Intermittent fasting

Replies

• kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    I have lost weight doing IF. I do not count calories but try and eat in moderation. For me the eating window is what keeps me in control. I finish dinner by 5:15 to 5:30 and do often do not until 11:30 the next day. Sometimes I will eat earlier say at 9:30 am. just depending on what my schedule is like.

SInce August I have kind of been hit and miss with it so the weight loss has slowed down. I have about 8 lbs left to go. I seem to do good during the week doing IF and then blow it on weekends...I think because the weather is pretty bad right now so my weekends are not filled with hiking, etc. as they were when the weather was better and it is so cold here that it just makes me want to hibernate and eat!!

I figure though worst case if I do it four or five days per week and then loosen on the weekends even if I don't lose weight I will maintain and that is a good thing. Before IF I would come out of winter with at least an extra 10lbs on me:(

• 3DCAKE
    3DCAKE Posts: 104 Member
    Just started IF yesterday. One thing I have to have coffee with sugar free powder. I want to try to start drinking it just black but it so hard. Any suggestion to help me get to that point?
  • zeke2215
    zeke2215 Posts: 17 Member
    3DCAKE wrote: »
    Just started IF yesterday. One thing I have to have coffee with sugar free powder. I want to try to start drinking it just black but it so hard. Any suggestion to help me get to that point?

I put monk fruit in mine, it has less of an aftertaste than Stevia (if that's ok for your fast). :)
  • 3DCAKE
    3DCAKE Posts: 104 Member
    For my coffee drinkers.....What is a really good coffee that you wouldn't need anything in it?
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    For my coffee drinkers.....What is a really good coffee that you wouldn't need anything in it?

It's a personal thing as the post above mine says. I currently drink an Italian Roast and I grind my own beans when making a cup at home. I only drink one cup a day and it's strong. When buying on the go, I drink Cafe Americano.

In short, explore and discover.

• smiliekiwi
    smiliekiwi Posts: 92 Member
    Wow well done Harley!!
    2 weeks ago 90.6 Ks I started 10000 steps plus skipping lunch. Last weekend someone told me about IF and I’ve found it so much better than skipping lunch!!
    I’m doing the 18:6
    I won’t get on scales for another fortnight because I find the up downs demoralising
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member

The only coffee I enjoy black is French Press. I'm using Tim Hortons Course Grind Original Blend, and it's quite nice.