Things you hate at the gym!!!

Options
NewJack718
NewJack718 Posts: 45 Member
edited February 2023 in Chit-Chat
I love working out, playing basketball and looking at women at the gym.....but the number one thing I hate at the gym is when cats try to have convos in the locker room while they are naked.......this dude was trying to have a convo about Breaking Bad wit me today....I'm like dude wtf get dressed....

Replies

• brittyandian
    brittyandian Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    When people look over at the machine im on to see how good I am doing instead of worrying about themselves! That and when guys purposely run RIGHT behind me with thier guy friends and talk about my *kitten* for 5 laps -_-
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    Sticky equipment. Yuk
  • MandyPhoe
    MandyPhoe Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    1) People who didn't return free weights to the rack when they were done --- C'mon guys... what if someone trip on them?

2) Weird, expressive grunting --- I have come to accept that some people need to grunt during their last few reps, whatever rocks your boat.... but if you are going to sound like a bonobo on heat throughout your entire set, and I can't blast my music loud enough to drown out your mating call..... I die a little inside.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Curls in the squat rack.
  • vitaxo
    vitaxo Posts: 99
    Options
    when i'm on the treadmill running & my hand knocks my phone off the shelf
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Only one thing - the b*tch who ducked under my barbell to grab a weight plate mid-set.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Guys who scan the room to see who is looking at them...puhlease! :noway:
  • NewJack718
    Options
    I hate when every bike, treadmill, elliptical, etc in the gym is empty and someone comes to the one right next to the one I'm on
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    People telling me I'm too pale and need to go to the beach and/or tan.

Happened three times this week alone.
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    Bad breath. Oh Em Gee!! Dude, brush your teeth and eat some mints before you come in! You know it's bad when the people around said offender start moving to the other side of the gym :noway:
  • NewJack718
    Options
    When people look over at the machine im on to see how good I am doing instead of worrying about themselves! That and when guys purposely run RIGHT behind me with thier guy friends and talk about my *kitten* for 5 laps -_-

I agree 100% about the people lookin at what u doing......as fare as s the dudes behind you.. when u look good it comes with the territory boo
  • livelovelaugh91897
    livelovelaugh91897 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I hate when people stare at you in disbelief that you would actually take the time to work out. I don't know if that happens to anyone else, but it makes me uncomfortable. It's like they're saying go back to that couch you were sitting on.
  • serafin366
    serafin366 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    People who don't wipe down their machines.

People who hoard machines.

People who drink starbucks while on the treadmill.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I hate when people stare at you in disbelief that you would actually take the time to work out. I don't know if that happens to anyone else, but it makes me uncomfortable. It's like they're saying go back to that couch you were sitting on.

This
  • cinnamonwhitlock
    cinnamonwhitlock Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the looks you get at the gym... The truth is for many people they all started somewhere, focus on you and you will be fine! Honestly, I use to be embarrassed when I was 25 kgs heavier, but I started and actually no one gave a s... About me, just me. It was in my mind. Don't let that stop u!
  • kRcu
    kRcu Posts: 18
    Options
    People who use a set of dumbbells for three reps, then switch, then switch. Standing in front of the whole rack the entire time.

People who run 4-5 weight machines in a circuit and won't let you get in on any of them until they are done.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I'm there at O'dark:thirty AM and so I miss all this wonderful stuff!
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Lol. I hate when people stalk the machine I'm on. They have already walked by to see how long I have and then they stick close to me for the moment they can hop on it. Patience is a virtue...go lift until I'm done.
  • cinnamonwhitlock
    cinnamonwhitlock Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love the gym tbh, I hate the unisex loos.. Does that count? Lol
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    When you're trying to concentrate and people start chatting you up.
This discussion has been closed.