WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    They are doing the tracheotomy tomorrow morning on my aunt. I don't know why that scares me so, h3ll just made it through 2 open heart surgeries on an infant from far away. The tracheotomy scares me. Prayers please. I want to be there, but can't do more there than here.
    Thank you,
    Kylia weepy in Ohio
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Heather UK, have you thought of asking her if there's be a time she thinks she would be up to having you come visit? Depending on the warmth of her answer you could make plans accordingly. She may not feel up to traveling to Hove. I dread my sister friends becoming I'll, although I know it must one day come. My heart aches for you. Incidentally, if you cough when laying flat, don't lay flat. Put a pillow or two more under your upper body.

[n]Katla, [/b]it's precisely because of folks like your husband that I'm quarantined. Folks who can't take the vaccines and babies are at risk of chickenpox. We who grew up in the 40s and 50s thought nothing of it, but there are serious complications. It can be deadly, as we know now. I don't want to put anyone at risk. I had chickenpox as a kid, and both shingles shots, and still got shingles! And it hurts! I have an anti-vural to take, and I hope it helps soon.

Margaret! Those ice sculptures are magical! One of the reasons I want to be healthier us to be able to walk around displays like that!

Beth, that is SO maddening! I might expect those tactics from a low quality used car dealership, but not from a medical practice.

Vicki GI NE! so many stories about what sounds like really unfair practices! Had you written a report for them of your side of the story? Seems amazing they would pay on so little data.

Still itching a bit and hurting. Can't brush or comb the right side of my head, nor tie it up or back as I usually do. That picture of my wild hair the other day was prophecy, I guess.

Sharon Near(ly) Frantic Near Seattle

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Kylia Prayers
    Sharon hope you feel better soon!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,823 Member
    Options
    It is sunny and just above freezing so some of the snow is melting but another storm is supposed to be coming through tomorrow. Boo!

Heather - Hope your friend's ending is peaceful.

Lisa - Don't forget to ice. Keeping the swelling down helps to be able to bend it and timing the pain med for 20 to 30 minutes before PT helps to make the exercises easier.

KJ - Hope you are able to get some rest.

Rori- Congrats on the new car. DD is looking for a new car and she wants heated seats and it has to be big enough to fit 2 goats in the back. I think the salesperson may get a smile out of that.

Sharon - So sorry about the shingles. I did the 1st vaccine and then got shingles twice. Have since gotten the new vaccine.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    It is sunny and just above freezing so some of the snow is melting but another storm is supposed to be coming through tomorrow. Boo!

Rori- Congrats on the new car. DD is looking for a new car and she wants heated seats and it has to be big enough to fit 2 goats in the back. I think the salesperson may get a smile out of that.

Sue - I had to smile at your car that hauls goats comment. Many years ago I bought a used Subaru station wagon at a dealer in Bellevue who also sold BMW's. I knew I needed a vehicle that could easily fit a large dog crate or 2 in the back for hauling goats! The dealer kept trying to steer me to the BMW lot and I finally said OK, how many goats can I haul?

He probably thought I was Ma Kettle or Granny Clampett, lol. That little Sube hauled a lot of goats. And big dogs!

Lanette
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

Sharon: I’ve had chicken pox and have had shingles vaccine more than once because there was an updated version available. Hopefully the shingles stay away. DH also had chickenpox but he can’t take the vaccinations. We keep our fingers crossed for him. :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Same here, Katla. My 18 year old son got shingles three years ago, the day before we were driving half way across the country to move here. He was miserable. So my husband and I decided we should probable get the shingles vaccine (Both have had chickenpox). My doc told me absolutely not. I am forbidden. That means all of you have to get the vaccine to protect me and Katla's husband (only slightly joking) and other immune compromised folks.

Felicia, waiting for more snow
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    Sharon - I'm always asking her. She has to fit so many people into her life and she tires very easily. I don't want to pressurise her. I just think it's all overwhelming right now.

We left the kids fairly early at bath time, (Edie having a melt down for some reason) and tried out a new to us Persian restaurant that people have recommended. Really good. It will become one of our go tos. Lots of Iranians there, which is a good sign!

We are back with the kids on Sunday while the parents go to an afternoon concert. My son has injured his Achilles tendon in his marathon training. Sooooooooooooo annoying for him. He has a half marathon in two weeks and was meant to be doing a long train on Sunday. He is very injury prone, but was doing so well. :'(

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    :'(<3Sharon, so sorry to hear about the shingles. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and an enjoyable time listening to audio books.

:)Sue, Nessa is darling.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Marjorie Main played Ma Kettle. Percy McBride was Pa. Don't ask me how I remember that!! lol
    Lisa so glad that you are home and taking the pain meds. They really can be a huge help! Good to hear that you are already moving the knee! Amazing that you are up and about already!
    Machka, very glad to hear that you aren't broken, but the ligament/tendon/muscle strain doesn't sound like fun either! Hope you are able to heal quickly
    Sharon, so sorry to hear about the shingles! Sincerely hope the anti virals work quickly!
    Have been eating too much salty food, and it's showing up on the scale. Ate better today, so hopefully that will show up on the scale too!! lol
    The weather is supposed to take a turn for the worse tomorrow, snow, cold, and strong winds. Should be fun...... We just aren't equipped to handle that kind of weather here, and a lot of people are even less equipped! I grew up, and learned to drive, in snow country so have no real issues with it, but a lot depends on the road conditions and what the other idiots are doing! If it were up to me, I'd just stay home but I have to work. Speaking of which, Allie and Pip, I can only hope that things settle down at your respective workplaces. Allie, such a shock to hear that Allison was a fraud. Guess it's just as well that she wasn't there for too long.
    Kylia, so sorry to hear about your aunt, happy news about Baby Audrey!
    Well, that's it for me for now. Battery in tablet is about to die!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island where we are bracing for winter!