60 yrs and up

Options

Replies

• Jadiva18
    Jadiva18 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @marci320. Thank god you are out of that job. Nothing is worth your health and its time to retire and enjoy your life. Your health is way more important than working your butt off for someone else’s money. I love that you left wil no notice! Stress will kill you. I hope to hear more about journey now that that part of your life is over.
  • Pdc654
    Pdc654 Posts: 317 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Oh my gosh, @BCLadybug888, thank you so much! Remember, you can't fail so long as you never give up! Even if it takes longer than you hope for, you're here, and you're committed. You can do it!

Talking of flies, we had the same thing going on when we had the grandkids here. We were in and out the patio door so much, sometimes it got left open and in came the flies. They are really bad this year. We were swatting flies for days after they left.
  • Ernest_Nigma
    Ernest_Nigma Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    @Evamutt Your craving doesn't sound that weird. A mix of carbs, protein, and fats, without lots of sugar. You could do far worse!
  • marci320
    marci320 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @Pdc654 95/54 is a scary BP! It sounds like maybe you are taking the Losartan and you may not need to. You've taken off so much weight and changed your health dramatically. I take Losartan but hope to get off of it with healthy eating and exercise. Keep us updated! @Evamutt It sounds like you went from one stressful job to another. Is there any way you can retire completely? I know I'm going to still have to work after I'm off disability because there are too many bills to pay. Maybe you can find a job you would enjoy doing? @delph8759 Welcome! Sounds like we have the same goals. No more meds! I hope you'll come back and share your journey with us. @ThisMagicMoment I'm 66 as well and feel the same way--encouraged by people losing weight at our age. Let's be one of those people too! @Jadiva18 I wish I could be one of those people who can just retire and enjoy life, but I'm going to have to work as long as I can because I owe too many bills. I'm just going to find a job that isn't as stressful as my last one. I probably sound like a diva, but I don't want to work overtime or have a long commute. My last job nearly killed me. @tdunevent5016 Good luck on getting back on track. I know it is a rather hokey saying, but when at first you don't succeed try, try again and my own saying (stolen from someone) You have to start in order to finish. @BCLadybug888 Congratulations on keeping off most of the weight you initially lost. Many people don't start again until they have gained all their weight back and then some. Be encouraged that you have less to lose than you did before. I wish you the best. @GinLee61 YOU are an inspiration as well! Congrats on losing so much weight and keeping it off! Well, I am off to the movies to beat the heat. I'm bringing my own snacks--bag of popcorn, carrots, 2 cutie oranges, and a bottle of water. I hope you all have a great weekend!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    We have enough $ to live on & are very fortunate that our kids will help us out with anything that comes up & we can't afford. Our house is paid off & only payment is our car we bought 3 years ago so I don't HAVE to work. With the small amount of hours I make under $100 a month, it does help. I just always felt responsible for what I do & don't want to "abandon" her, that's why if I do quit I'll take her to lunch twice a month.
    I'm so used to going outdoors & I did walk this morning but with the heat this weekend I have to make plans what to do inside. Hopefully I can get myself to organize & clean some things, I don't watch tv till 8pm & don't like to sit for too long at a time
  • Pdc654
    Pdc654 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    @marci320. That BP was really kind of a fluke, I think. Since then it's been running in the range of 115/65. I'm happy it's staying down since going off the amlodipine. I really do hope I can get off the Losartan as well. I think if it stays down that could happen.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @GinLee61 what a view, I love green forests, rolling hills etc. so glad you got to go. I've not been there