Things you hate at the gym!!!

Options

Replies

• zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My #1 thing (subject to change on a daily basis) is when people stay on their machine between sets. It's simple, people:

1) Do your set.
    2) Get off the machine.
    3) Linger by the machine so people know you're not done, but that you're making it available for them to get a set in between yours.

There. Do that.

Yeah, this ^^. Usually, the guy in question is doing 5 or 6 drop sets starting at 50 pounds, when I ask to work in it's "I got two more sets to do." C'mon man!
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    I hate when people stare at you in disbelief that you would actually take the time to work out. I don't know if that happens to anyone else, but it makes me uncomfortable. It's like they're saying go back to that couch you were sitting on.

Agreed, this is the number one reason why I was so scared to start going to the gym in the first place. I was having panic attacks when I first went. I like getting on equitment that is behind everyone else for the most part so I don't have to worry about people being behind me talking about me or saying she is sweating to much for her speed or something. idk.
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options

girls wearing make-up

I never understood why that gets other girls panties in a wad. I go to the gym at night, and I'm not stopping to take off my makeup before I go when I'm just going to shower afterwards anyways. It's pointless. It doesn't mean that you're going to bust *kitten* any harder than me just because you are make-up less. :noway: But, whatevs.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    When uber buff guys slam the weights down ---- REPETITIVELY.
    -- I understand you're squatting or lifting or something but having the control to set it down is more impressive than throwing it across the room because you keep upping the weight and can't keep up. Fo'sho'!

Bro, do you even lift?
  • rachvale
    rachvale Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1) People not minding their own business. Don't stare at me. Please. It's weird.
    2) Those older ladies who linger right in the middle of the (small) women's weightlifting room talking about everything. Isn't there another place to talk? Like outside?
    3) People talking through you. Seriously. I'm right there, hearing your effin' conversation as I'm dead-lifting or cycling or whatever it is I'm doing. As I said before...you can talk outside. Geezus.

Other than that, I love the YMCA! Best place ever.
  • ladybosie
    ladybosie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    1) Where I go, we have an actual track, and the weight room is in perfect view of said track, so the guys in the weight room line up to watch the women jog by.
    2) People who jog/walk side by side on the track so you can't pass them if need be.
    3) Old guys with short, loose running shorts who are basically deliberately trying to flash everyone.
    4) Those same old guys wearing their loose running shorts to the yoga class.

You seem to be looking VERY CLOSELY at a certain area! :laugh:

Dude no, those guys make it their job to flash people; I've talked to the people who work at the rec building, and they say they have problems with them all the time aha.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I love working out, playing basketball and looking at women at the gym.....but the number one thing I hate at the gym is when cats try to have convos in the locker room while they are naked.......this dude was trying to have a convo about Breaking Bad wit me today....I'm like dude wtf get dressed....

You have some serious man issues.
  • ladybosie
    ladybosie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love working out, playing basketball and looking at women at the gym.....but the number one thing I hate at the gym is when cats try to have convos in the locker room while they are naked.......this dude was trying to have a convo about Breaking Bad wit me today....I'm like dude wtf get dressed....

You have some serious man issues.

To me, it's not just a guy thing or a sensitive masculinity thing--the whole not wanting to be talked to when you're changing. It's a personal comfort thing. I, personally, don't much like changing in front of others to begin with, so when I'm deliberately trying to keep to myself and change quickly, it's kind of irritating and uncomfortable when some woman's trying to chat me up while changing bras. Most of the time you can tell by how someone's going about getting dressed (e.g., facing the lockers, keeping their range of motion very limited and to themselves, changing quickly) whether they want to chat or not.
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    I hate when people have tons of farkarounditis on a piece of a equipment that I'm waiting for. I ask and they say "a few more sets and we're done with the squat rack" and go back to chatting and doing their curls.
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    Options
    I hate when people have tons of farkarounditis on a piece of a equipment that I'm waiting for. I ask and they say "a few more sets and we're done with the squat rack" and go back to chatting and doing their curls.

Go squat in the curl rack then
  • kasimarie29
    kasimarie29 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i hate when i'm benching and some swole bro walks up and tea bags me.

I just laughed so hard at this
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

LMAO!!!
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options

Dafuq? LOL
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    People who can read a book while doing the eliptical or other equipment where your brain shuts down while your body is in dying mode. Lol
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    Options
    girls wearing make-up

I wear make up because I go after work

Lettuce be real here, you'd wear makeup even if you didn't have work before.
  • WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I hate when sloots wear yoga pants and don't put out.

everyone knows chicks only wear yoga pants when they are dtf
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    When people wear clothing they shouldn't. Please dress your size in the gym. Biker shorts doesn't look good on anyone. I also hate when people don't wipe machines down or come to the gym for a hot 10 to 20 mins and leave after a nonexistent workout due to them running their mouth.
  • georgieb23
    georgieb23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I did not think this post would take off like that, thanks for all the comments, it seems like we all have some very valid dislikes lol!!!

My biggest hatred of the gym besides naked dudes trying to hold convos is cats who come on the basketball court knowing damn well they cant play ball.......

If you a grown man and cant play basketball please stay off the court with the grown men who can..... its dangerous and it ruins the game!!

Completely with you on the basketball thing. If you come onto the court and proceed to mistake the ball for a football I am going to hurt you. No kicking!!

However, what I hate is when I walk on a court and every guy stops and proceeds to patronise me. I'm aware I'm a girl, thank you for pointing that out. Now take me one on one and see if you still want to tease me.

Regarding gym pet hates - people sitting on machines, taking selfies in the mirror and then taking half an hour to instagram that ish.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    people who walk in late to yoga or leave during shavasana
  • kaylang78
    Options
    I hate so many things.
    1)When someone wear perfume/cologne
    2)When people talk loud on their phones for too long
    3)when there are so many empty equipments and someone come on the one right next to me. ugh
    4)when women wear barely anything and their *kitten* are on display.
    5)attentiton seekrs
    and so much more. Lol
This discussion has been closed.