WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Bianca--I can not understand why a friend would tell you they do not like one of your children. So sad and I would try talk to her and tell her how you feel and how it hurt you. If she is a good friend you should be able to work it out.

Rita--You go Girl!!

Allie--She got fired, that scary. Deep breath while up front with Mary. Did you get as chance to talk to your boss about it?

Katiebug--Missed you. Glad your party for your dad went well.

Janet--Sorry to hear of your loss. It is never easy to lose our furbabies.

Michele--I enjoy all the things you are doing to put in your yard. They are so colorful and will brighten and make the yard so inviting.

NYKaren--What an uplifting story. Gives me such hope.

Heather--Love the mats. What a nice place to start the day.

Well our temps can not make up it's mind., One day below 0, next almost 57 and not back to the cold. Sounds like going to be cold the rest of this week. I am so looking forward to spring.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Lisa - Thanks for updating us. Prayers continue for a speedy recovery.

Heather - Glad you are finally feeling better!

Protein - I can’t remember who asked, but my go to’s are Greek yogurt and egg whites. I always have hard boiled eggs in the fridge. I also often have an egg white scramble with veggies when I need a protein hit but I’m lazy.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    ydailey wrote: »
    Happy National Homemade Soup Day!

"Before the era of modern transportation, soup was a product of regionally available foods. For this reason, there are thousands of soup recipes available today. Many soups also have medicinal purposes. What was once considered a wives’ tale, chicken soup now has the backing of the scientific community with helping relieve the symptoms of the common cold."

-Yvonne in TX

Ha! I made Chicken Chowder with gluten free dumplings for dinner last night.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    😏😄😀😁
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    Vicki~ yes I did talk to my boss about Mary but will bring up the vacation again...
    I am going to push the envelope a bit, I am the oldest one there, everyone else is full time, I go above and beyond and think even if I dont get a raise I should at least get 2 weeks.. everyone else does.after a 3 month probation.. which will be april first..
    we shall see..
    had a lovely day out with my DD we went and got a mani/pedi and to lunch and poked around Walmart...then stopped and tried to get a gift card for a friend of hers and the place was closed.. so she will have to go back.. I had to take a nap today i was just exhausted ... slept horrible last night and am going out to dinner with the girls tonight... not much up for it, but will go anyway... going to an italian place, who knows what I can get there..
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Margaret - our resident TV star! Is your trash container stuck to the ground, too? That’s going to slow the trash workers down even more. I’d be worried the bottom would crack when they try to get it loose. Here, there’s an arm on the truck that lifts them up. I can just imagine the chaos.

I’m supposed to be working on my online class. It is going slowly. My, oh, my! I need cookies and a Diet Dr P. This is why there are none in the house!

Machka, prayers for a good MRI.

Allie and Pip, prayers for the drama at work to pass without affecting you.

They failed to pick up our recycle too. That was frozen into the driveway. I did wiggle it lose. Your right it will be a mess for them to pick these up. Now we have a layer of ice under snow too. It is snowing today. I have rescheduled a furnace check on my son's new home twice. They cancelled because they have had so many furnace emergencies. They up side is they are knocking $40 off the price.

I also rescheduled my oil change twice because of the weather and my illness. I did not want to go get it done when it was 50 below wind chill factor. I figured there were many other that needed their services more. I did get it done today. I was to get two free oil changes with my new car. It had been over two years and technically I was over that time frame but they gave it to me.

So today seems to be a lucky day for me. It makes it easier to endure our weather. I must say up until a few weeks ago we were having a mild winter for us.

I had a good laugh with the furnace scheduler. He told me they brought up some people from Arizona right when the bad weather hit. We laughed and said that we make them want to return to Arizona and never return. It keeps Minnesota a secret for a great place to live!

:heart: Margaret
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    Allie - You are fortunate to get vacation since you are part time or have you gone full time and I missed that?

Tracey - Vacation time is a benefit that is at each employers discretion. The US Labor laws do not require vacation be given or paid. Sick time is being mandated by many states/cities/municipalities now, but that is a fairly new development.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

I guess we are very fortunate in Canada. Each province sets its own legislation for vacation time that is mandatory. In Alberta the new laws that came into effect last year also include a lot of different mandated leaves that are unpaid, but your job must be kept. After 1 year of employment employees get 2 weeks vacation, employers are responsible for maintaining a vacation “bank” for the money be given with the time off. It is 4% of your gross earnings not including stat and overtime wages.

Tracey

And here in Australia we get 4 weeks starting in the first year. Plus stats, RDOs, Flex Days etc.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    <3
    z0agu1283yww.png
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    :):D;)B)
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Kylua in Ohio, I was an Ohioan until age 24. I well remember! Federal Tax , State Tax AND- Ta-DAH! - City Tax! I gat a person with some Ohio income now and then and always hope it’s reasonably simple for those reasons, lol.

Barbiecat et al. - A little trick I learned from a pro de-cluttered at a lecture I attended - If you like looking at it because of the memories it evokes, think about taking a really clear picture and saving it online in an album. You may find your mind is content with that. Then find a place to donate or sell it that resonates with you. My kitty memorabilia from friends is taken care of that way. I have so many figurines and accessory items. I sell them st our Senior Center Sidewalk Sale. That way the money goes somewhere that is a support for many and the customer base is almost always up for snapping that stuff up soon after the sale opens.

Oh Allie! sounds like your worst fears happened! I hope you can get away from being around Mary ASAP!

Heather U.K., now I’ll have to look up Hairy Bikers to see what sort of things they cook. I prefer chicken thighs in most recipes because they stay moist.

Janet! sounds like the cat may have gotten into something toxic! I’m glad your DD could go to hold her cat. I have found it easier to come to terms when I’ve been with them. I hope she will, and you too.

Oh, Yvonne! What a stressful schedule! I love to drive, but that would be very hard. ❤️ to you!

Pip, I’m right up here with you. I live up a 3/4 mile dirt and gravel road with about a 14% grade in spots, and the steepest is about a .2 mile straight stretch in the open, no guard rail, but an occasional tree about 5-6’ down. It gets snowed on the most, packed down from many attempts to come up or go down while the stuff is fresh. Then it melts very slightly in the daytime, and freezes like a slick brick overnight. I’m trapped.

Margaret, you look like you’re getting your exercise in. What a lovely complexion and hair you have. You radiate health.

I am slacking badly on my fluids and it shows. My scape isn’t moving. Of course nothing else is moving, because my house is approaching absolute zero. I finally have it up to 63° inside today after 51° yesterday. I had to close off all but living room, kitchen and bath. That’s fine, because I’m sleeping in the living room. Even with all the covers and heated mattress pad, I can’t face my semi-outdoor sleeping porch in these nighttime temps. They call for 16-17°. Nope. Kitties would want under the covers, and when they both get in there, they want to play fight. Nope!

Sensible Sharon Near Seattle
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Kylua in Ohio, I was an Ohioan until age 24. I well remember! Federal Tax , State Tax AND- Ta-DAH! - City Tax! I gat a person with some Ohio income now and then and always hope it’s reasonably simple for those reasons, lol.

Barbiecat et al. - A little trick I learned from a pro de-cluttered at a lecture I attended - If you like looking at it because of the memories it evokes, think about taking a really clear picture and saving it online in an album. You may find your mind is content with that. Then find a place to donate or sell it that resonates with you. My kitty memorabilia from friends is taken care of that way. I have so many figurines and accessory items. I sell them st our Senior Center Sidewalk Sale. That way the money goes somewhere that is a support for many and the customer base is almost always up for snapping that stuff up soon after the sale opens.

Oh Allie! sounds like your worst fears happened! I hope you can get away from being around Mary ASAP!

Heather U.K., now I’ll have to look up Hairy Bikers to see what sort of things they cook. I prefer chicken thighs in most recipes because they stay moist.

Janet! sounds like the cat may have gotten into something toxic! I’m glad your DD could go to hold her cat. I have found it easier to come to terms when I’ve been with them. I hope she will, and you too.

Oh, Yvonne! What a stressful schedule! I love to drive, but that would be very hard. ❤️ to you!

Pip, I’m right up here with you. I live up a 3/4 mile dirt and gravel road with about a 14% grade in spots, and the steepest is about a .2 mile straight stretch in the open, no guard rail, but an occasional tree about 5-6’ down. It gets snowed on the most, packed down from many attempts to come up or go down while the stuff is fresh. Then it melts very slightly in the daytime, and freezes like a slick brick overnight. I’m trapped.

Margaret, you look like you’re getting your exercise in. What a lovely complexion and hair you have. You radiate health.

I am slacking badly on my fluids and it shows. My scape isn’t moving. Of course nothing else is moving, because my house is approaching absolute zero. I finally have it up to 63° inside today after 51° yesterday. I had to close off all but living room, kitchen and bath. That’s fine, because I’m sleeping in the living room. Even with all the covers and heated mattress pad, I can’t face my semi-outdoor sleeping porch in these nighttime temps. They call for 16-17°. Nope. Kitties would want under the covers, and when they both get in there, they want to play fight. Nope!

Sensible Sharon Near Seattle

Thank you Sharon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    Well ladies back from dinner..had a lovely time I was very good and ordered a side salad with steak on it..it had gorgonzola cheese olives ,I picked out the croutons and candied pecans and had blue cheese dressing on the side.. I ate a 1/3 and brought the rest for lunch tomorrow..long day tomorrow 9-6 ..asked the nurse st nursing home if the girls could get my DFIL up first so I can at least get him started eating before I have to go in to work

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Sharon ~ I love reading your posts.

Allie ~ Hoping all will work out well for you at the dentist office.

I was thinking a lot about after dinner snacking tonight and ate sour pickles. That took care of that happily. :)

Carol in GA