What is up with wearing clothes that are to small for you?

Options
123457»

Replies

• TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Just curious how many of the "you're judging" people have called the ladies of the talk shows that dedicate entire shows on how women should wear clothes that fit. Do you tell Oprah she's judging? How about the host of Say Yes To The Dress? NO ONE IS JUDGING ANYONE!!! IT IS THEIR OPINION and they have as much right to theirs as you do to yours.

Way too much butt hurt :noway:
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ugh my best friend in middle school would always come running up to me saying "I bought a new pair of jeans! They're 0s!" Oh okay good for you, I'll go wear my 7s happily (she probably should have been wearing a 7 also).
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Two of my nieces wear cloths that are too too small for them. For some reason, they think that they look good in them. One of them is a size 20 but sweezes into a size 16. Her cloths be screaming and hollering!!
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Just curious how many of the "you're judging" people have called the ladies of the talk shows that dedicate entire shows on how women should wear clothes that fit. Do you tell Oprah she's judging? How about the host of Say Yes To The Dress? NO ONE IS JUDGING ANYONE!!! IT IS THEIR OPINION and they have as much right to theirs as you do to yours.

Way too much butt hurt :noway:

I don't watch those shows because I find them offensive. Yes, I would tell them they were being judgmental, if I could get face to face with them, which is unlikely. That said, the people who appear on those types of shows have given consent to be on there. They know what it's about, and are going in with an awareness that they're going to be criticized (but that they're probably going to get free crap out of the deal). A person going grocery shopping or otherwise going about their normal business isn't exactly seeking the same input.
  • Veronica_4
    Veronica_4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This post is quite interesting. Personally I adore lose fitted clothes for my workouts. I buy plus size workout clothes online as its way much easier. Recently purchased beautiful pattern leggings and lose tank top. Love it simply!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I get the impression people are talking at cross-purposes on this thread. This may help.

psknsqy5fokk.png
    4rxfajxj2lc5.png
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    You are aware that other people are not your personal pretty decoration, right?

Personally, I do try to make an effort to wear clothes that look good, but I don't feel as if I am under any *obligation* to do so. Also, at present time, if I'm between two sizes, I'll get the smaller one because I'm still in the process of losing weight and want to be able to wear it for a little longer before it gets too big.

^^^^All of this.
    Maybe people can't afford new clothes, maybe they don't WANT new clothes, maybe tight clothes make them feel hot, who cares? I wish we could just let people live in their own bodies and change if they WANT to, not because it would be more aesthetically pleasing to us. People try to squeeze into things as it is because society body-shames them into thinking thin is in, so of course they're going to try to convince themselves that they're smaller, and we hardly receive any good, mainstream information about nutrition and body positivity anyway. It does no good to then shame those people for caving into a society like that and doing whatever it takes to make themselves look "right" by other people's standards.

Ditto this. It's their body, they can wear what they want for whatever reasons they want to - even it be for reasons others consider 'misguided' or 'foolish'.

The main thing is, all of this is in your head. It has less to say about about why they are wearing clothes you consider to be unsuitable for them, and everything to do with why it bothers you so much.

^^^^^
    All of this plus

This is one of the most disgusting threads I have ever seen on this site. How dare you people even consider judging anyone on what they choose to wear and yes YOU ARE JUDGING. SHAME ON YOU.

And btw I do weight 174 lbs and wear a size 10. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Those who choose to put others down only do it so that they do not have to raise themselves up.

rude as usual.