Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• spygirl2014
    spygirl2014 Posts: 53 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hello All- Would like to join/follow this Group. I've used MFP successfully in the past, until I get lazy and stop. I wanted to get through the Holidays and then wanted to get past my 50th birthday last weekend. Ready now, need to lose 30 to get where I want to be. Live in Colorado and want to enjoy the activities I moved here for! Eating healthy is not my problem so much as the daily wine or beer. I can't seem to lose weight without giving that up. Anyone else?
  • Slider678
    Slider678 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    slider678, Hi there! I drive a Jeep Liberty because I can sleep in it and take my big dog with me on my jaunts. I went to Utah for a week to Escalante in August of 18 to hike, it was great- problem being, I'm a weekend warrior, but ride the pine desk during the week, (I'm in Law Enforcement) I thought about the Stones Concert, but I already live in Colorado- too many clouds!

Sounds awesome...Pictured you in a '66 drop top Mustang on route 66!
  • ellenecoxcox75
    ellenecoxcox75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wish! maybe someday, did have a 2007 Harley Nightster after the divorce- enjoyed that alot!
  • PartyPerson
    PartyPerson Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Nooooo Just found out that my scales are up the creek...have ordered new ones, but suspect that I have a lot more weight to lose than I thought.
  • ellenecoxcox75
    Options
    Hello SpyGirl2014- where in Colorado? I'm in Saguache County, South Central, welcome.
  • iamauntbeth
    iamauntbeth Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I am late joining, but I'm in.
    Beth from Bardstown, KY, USA.
  • Carni8991
    Carni8991 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me too! from the Rio Grande Valley
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @LynnJ9, love that meme!!

@asugar1390, welcome to the tribe!

@FlyGirlBea, hope this is resolved soon! Love your pastor’s quote and great meme!

@JustaJoe00, so far so good. How’s your week?

@channingg3649, congrats on not binging out today.

@amlelas68, you’ve got this. Like my profile page says 1-Start; 2-Don’t quit!

Having a good day. Feeling kind of sluggish but that’s probably due to the rejection Nashville is feeling from the sunshine. I need the sun!!!!
  • pkcsdh
    pkcsdh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • bmpavlat
    bmpavlat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in at age 57. 24 lbs to lose. On my way with a pretty good start for only a few weeks.
  • spygirl2014
    spygirl2014 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @ellenecoxcox75, I'm in Monument, Front Range between CO Springs and Castle Rock
  • FlyGirlBea
    FlyGirlBea Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85, you must be a natural encourager 😊. You are so great at responding to all the posts.
  • poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Slider678 wrote: »
    Hey there-
    Lets start a support group for men and women in their 50s that are going to make changes in 2019! I need the help and am starting today! Role Call! Who is in?
    Jay in Atlanta

Hello All- Would like to join/follow this Group. I've been on and off MFP afew times over the past years and find it helpful, until I get lazy and stop using it. Made excuses through the Holidays and then wanted to get past my 50th birthday last weekend. Ready now, need to lose 30 to get where I want to be. Live in Colorado and want to enjoy the activities I moved here for! Eating healthy is not my problem so much as the daily wine or beer. I can't seem to lose weight without giving that up. Anyone else?

you definitely can...just plan it in. may lose a little slower but gotta be able to stand what you are doing and make it a lifestyle change that is livable.
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @ellenecoxcox75, I'm in Monument, Front Range between CO Springs and Castle Rock

Yay, Colorado women!
    I'm in Teller County, west of Colo Spgs.
  • ellenecoxcox75
    Options
    Colorado Women Rock IT! Let's do this!
  • jg2buckeye
    jg2buckeye Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies. Spinach, green grapes, strawberries, green apple, pear, flax seeds, liquid of choice (water or Iberia aloe drink). These items use small portion of each. With liquid added my average size drinks are about 16 ozs. I enjoy the taste and dies my body food. I am ready to eat about 3 hours later. For a little bit more staying power add your fav vanilla protein powder. Enjoy
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options