February 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    dewit wrote: »
    Not sure if I should post, since I am concerned that I might not have a high score during the cold (and snow and ice...):

02/06 8.3 km in less than 50 mins
    02/08 over 30 km of biking

Yeah, I feel ya. Today I did NOT get to run 1.7 miles home from the gym, or at least, I chose to walk it instead. Not because of the cold, but because we got a bunch of snow and the thought of running on unevenly packed down snowy sidewalks and over snow-and-ice-mounded curbs and across slushy streets and so on and so forth for a dozen blocks was just too much. The workout at the gym was kind of rough, too - I've been sick and ended up out of breath really quickly. I tried not to be grumpy about it, but I was grumpy about it. For whatever reason the vibe of the class seemed more "get done and get out" than other times I've been there, but that could have been just me.

So my mileage for the month remains 3.8 from my run last weekend, and I'm not even on the board yet for this week, though I'm feeling optimistic about getting around at least one of the lakes on Sunday. Maybe two if I'm feeling wacky!

That's frustrating about the run home. But great job walking home anyway - even if it doesn't count for you as a run, your feet covered the distance!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Used this run to explore a new neighborhood, tackle some sizable hills, and try a new gel. ////
    So I tried the chocolate raspberry and berries/pomegranate flavors today at 1 and 2 hours into my run and YUM. They went down really easy texture-wise, and the flavors were great, and I think the extra dose of sodium really did help.

@kristinegift I am a fan of the Apple -Cinnamon ( tastes like apple pie ) and the Strawberry. Don't know if they have them in the + version with higher sodium.

@juliet3455 The apple cinnamon is only in the regular gel version, but I may add that one in to the mix too. I've had it once before and it was really tasty!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 thanks for the updates. Now anxiously waiting his final time. Must be in by now! Go @garygse!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @greyparks206 Congrats on your amazing PR! Lol at your phone situation - mine always seems like it goes off broadcasting my split pace just as I pass some really fast people going the other way, when I am running extra slow.

@somethingsoright It takes nerves forever to regrow - the nerves at the surgery site in my thumb still do weird things if I knead them, 25 years later. It sounds like you may be feeling nerves healing.