Intermittent fasting

Replies

• lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Janine810 wrote: »
    I’ve recently started doing IF properly as I wasn’t strict enough with it. This month I’ve had good results. I was doing 16:8 until two days ago, which I’m now doing 18:6. In jan I lost 4.5 lbs - which was decent. But want a better loss per month as I want 30lbs off (did want it for the end of March but that won’t happen) x

why not. how Re you doing so far?
  • lleeann2001
    zeke2215 wrote: »
    3DCAKE wrote: »
    Just started IF yesterday. One thing I have to have coffee with sugar free powder. I want to try to start drinking it just black but it so hard. Any suggestion to help me get to that point?

I put monk fruit in mine, it has less of an aftertaste than Stevia (if that's ok for your fast). :)

I dont know how those Monks like beinv put i. hot coffee every morning...🙉
  • lleeann2001
    Harleyb87 wrote: »
    seankicks1 wrote: »
    Anyone else out there doing intermittent fasting? I’ve been having great success over the past few weeks and would love to share tips and insights. Feel free to add me.

Yes I have been doing it for months now and I am doing a pretty extreme fasting period because I am ramping up for my wedding in May. I eat my first meal at 3 PM and stop eating between 6 PM and 7 PM. Sometimes I eat around 2 PM if the craving gets too intense. It's really helped me tremendously, my cravings have diminished, my appetite is way more in control and my night time eating isnt an issue anymore which is huge for me. I'm down a total of 42 pounds since December.

wow...this is GREAT!!! IMso happy for you...truly
  • lleeann2001
    me too. and honey i havent seen one video of dr fung. ive just seen the mans photo.i dont know what his ideas are.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    @kimny72, may I ask what you mean when you say “my appetite evolved”. Does it mean you got hungrier and wanted to eat more? Never heard that expression before.
  • lleeann2001
    @kimny72, may I ask what you mean when you say “my appetite evolved”. Does it mean you got hungrier and wanted to eat more? Never heard that expression before.

Yeah me neither....would be interested in learning what this phrase means in your case kimny
  • lleeann2001
    What s NEAT?
  • lleeann2001
    kimny72 wrote: »
    What s NEAT?

Non-exercise activity thermogenesis. It's basically your day to day calorie usage not including purposeful exercise.

So BMR is in a coma.
    BMR + daily activity = NEAT.
    NEAT + exercise = TDEE.

:smiley:

Oh I see. Maybe I missed this but I have wondered what my ne at is. How do I calculat e it?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    What s NEAT?

Non-exercise activity thermogenesis. It's basically your day to day calorie usage not including purposeful exercise.

So BMR is in a coma.
    BMR + daily activity = NEAT.
    NEAT + exercise = TDEE.

:smiley:

Oh I see. Maybe I missed this but I have wondered what my ne at is. How do I calculat e it?

Actually, MFP uses NEAT. So if you have all your correct current stats in your MFP profile and change your goal to Maintain Weight, the calorie goal it gives you is your estimated NEAT. Then if you change your goal to Lose Weight, it calculates your deficit from your NEAT. That's why on MFP you are supposed to log your exercise and it adds on extra calories, it is basically increasing your calorie goal from NEAT to TDEE.
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 450 Member
    I think NEAT is a great idea for everyone...I do IF as well and do not eat from 5:30 p.m. until lunchtime..I did a workout this morning at the gym 5K on the treadmill and now as I am at work and have a desk job I get up every 30 minutes and go for a 2 minute walk plus climb a flight of stairs. I figured moving more thru the day is good for all! I wish instead of a desk job that I had a job where I was moving all day long...say like getting 20K steps per day!

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    kds10 wrote: »
    I think NEAT is a great idea for everyone...I do IF as well and do not eat from 5:30 p.m. until lunchtime..I did a workout this morning at the gym 5K on the treadmill and now as I am at work and have a desk job I get up every 30 minutes and go for a 2 minute walk plus climb a flight of stairs. I figured moving more thru the day is good for all! I wish instead of a desk job that I had a job where I was moving all day long...say like getting 20K steps per day!

Have you seen this thread? It might give you more ideas

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss/p1