Intermittent fasting

Options

Replies

• kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    kds10 wrote: »
    I think NEAT is a great idea for everyone...I do IF as well and do not eat from 5:30 p.m. until lunchtime..I did a workout this morning at the gym 5K on the treadmill and now as I am at work and have a desk job I get up every 30 minutes and go for a 2 minute walk plus climb a flight of stairs. I figured moving more thru the day is good for all! I wish instead of a desk job that I had a job where I was moving all day long...say like getting 20K steps per day!

Have you seen this thread? It might give you more ideas

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss/p1

I will check that out! Thanks!
  • Help119
    Help119 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been doing IF for 8 weeks. I'm 125 lbs at 5 ft .4" tall. My goal is 119 lbs. The scale doesn't show any lbs lost. I weigh myself at the same time every 10 days. My meals are vegie and protein with very little carbs, no sugar. I cycle 30 mins a day, 4 times a week. What do I need to do to see weight loss?
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I have kind of ben trying this, not super seriously. I have coffee with cream in it in the morning. I'm not doing IF for any fancy purpose though, just to save my calories for later in the day. I have no problem coasting on just coffee until lunchtime (haven't tried it on an early gym day though) and I appreciate having more calories left for lunch and dinner. So far it's worked out well for me, if I were eating less calories I'd probably find it good too, as I often have plenty of leeway at the end of the day to eat whatever I want for dinner.

So it's casually working for me.
  • Help119
    Help119 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Help119 wrote: »
    I've been doing IF for 8 weeks. I'm 125 lbs at 5 ft .4" tall. My goal is 119 lbs. The scale doesn't show any lbs lost. I weigh myself at the same time every 10 days. My meals are vegie and protein with very little carbs, no sugar. I cycle 30 mins a day, 4 times a week. What do I need to do to see weight loss?

You are already a pretty lean weight for your height, so losing more weight is going to happen slowly and require precision. You should be expecting an average loss of @ 0.5lbs per week at most, which can easily hide behind water weight fluctuations, so you may not actually see the scale move for weeks at a time, patience is a must.

Log your food accurately and consistently. Use a food scale for all solids. Double check that the database entries you are using have the correct calories (most are user entered). Log every single darn thing. You are looking for a deficit of only 250 cals, which can be easy to negate with little logging errors.

Alternately, you might want to focus more on fitness, it's possible building a little muscle will reshape your body far more than losing a few more lbs.

Check out these posts when you get a chance:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

:drinker:

Thank you. I think you are Right. I've got to upmy exercise. I am pretty lean but want to get to 119lbs which feels right for me.
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    BrendaLee wrote: »
    3DCAKE wrote: »
    For my coffee drinkers.....What is a really good coffee that you wouldn't need anything in it?

The only coffee I enjoy black is French Press. I'm using Tim Hortons Course Grind Original Blend, and it's quite nice.

French Vanilla Blend. That's good. I like the coffees that lack a punch. I want it to be strong as heck! For why else am {I} drinking the darn stuff for.....😳
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    @mangofish44, thanks for sharing, I’m happy for you.

Stop by our Intermittent Fasting group here at MFP. I think you’ll like it.

Keep marching forward in your fitness, health and wellness journey.