Intermittent fasting

Options
12346»

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    jewel3 wrote: »
    Hey y'all! I just discovered this thread while searching up posts on IF. I'm just starting today. Can you work out safely first thing in the morning if you don't eat until 11 or 12?

I do it 5 days a week... you may need a few days to adjust to working out fasted but other than that it shouldn't be a problem.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I just discovered this thread while searching up posts on IF. I'm just starting today. Can you work out safely first thing in the morning if you don't eat until 11 or 12?

I do 4x per week. Not sure what you mean by safely? It affects some people's energy level for workouts.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

Many people don't eat in the morning before working out whether or not they practice IF. The only thing to keep an eye on is your energy levels as you may feel sluggish working out in the morning and then not eating for several hours after the fact. Everyone is different though.
  • mojavemtbr
    mojavemtbr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    IF and Keto have zero benefit physically. They're mental placebos.

Anybody who tells you IF is the way to lose those last stubborn pounds etc is not looking out for you.

Im not a keto fan but as far as IF goes where is your scientific study data references for the statement that "IF has zero benefit physically" ? Or is this merely conjecture on your part ?
    I have read quite a few contemporary studies that conclude it does have positive benefits as well as testimony from many people who say it has worked well for them.