• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    :)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Alison: Good luck with the changes at work. Sending good thoughts your way. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: We bought the kind of hummingbird feeders that stick onto the windows and they’ve worked well for us, even in cold weather. Our old glass hanging ones would spill in the wind and the liquid that did stay would rapidly freeze. The ones that stick to the windows have less problems with cold and no problems with wind. They're made of plastic, so less possibility of breaking. We bought them at ACE Hardware. The brand name is Perky Pet. They’re also available online. :star: DH made lentil soup last night, too. :smiley: We can see snow or ice on the higher hills across the river from us in WA. It is chllly here but above freezing. The temperature outside is 35 right now. I suspect you’re at a higher elevation since we’re barely above sea level. :flowerforyou:

Rita: We used to have a different TV provider and there was a regular cooking show from Great Britain called The Hairy Bikers. There were two men who went from place to place on motorcycles and cooked gourmet food for people. I doubt any of it would qualify as low in calories. I’m betting they have a cookbook. I hope your medical appointments go well. :star:

Felicia: We can see snow across the river on the Washington hills but, so far, we don’t have any. :noway:

Dr. Katie: I’m glad to see you’re back. Congratulations on a successful birthday party for your dad. :star:

I went to yoga this morning and enjoyed every minute of it. I also burned a hundred calories on an exercise bike. I hope I’ll be able to go to at least one more yoga class this week, preferably two.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Happy National Homemade Soup Day!

"Before the era of modern transportation, soup was a product of regionally available foods. For this reason, there are thousands of soup recipes available today. Many soups also have medicinal purposes. What was once considered a wives’ tale, chicken soup now has the backing of the scientific community with helping relieve the symptoms of the common cold."

Here I am, once again skimming over pages and pages to catch up. My warmest thoughts and hopes go out to everyone who is struggling with health or other worries.

I spent all last week telecommuting from Dad's river house while overseeing the foundation repair contractors. My brother, sister, and brother-in-law came out late in the week to watch, but Friday we got word our cousin had died. So Saturday I drove home to Taylor for the night, then drove to Houston for the funeral Sunday morning. After the funeral I picked up my brother and drove back to the river. The contractor finished today, so this evening I get to drive home again and Wednesday Philip and I will be leaving to go to a professional convention. So... lots of driving, spotty internet, and plenty of chaos in my life right now. I'm hoping the WiFi connection will be better at convention because I'll be trying to work while we're away.

By the time all this is done, I'll be beyond ready to spend some time at home for a change!

-Yvonne in TX
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    (((Tracey & Rita))) Hugs for you both! Y'all seem to be having bad days.

Dreams: It seems like I am always working in my dreams. Either doing school work or house cleaning or helping others. I wake up very tired because I have worked so much in my dreams. :s

Driving with husband: Mine rants and raves no matter which of us is the driver.

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Janet in E MO: I am so sorry for the loss of your kitty. It is hard when we have to make life decisions for our pets and see to their needs. :sad:

Yvonne: I’m planning to make chicken soup for tonight’s dinner. Nobody is sick but we both love homemade chicken soup. :star:

Yoga today was lovely. I’m currently having trouble staying warm enough and am about to put on a few layers before we go and run errands.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,320 Member
    well ladies I am home from work...talk about stress... well didnt really have time for that...Mary has taken the helm until we get another office manager.. which gives her power to especially push me.. but we shall see..
    I will be working more hours for right now,, until they get the office manager in place...but I laid it on the line with the Dr and told him that Mary and I are sort of like oil and water and she likes to pawn off all the work on me, but think she will be very busy now and I will have to pick up the pace.. work as a team...
    I will not get a raise, I will still only get a weeks vacation and that is through April of 2020.. not real pleased about that..but at least I have a job and its close to my home...

Allie - glad you'll be getting more hours (even with Mary :s ), sorry about the chinzy vacation. A week isn't much considering how long you've been there.

I am curious as to why Allison was let go....she was going to wait until a couple days before she left to give notice. Did she change her mind? Or did the doc catch wind of it somehow?

You are right, with Mary much busier maybe she won't have time to get in your hair.

Are you still helping out that elderly lady in your complex?

Lanette
    SW WA State.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
    8flopzofv0dt.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
    stats for the day:

SNOW DAY TODAY:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 16.35min, 5.7amph, 138mhr, 1.5mi= 123c
    lateral machine- 31min, lvl1-9, 110ahr, 126mhr, 1.5mi= 213c
    bike ride gym to dome- 13.59min, 6.3amph, 129mhr, 1.4mi= 102c