should have kicked him to the curb long ago, but instead they opted for short-term gains and let him suck their company dry.

It's grey outside today, so it's a good thing this is Nordic Track day. Luna and I will go outside long enough to meet my step goal, then I can do my "skiing" in a warm room in front of Netflix.

-Yvonne in TX
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I enjoyed my trip to the shops, but having to be wrapped up for the outside weather meant I had to undress for the inside. Mildly annoying.
    I bought myself some new slippers. My last pair are five years old. I like black velvet ballet type, so I can wear them with smart clothes indoors when we have visitors. I put the old pair in the bin. o:)
    I also bought a couple of camisoles. Must make sure I throw the old tatty ones away. :o
    My main mission was to look at the food stores and I enjoyed that. I bought myself a couple of packs of ready meal, vacuum packed, curried lentils. Will try those when DH is out. They were half price. :D

Tonight did prawns and chorizo with a quinoa and chia salad. Lots of broccoli and mushrooms I precooked in the IP.
    Cari - If it's a delicate vegetable, like broccoli, you set it to 0 minutes and then do a quick release and get it out immediately. Seems to work.
    Dessert is stewed apricots with homemade yoghurt. Gorgeous!

DH is still suffering with his chest. He will be watching football tonight in "his" study. :D I am watching programmes about healthy eating and living. :D:D

Tomorrow I'm going to my first contemporary dance class in Brighton. It's called Threescoredance. Really hope I love it.
    The glazier is coming to mend the glass in the dresser. He is replacing the broken side with new glass and making the Victorian glass side more secure with new putty. Expensive, but it has to be done.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx