Things you hate at the gym!!!

Options

Replies

• georgieb23
    georgieb23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    There's this guy at my gym who is the epitome of obnoxious. He hisses and grunts on EVERY lift, throws weights to the ground (not just drops them - he THROWS them), listens to his music via the speakers on his phone. The worst part is the pep talks. Between sets, he'll go over to the mirror, stare at himself deeply in the eyes, and yell things like "WE GO HARD!" "WE GOT THIS." "WE ARE STRONG."

This is an apartment complex gym. Quiet down man, it's a tiny space.

Haha oh dear I don't think I'd be able to workout with him in the same gym without laughing. Also with the pep talks I don't know why but I imagined him doing the Cool Runnings pep talk - I see pride! I see power! I see a bad *kitten* mother that don't take no crap off of nobody!!
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    When I knock my water all over the floor, people that take forever on the bench press. guys the hang their towel on their shoulder when CLEARLY it should be around their waist and people that come to the gym for attention.

I have always carried my towel on my shoulder. You mad?
  • SophK90
    SophK90 Posts: 56
    Options
    Is it wrong this reminds me of that 'FRIENDS' episode..? (Ross hiding under the bed)
    I think i'm a horrible enough person to make an obnoxious comment behind him as i walk passed...
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    The guys who just like to look in the mirror at themselves and block the rack of weights
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I hate when every bike, treadmill, elliptical, etc in the gym is empty and someone comes to the one right next to the one I'm on

^^This^^ and those that "save" another machine after they're done with another one. Really?!?!? I have to wait for the one you're already on but can't use this one in the meantime????
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I would say that the only thing that I hate at the gym is when a few jerks rag on me and my friends while we are doing Zumba... But, that does not happen very often...
  • NanoBear
    NanoBear Posts: 67
    Options
    At the gym with my headphones in, I hear nothing and see nothing. Everyone else could be naked for all the attention I pay. 90% of all the silly crap going on has no effect on me.

There's really only 3 things that get to me:
    - People leaving dumbbells and plates laying around on the ground all over the gym. I'd rather not trip over because you're a lazy messy *kitten*.
    - People with their towel on 1 machine, drink bottle on another, pen/paper on a third, while using a fourth. Lots of people work out here. If you want to hog half the gym for two hours, buy your own gear and work out at home. Here you have to share with everyone else because we're paying just as much as you are. I'll happily let you work in with me if you ask, or even just look at me while I'm resting between sets. You don't need to get angry.
    - People who try to stop me mid-set to give me advice and tell me how I'm doing it wrong. If you wait until I'm finished a set, I'll probably listen and maybe take it on board, or take it with a grain of salt. Trying to talk to me mid-set is a pretty big sign that you have no idea.

Fortunately, I've found that there's a nice window between about 7am and 9:30am, after the office workers leave and before the school mums turn up, when it's rare for there to be more than about 5 people there.

My gym has actually started cracking down on a few of these now. If they actually catch you leaving plates around on the floor, they give warnings and suspensions. No towel = $10 fine on your account each time. Too many legitimate complaints about you gets a warning/suspension as well. It's all in the membership contract, people just don't read the fine print.
  • NewJack718
    NewJack718 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I hate when I'm about to take a group fitness class and there are a whole bunch of people waiting to get inside. As soon as the gf instructor opens the door, everyone pushes and bumps each other to get in. Um, pushing me is not going to get you into the class any faster. And don't look crazy when you get cussed out.

I see this all the time, never understood this, do yall have a special spot in those classes???
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    ^ when this guy stares at my dong in locker room while im trying to talk to him about breaking bad.

That is rude, sir!
  • NewJack718
    Options
    When the entire row of treadmills is available and that one person decides to use the one right NEXT TO ME! :noway:

I said the something identical!!!
  • NewJack718
    Options
    ^ when this guy stares at my dong in locker room while im trying to talk to him about breaking bad.

That is rude, sir!

Dude your a lame, get a life!!!
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Dude your a lame, get a life!!!

Get your panties out of a wad...
  • cst573
    cst573 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    posers of any form! its a gym you should be working out not looking at yourself in the mirror!

You're mirin.

Absolutely she's mirin!
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options

That is rude, sir!

lololol
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    What bothers me the most?

People.
  • cst573
    Options
    i hate when i'm benching and some swole bro walks up and tea bags me.

I just laughed so hard at this

Me too! That was hilarious
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    girls interupting mid set
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    I just moved to Los Angeles and i've tried out about 8 different gyms to decide which one to go to, and the common theme here is no one ever re-racks their weights. That rustles my jimmies more than anything.

Also when people aren't even near the weight/bench/machine/squat rack that they're using then you assume it's open and then they come out of nowhere and say they weren't done using it

You must have been to my gym! Lol We're neighbors. That drives me batty.

Hahah nice, I joined 24 hour fitness and have been going to the one in Torrance and I'm really starting to regret it. I get more and more pissed every time I go. It's constantly crowded 24/7 and weights are all over the place, and I can never get a squat rack because people camp in it and are using it for just about everything other than squats. Seems like no one is there to actually lift. The one in Long Beach is garbage and the one in North Torrance is even worse so idk what to do.

Yep, that's the one. :noway:
  • cst573
    Options
    This is sooooo funny. Just today, I was having a round table discussion at the gym.

Topic: Things you hate about MFP!!!

Sounds like a new thread topic in the making!!
This discussion has been closed.