Replies

• BethE238
    BethE238 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @kmfeig87 - thank you!
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,815 Member
    Options
    OH, @puddlegoober, I’m SOOO happy to see you!
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    @Birder165 I’m happy to have been one of the people to carry on the challenge posts. It was working for me and I couldn’t let it die!

@puttyputty Do the best you can with C25K. I am not a runner. I have done several 5K races.
  • puttyputty
    puttyputty Posts: 2,993 Member
    Options
    aFit50 wrote: »
    congrats @puttyputty !! ~ 100 pushups is great goal! you inspire me to do a little more in that area :smile:

It's funny because I really don't much like push ups, but I viewed it as something that would be very challenging and help me improve upper body strength. Both things have come true! If anyone is interested, this is the challenge I'm doing: https://hundredpushups.com/test.html
  • puttyputty
    Options
    mamarh wrote: »
    Does anyone else gain weight day after exercise?
    mamarh wrote: »
    Does anyone else gain weight day after exercise?

It's water - your body uses fluid to help repair your muscles. It's a good thing, really!!

Yep, @mamarh, as @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn (great username!) said, it's water. For me, my gains are especially high when I do crunches. So that's why you just need to use the scale to show trends and to understand how your body is reacting to various inputs. Don't get discouraged! Just anticipate some little (or sometimes big) bumps up in that phantom weight after exercise and know that it doesn't mean you aren't losing fat.
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    @mamarh It is quite common to gain after a workout, especially if you do weights. Muscles hold onto water for recovery. I always drink at least an extra liter of water when I workout.
  • puttyputty
    Options
    @puttyputty Do the best you can with C25K. I am not a runner. I have done several 5K races.

@quiltingjaine, no C25k for me right now, but it's a fantastic program.