The Official MFP Love Match Thread for Totally Not Nude People

Options

Replies

• Den_of_Iniquity
    Den_of_Iniquity Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    g4zab12wajeh.jpg

A few months ago I drove from NY to FL and made up my mind to try both chick-Fil-a and Waffle House while on the road. I wasn’t really impressed with either.

You are dead to me

Can I make it up to by trying some other weird southern thing? Catfish?

Yes you can......I'd suggest cheese grits. I almost went with Mountain Oysters though.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    g4zab12wajeh.jpg

A few months ago I drove from NY to FL and made up my mind to try both chick-Fil-a and Waffle House while on the road. I wasn’t really impressed with either.

You are dead to me

Catfish ranges from barely passable to worst meal ever, depending on preparation. It's a gritty, gross bottom feeder fish and that comes through in the eating. It's all about the breading to make it passable vs not, but it's never fine dining.

"Bottom feeders" are actually healthier to eat than apex predators due to lower mercury levels. I was a marine biology major in college only because there was no ornithology major available.
  • Den_of_Iniquity
    Options
    g4zab12wajeh.jpg

You are dead to me

Yes you can......I'd suggest cheese grits. I almost went with Mountain Oysters though.

I like cheese grits! But I don’t eat testes for anyone

Totally acceptable answer. The grits brought you back.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    What in the fart-in-a-featherstorm is a'goin' in here? A freakin' feathered fricassee?

Shhhh. I’m in charge now

Woman, I will have you know that based on the photographs that you have shared here that I have ordered you a custom Gimp Suit off Etsy and it'll arrive any damn day now. BACK IN YER CAGE!
  • nooshi713
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    g4zab12wajeh.jpg

You are dead to me

Catfish ranges from barely passable to worst meal ever, depending on preparation. It's a gritty, gross bottom feeder fish and that comes through in the eating. It's all about the breading to make it passable vs not, but it's never fine dining.

"Bottom feeders" are actually healthier to eat than apex predators due to lower mercury levels.

Is that still true if we’re talking about freshwater fish?

Any animal. The higher up you go on the food chain, the higher concentration of heavy metals and other toxins.
  • nooshi713
    Options
    So regarding those bottom feeders and crustaceans, eat away! Avoid swordfish, large tuna, dolphin, etc. Some people actually eat dolphin. So sad.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    g4zab12wajeh.jpg

You are dead to me

I have to agree with this.
  • SwannySez
    Options
    So regarding those bottom feeders and crustaceans, eat away! Avoid swordfish, large tuna, dolphin, etc. Some people actually eat dolphin. So sad.

JGyYlqa.gif
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    So speaking of clowns, what was that thing going on around here awhile back where everyone changed his profile pic? I was busy at the time, didn’t get a chance to ask
    It was in solidarity with Bacon after he was banned.
  • SwannySez
    Options
    So speaking of clowns, what was that thing going on around here awhile back where everyone changed his profile pic? I was busy at the time, didn’t get a chance to ask

It was in protest against the silencing of a prominent voice and the murder of a beloved poster who was killed by aggressive reporting.
  • Den_of_Iniquity
    Options

Usually "dolphin" is Mahi Mahi (dolphinfish)although I wouldn't be surprised if Flipper gets eaten as well.
  • nooshi713
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »

It was in protest against the silencing of a prominent voice and the murder of a beloved poster who was killed by aggressive reporting.

What was he banned for? He was the nicest guy.