Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a fabulous day. I haven't gotten my workout in yet. I'm working on meal planning and prepping for the week. This is my first time doing meal prepping. I want to have healthy proteins and cooked veggies ready to go.

Great job, I only meal prep my breakfasts, but I love it!
  • Sparkle1098
    Sparkle1098 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Question for the group. What is your 100 calories or less go to snack for on the go? Something that does not need to be chilled or refrigerated. Something you just grab and go with no preparation. I'm looking for new ideas. Mine are the following below and they are packaged in individual bags.

Nabisco 100 Cal Chips Ahoy Thin Crisp (purchased at Wal-Mart)
    Nabisco 100 Cal Oreo Thin Crisp (purchased at Wal-Mart)
    Pirates Booty Aged White Cheddar 70 cal (purchased at Costco)
  • lifetimelady02
    lifetimelady02 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!! Not feeling too hot today, but got my meal prep for the week done. Made some salmon, crabless crab cakes, stir fry vegetables, cauliflower rice with fire roasted tomatoes and peppers, cut up some tomatoes and cucumbers and prepare black beans for veggie wraps. Dinners and lunches done. Hope I feel good enough to hit the gym tomorrow.
  • lifetimelady02
    lifetimelady02 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Question for the group. What is your 100 calories or less go to snack for on the go? Something that does not need to be chilled or refrigerated. Something you just grab and go with no preparation. I'm looking for new ideas. Mine are the following below and they are packaged in individual bags.

Nabisco 100 Cal Chips Ahoy Thin Crisp (purchased at Wal-Mart)
    Nabisco 100 Cal Oreo Thin Crisp (purchased at Wal-Mart)
    Pirates Booty Aged White Cheddar 70 cal (purchased at Costco)

This week I'm having carrots and multicolored baby peppers with tomato basil hummus . the hummus only has 35 or 40 calories for 2 tablespoons and is very delicious . I don't trust myself personally but those hundred pack snacks, usually one just does not do it for me, have to work on the willpower.
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    100 calorie snacks
    Nuts (depends on kind)
    Halo 40 cal
    Grapes (cant recall off top of my head)
    Boiled egg, 72 cal
    Cheese stick, 80 cal
    Guess these may need chilled or refrigerated, but I just throw in my lunch bag with an ice pack.
  • Sparkle1098
    Sparkle1098 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you! These are great suggestions
  • Slider678
    Slider678 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    OK QOTD!

What are you worried about this week? I'll start!

What are you worried about this week? I have clients in twice this week and we will have big fancy dinners! I hate sitting there eating and drinking.....I am going to work out early those days so I have a ton of available calories!

Wishing everyone an awesome week!
  • tensquaredlives
    tensquaredlives Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't really "worry" anymore - getting too old for that. I just pray a lot. :)

This week I am praying for healing of my achilles tendonitis which makes walking so painful. It's hard to get any exercise when every step is like being stabbed in the back of the foot with a knife. If anyone has experienced this and has suggestions please let me know. I've tried ice, heat, stretching, compression socks, Icy Hot... I have a tendency to get these kinds of inflammations which I am sure is due to the extra weight I carry. I never thought I would get to the point of wishing I had never taken the simple act of walking for granted.

Slider678 - My favorite exercise is also walking my dogs (two corgis). They are missing our long rambles since I am just hobbling around the block these days.
  • Slider678
    Options
    @tensquared_lives hang in there...
  • PartyPerson
    PartyPerson Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I asked the on-line NHS service and they recommended these exercises:

https://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/ankle-pain/achilles-pain/achilles-tendonitis

I really understand that long term pain, but I'm sure that losing weight and determination will get you through this. xxx
    I don't really "worry" anymore - getting too old for that. I just pray a lot. :)

This week I am praying for healing of my achilles tendonitis which makes walking so painful. It's hard to get any exercise when every step is like being stabbed in the back of the foot with a knife. If anyone has experienced this and has suggestions please let me know. I've tried ice, heat, stretching, compression socks, Icy Hot... I have a tendency to get these kinds of inflammations which I am sure is due to the extra weight I carry. I never thought I would get to the point of wishing I had never taken the simple act of walking for granted.

Slider678 - My favorite exercise is also walking my dogs (two corgis). They are missing our long rambles since I am just hobbling around the block these days.

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @tensquared_lives, so sorry you're dealing with that. I have plantar fasciitis and that's rough, but what you're dealing with is horrible. My friend had to have surgery on his. Hope you see some improvement soon.
  • Slider678
    Options
    welcome @JustaJoe00
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 50s for a few more months - does membership expire after that? :p

Hey folks, hope everyone has had a great day - I started 2 years ago to lose 24lbs, did it and life happened and I made bad choices that tasted so good lol. I never really quit, but am absolutely rededicating myself to losing that last 10lbs all over again.

Nice to see a thread for older folks :)
  • poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey Joe, Welcome.

Hope you had a great day Slider... good luck with the clients this week. I got out of having dinner with my mom. A bit mean spirited on my behalf but didn't feel like going out tonight. Just felt like cooking at home and a comfy night at home...in bed. working on clean-up the house and get my steps in. Cooking awesome dinner for the family and working dinner into what i have left for the evening to stay on track. NO WINE TONIGHT!
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    [quote="What are you worried about this week? [/quote]

I have GOT to get my grazing under control. I am going to schedule a morning and afternoon snack time, just like you do with little kids. 😂
  • poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What snacks do you like to graze on?
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    @mountaintopmom, that's what worked for me to help with my grazing. I set a 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. snack on my diary.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Welcome, @JustaJoe00 and @Phirrgus!!