Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Rozbee1 wrote: »
    10 pounds: I started getting my hair professionally colored. I had stopped years before because I didn't want to sit and look at myself in a mirror for hours.
    20 pounds: Botox,
    30 pounds: manicure and pedicures,
    40 pounds: massage and facial
    47 points: shopping spree!

I now need to re-lose 20 pounds and want to lose the final 5 pounds. but this time my rewards are goals
    10 pounds down by Superbowl party
    15 pounds down by Billy Joel Concert
    25 pounds down by California vacation over Memorial Day weekend.

Mini goals and rewards are super motivational for me.

What a brilliant idea 👏
    Would you mind if i copied your idea?

Happy losing everyone[/quote]

I'd love if you do!
  • jimrogers
    jimrogers Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in. How do I add friends on MFP?
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    jimrogers wrote: »
    I'm in. How do I add friends on MFP?

Click on the screen name and bring up their profile page, there's a button "add friend", think they have to accept the friend request.
  • asugar1390
    asugar1390 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Slider678 wrote: »
    Hey there-
    Lets start a support group for men and women in their 50s that are going to make changes in 2019! I need the help and am starting today! Role Call! Who is in?
    Jay in Atlanta
    Hey there-
    Lets start a support group for men and women in their 50s that are going to make changes in 2019! I need the help and am starting today! Role Call! Who is in?
    Jay in Atlanta
    Anyone else?
    Heading to the park to walk for an hour!

• asugar1390
    asugar1390 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you . I started a new eating and exercise plan on Monday !
  • cory17
    Options
    Hi everyone, back after a couple years, ugh! did two triaths. in 17 felt great. 18 was not my year! Thyroid issues, but back at it strong,, have a bucket list to die for this year, ultimately need to lose 50. Oh yeah, I'm a very young 57!!!! Back at you all, looking forward to the friends- later..

What's on your bucket list? And where do you do these tris?
  • cory17
    Options
    QOTD - Toughest day of the week? Any day that am at home because like your Sundays @slider678, I tend to graze and the sweet stuff calls. Trying to keep busy & distract myself.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Morning folks - I hope everyone has an awesome day today. I know I'm planning on it.

One day at a time. It's all I have so I need to make it count.
  • Slider678
    Slider678 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, back after a couple years, ugh! did two triaths. in 17 felt great. 18 was not my year! Thyroid issues, but back at it strong,, have a bucket list to die for this year, ultimately need to lose 50. Oh yeah, I'm a very young 57!!!! Back at you all, looking forward to the friends- later..

What's on your bucket list? And where do you do these tris?

Wow just to name a couple....A European river cruise, Germany and France.....Ohhh and do more hiking and camping, glamping really!
  • FlyGirlBea
    FlyGirlBea Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What can you do today? I’m a furloughed Fed so have more time on my hands than I prefer. The roads aren’t slick yet so off to the pool for some laps after cottage cheese and pineapple for some energy! As my pastor says, you didn’t fail before. You just quit. I’m not quitting this time!
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    @FlyGirlBea - I am officially jealous that you get to go swimming today lol. Hopefully the furlough "situation" is resolved soon for you, and I do like how your pastor thinks :)

@Slider678 - I can't wait for winter's end. I need me some of that hiking and camping...well, I can still do the hiking, but I'm not camping during winter lol.
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    everyone having a good week?
  • ellenecoxcox75
    ellenecoxcox75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Cory17- So bucket list 19 has a continuation of my Hwy 66 west trip that I finished East from Amarillo to Chicago in 18. I only need to go from Bakersfield to Santa Monica to finish the whole route as I did go to California in May of 18, just didn't get all the way south. This will probably be in May- then to Big Sur and who knows where. Then in
    July, on my bd the 19th. will go to Santa Fe for the Opera and around area. In September Las Vegas for Elton John Concert- Yeah!!! And several more sections of the Colorado Trail here close to home to round out ;)
  • channingg3649
    channingg3649 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, day 14 for me. Woke up last night and was unable to get back to sleep for a few hours. Only consolation was I didn't binge eat and ruin my diet for today. But I had to skip swimming this morning due to being so tired. Still on track as far as calories go today, and overall I am losing weight. Just wanted to publicly note a small speed bump. These are the kinds of things that always tempt me to buy a bag of gummi bears or drink extra glasses of milk, or buy a bag of Oreo Cookies (THE WORST).
  • Slider678
    Options
    Cory17- So bucket list 19 has a continuation of my Hwy 66 west trip that I finished East from Amarillo to Chicago in 18. I only need to go from Bakersfield to Santa Monica to finish the whole route as I did go to California in May of 18, just didn't get all the way south. This will probably be in May- then to Big Sur and who knows where. Then in
    July, on my bd the 19th. will go to Santa Fe for the Opera and around area. In September Las Vegas for Elton John Concert- Yeah!!! And several more sections of the Colorado Trail here close to home to round out ;)

Awesome. In what kind of car? I am going to The Stones in May!
  • Slider678
    Options
    Hi everyone, day 14 for me. Woke up last night and was unable to get back to sleep for a few hours. Only consolation was I didn't binge eat and ruin my diet for today. But I had to skip swimming this morning due to being so tired. Still on track as far as calories go today, and overall I am losing weight. Just wanted to publicly note a small speed bump. These are the kinds of things that always tempt me to buy a bag of gummi bears or drink extra glasses of milk, or buy a bag of Oreo Cookies (THE WORST).

I am struggling sleeping too....
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options

Awesome. In what kind of car? I am going to The Stones in May!

I am going to Billy Joel in March! So excited!
  • ellenecoxcox75
    ellenecoxcox75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    slider678, Hi there! I drive a Jeep Liberty because I can sleep in it and take my big dog with me on my jaunts. I went to Utah for a week to Escalante in August of 18 to hike, it was great- problem being, I'm a weekend warrior, but ride the pine desk during the week, (I'm in Law Enforcement) I thought about the Stones Concert, but I already live in Colorado- too many clouds!