Things you hate at the gym!!!

Options

Replies

• nino07110922
    nino07110922 Posts: 2,149
    Options
    @AshleyM - you and Dyetcoke are killing me with laughter. I don't think I'll be able to make eye contact with another one of the swimming beauties in my gym ever again!!!!
  • Chiefbeast
    Options
    Women who assumes that every guy is trying to flirt with them - change your attitude. Just because you are gorgeous doesn't mean that I want you.....
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    When the 50+ year old lady, who is 6" shorter than me and probably half my body weight lifts way more than I can...
  • ohsnapitssummer
    ohsnapitssummer Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    - Girls walking in with their make up and hair all in check, stricking conversations with the guys and then leaving right after.
    - Girls that wear those really padded push up bras. When you are working out, the point is to strap them down.
    - When people stand behind me, just doing nothing, while I'm on the treadmill. That's just my own insecurity though because I'm usually wondering how much my *kitten* is shaking.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Getting to the gym and realizing I left my ear buds home - having to listen to the generic music blaring.

Ugh, also this...I have been known to skip a workout if I forgot my headphones.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    People

Agreed.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    - Girls walking in with their make up and hair all in check, stricking conversations with the guys and then leaving right after.
    - Girls that wear those really padded push up bras. When you are working out, the point is to strap them down.
    - When people stand behind me, just doing nothing, while I'm on the treadmill. That's just my own insecurity though because I'm usually wondering how much my *kitten* is shaking.

If it's Jim Gaffigan behind you he's just watching the tv
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    curling
    in
    the
    f#@king
    squat rack

sorry i got a little upset there for a second :/

I don't get why people do this. If you can curl it, you can deadlift it off the ground!
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    3rreh1.jpg

I knew I should have studied yoga instead of tai chi.

tumblr_mlfag1LNoM1s6he0wo1_500.jpg
  • judilockwood
    judilockwood Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Guys that come in groups of 2 or more who hog the machines - usually leg and chest press- then work a little, chat a lot, and then change places and repeat so the machine is blocked... had to wait an hour before now while they chat about football, drinking, stuff.....
    People who are doing reps and seem to sit for hours between sets - surely they could let someone else alternate!!
    Sticky machines
    Having to move really large weights from barbells etc that some guy cant be bothered to put away after he's used them before I can do my workout...
    But have to say when I hit the gym at none peak times I love the whole thing x
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    Having to move really large weights from barbells etc that some guy cant be bothered to put away after he's used them before I can do my workout...

Call it a warm up. :bigsmile:

At the gym I sometimes use, the DBs are a mess so I spend some time pairing up the DBs I intend to use. You could call it a warm up, too.
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    3rreh1.jpg

I knew I should have studied yoga instead of tai chi.

LATERSSSSSSSSSZ !!! he's almost using them as hand puppets!

im guilty of checking out women on the treadmill, well in fact on anything really.
    i hate the guys who sit on a machine texting for about 15 minutes, if your not using it, GET THE **** OFF IT!!!
    also ones who hog all the space and equipment
  • laurentourette94
    Options
    Last time i was in the gym i was on the treadmills and i saw this girl covered in scabies scratching her scab's on the leg press...it turned my stomache sooo much...so then my instructor come's the girl has already gone and he's like NEXTTT and take's me over to the leg press and is like get on and give me 20....and i'm just looking at him gone out...and trying to make an excuse not to use the machine...eww
  • anabellarella
    Options
    People that ask for help during a set lol
  • justlast
    justlast Posts: 30
    Options
    anybody that stares at or watches anybody else. you're there to work out your body, not your libido.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    1) People who didn't return free weights to the rack when they were done --- C'mon guys... what if someone trip on them?

2) Weird, expressive grunting --- I have come to accept that some people need to grunt during their last few reps, whatever rocks your boat.... but if you are going to sound like a bonobo on heat throughout your entire set, and I can't blast my music loud enough to drown out your mating call..... I die a little inside.

bonobos don't do "on heat", they're like that 24/7/365

rather like humans, but without the social inhibitions....
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    he's almost using them as hand puppets!

:laugh:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    iXMfkB8.gif

:laugh:

that looks like a fun and challenging compound exercise.... maybe crossfit should put that in one of their WODs.
  • atbrod
    atbrod Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1) Meatheads who think the entire gym is staring at their muscles.
    2) People who are on the machines but more interested in their phones.
    3) People who just sit on the machine until their next set as if they own it. Uhhh, what happened to gym courtesy?
    4) Guys who stare at girls.
    5) Guys who tell me proper form of exercise.
    6) People who fart on treadmill next to me.
    7) People who have bad breath on treadmill next to me.

Not a big fan of the gym even though I attend regularly - can you tell?! :-)
  • jocanlose
    jocanlose Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Got to be the rowing machine, a horrible invention
This discussion has been closed.