Intermittent fasting

Options
Anyone else out there doing intermittent fasting? I’ve been having great success over the past few weeks and would love to share tips and insights. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• strish80
    strish80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’d love to learn more about IF. Any websites you’d recommend? Thanks much!
  • seankicks1
    seankicks1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    There is so much great information on YouTube for IF I gravitate towards https://www.youtube.com/user/EVMysterious .
  • Janine810
    Janine810 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’ve recently started doing IF properly as I wasn’t strict enough with it. This month I’ve had good results. I was doing 16:8 until two days ago, which I’m now doing 18:6. In jan I lost 4.5 lbs - which was decent. But want a better loss per month as I want 30lbs off (did want it for the end of March but that won’t happen) x
  • contento25
    contento25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do you all take days off from Intermittent fasting or do you stay on it everyday? I've been doing for acouple day? But just wondering if it's more affective for weight loss to change it up?
  • Candikickbutt
    Candikickbutt Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I would love some info on 16:8 IF. I just started lifting heavy, about 20-30 lbs of fat to lose and I've been at a plateau for 6 months. :(
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    I would love some info on 16:8 IF. I just started lifting heavy, about 20-30 lbs of fat to lose and I've been at a plateau for 6 months. :(

Mosey on over to the IF sub-forum and you’ll find what you’re looking for.

• gmhester74
    gmhester74 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Janine810 wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »
    Janine810 wrote: »
    I’ve recently started doing IF properly as I wasn’t strict enough with it. This month I’ve had good results. I was doing 16:8 until two days ago, which I’m now doing 18:6. In jan I lost 4.5 lbs - which was decent. But want a better loss per month as I want 30lbs off (did want it for the end of March but that won’t happen) x

With just 30lbs to lose you should certainly not losing faster as you'd lose a lot of muscles along with fat. Muscles are good! They keep you strong, prevent you from looking skinny fat, work against osteoporosis and lots of other things. Oh, and your heart is a muscle too. Plus if you lose too fast you will probably lose hair, look pale and unhealthy. Is it really worth this?

I don’t think I’d lose that much in that time to be honest. Plus I do a lot of strength training. And defo don’t want to lose hair or muscle xx

Strength training is good. But when your body needs a minimum amount of fuel and is not getting that fuel.......muscle becomes the fuel.

This is my concern, I've been doing IF for about the last month, about a 14:10 ratio. I work in a hospital 12 hr shifts, so if I work out before work, I'm working out at 5 am, stopped eating at 7 pm the night before, but then don't eat breakfast until about 9 am or so. What is my body using to fuel that workout? Am I losing ground instead of gaining ground?
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Your workout performance and strength progression, as measured by loads lifted, will be an indicator. I've done fine training fasted but it did a little getting used to. Get your calories in, one way or the other, each day.